Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:43:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)  (Read 16598 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »

This has taken a quick turn to say the least.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »

WOW, I'd take a step back if I were you.  Marriage is a pretty permanent thing and you're still young.  Maybe dating for a few years first would be more prudent.  This could just be the excitement of a new relationship, which can fade fast and leave a crappy relationship behind.  Live your lives together before you make a lifelong commitment to someone you barely know.

That and you gotta at least hit it once or twice. You know, would you buy a car w/out taking it out for a test drive? Are you buying new or used?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »

WOW, I'd take a step back if I were you.  Marriage is a pretty permanent thing and you're still young.  Maybe dating for a few years first would be more prudent.  This could just be the excitement of a new relationship, which can fade fast and leave a crappy relationship behind.  Live your lives together before you make a lifelong commitment to someone you barely know.

That and you gotta at least hit it once or twice. You know, would you buy a car w/out taking it out for a test drive? Are you buying new or used?

Obviously used considering she already has a child.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 10:09:32 AM »

That's what you get for not reading the whole thread!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 10:20:20 AM »

You've gotta slow down man. I can tell you're crazy about this girl, but mention of marriage this soon is nothing short of insanity. Take some time to get to know her better.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 11:31:02 AM »

We have both said the only thing that will stop us now is if the Lord comes back for his church before then.  We have both committed that divorce is not and will never be an option.

sorry, bushok, but that kind of weirds me out.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 11:52:07 AM »

BRAKES
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »

This is beyond creepy. More like borderline disturbing. Especially since the woman has to be divorced if she has a kid.

Honestly this reminds me of some 15-year old in love for the first time especially with the "We'll be together FOREVER!" deal.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »

Especially since the woman has to be divorced if she has a kid.

Or perhaps never married.

This is the problem with this whole abstinence before marriage deal.  It's pretty obvious that BushOklahoma is having normal biological sexual urges, but at the same time is conflicted by his virginity until marriage beliefs.  Because of this, he (and other hardline Christian youth under this pressure) are forced to rush relationships to satisfy a basic human need.  Unfortunately, this will probably lead to two people who really don't love each other but rather lust for each other to enter in this long term relationship with a high risk of failure.

And that's the cold, hard truth.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:44 PM »

This is the problem with this whole abstinence before marriage deal.  It's pretty obvious that BushOklahoma is having normal biological sexual urges, but at the same time is conflicted by his virginity until marriage beliefs.  Because of this, he (and other hardline Christian youth under this pressure) are forced to rush relationships to satisfy a basic human need.  Unfortunately, this will probably lead to two people who really don't love each other but rather lust for each other to enter in this long term relationship with a high risk of failure.

This is unfortunately true.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »

one of greatest posts in forum history
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 04:28:53 PM »

Decoded: You're a fool if you practice abstinence. You're always setting yourself up for heart break.

Roll Eyes
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 04:31:42 PM »

Decoded: You're a fool if you practice abstinence. You're always setting yourself up for heart break.

Roll Eyes

The problem is people who get married for having sex together, without living together before. Being with somebody a few hours each day is not the same thing than living all the time with somebody.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »

Roll Eyes

Too close to home for you Phil, I know.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 04:33:34 PM »

Roll Eyes

I've added bolding to emphasize where you made the false implication.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »

Roll Eyes
I like you, Phil, but do you always think you're being made fun of?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »

Roll Eyes

The problem is people who get married for having sex together, without living together before.

Well, I believe you're a fool for getting married just to have sex together anyway. I don't see why not living together before sets you up for more problems.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Right, I agree but I don't see how that's relevant.

Roll Eyes

Too close to home for you Phil, I know.

Uh, what?

If this is exactly what I think this is, I'd love to know how this isn't blatant trolling.

Roll Eyes

I've added bolding to emphasize where you made the false implication.

Oh, ok. You're "probably' setting yourself up for heartbreak. I think that's silly, too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »

Roll Eyes
I like you, Phil, but do you always think you're being made fun of?

What does this have to do with me? I'm defending someone who is the butt of far too many jokes around here and I'm tired of people who choose to practice abstinence also catching hell for their choices as well.

Don't assume anything about my sex life and I won't assume anything about yours. Thanks.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2009, 04:46:11 PM »

It's a big jump to go from going out to dinner with one another every other night, spending an evening at the others' home, and generally having alot of time being together, and jumping to being together at all times and being intimate for the very first time. (Being intimate at all.)

Not being around the person, not living with the person and knowing their routine, and getting used to seeing a side of them you don't see when you're eating out and parting ways, is an important aspect to building a relationship that will supposedly last forever. There's a big, big difference and an important one to prepare yourself for if you're going to get married. There are bound to be problems in someone's marriage if up until that point, one never goes too far beyond the surface.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »

It's a big jump to go from going out to dinner with one another every other night, spending an evening at the others' home, and generally having alot of time being together, and jumping to being together at all times and being intimate for the very first time. (Being intimate at all.)

I don't disagree with that but that has nothing to do with this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So people that don't live together before marriage are basically doomed?

My problem here isn't with people saying BushOK is taking things too quickly; it's the constant jokes about the abstinence that he chooses to practice and telling him that is why he really wants to get married. I'm tired of people like BushOK being painted as brain dead fools who are usually setting themselves up for disappointment.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »

Well, obviously I would much rather be abstinent than be BRTD or Flyers. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »

Well, obviously I would much rather be abstinent than be BRTD or Flyers. Tongue

Well, that isn't saying much.  Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2009, 06:36:39 PM »

Obviously used considering she already has a child.

Just thought of that after I made my last post.  I think he has to lower his "waiting for marriage" standard or else.. yeah, I'll say it he's setting himself for disappointment.  The fact that his ex set him up also disturbs me.  The woman dumped him for a freaking grandfather.  If it were me, I wouldn't be talking to her much or at all for that matter.  I don't want to be mean to him because God knows I've been in the same position as him before.  It takes a while to realize the best thing is to do what comes natural and to act on it.  I mean the new girl already has a child.  DUH, she definitely likes sex and to me this might not look good already.  I hope BushOK doesn't turn out to be like the 40 Year Old Virgin.  I really do.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

Think with your dick when that's easiest, right, Flyers? It's doing wonders for you.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2009, 07:11:10 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2009, 07:18:29 PM by Ron Mexico »

Think with your dick when that's easiest, right, Flyers? It's doing wonders for you.

It's the Kenso way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies