New Hampshire Megathread: Sherman in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:00:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Hampshire Megathread: Sherman in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire Megathread: Sherman in  (Read 32245 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: December 05, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »

$*(@#!(@!

useless pos
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »

@sawx: Can they remove him from this office at some point if a situation warrants it, or is this set in stone?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:45:19 PM »

This is sad news, but at the least it seems likely this will be Gardner's final term.

A close election in 2020 benefits NH republicans. There was just D+7 years and they still couldn’t get rid of Gardner. I don’t expect him to go anywhere or if he does van ostern will not win in a closer legislature

lol that is irrelevant. They could have, but he just barely scraped by due to what sawx said. If it was strictly a party-line vote, he'd be gone.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 11:04:00 PM »

I have a "double feeling" about that: understand a frustration of "partisan Democrats", but - still glad, that such notion, as friendship, surpasses ideological disagreements sometimes. That rarely happens now in our "scoundrel's time"....

yay naked cronyism!!! so beautiful Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Yeah, I have to say, in this instance, if they are voting for him based on some vague years-old "personal connection" despite Gardner having little in common with them with regards to election policy, then that is pretty blatant cronyism. Gardner isn't some election god, he's just another guy who has outstayed his welcome. They could have given him the boot today and New Hampshire's elections and presidential primaries would have kept on ticking just fine.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 12:53:51 AM »

They were elected as candidates and persons, not "party robots". If they voters like them - they will reelect them, if not - not. That's exactly why i not only don't give a damn about present day parties, but - utterly despise them all.

Personally, I could support a Republican whose views on elections leaned pro-voter access (aka in line with Democrats, more or less). It doesn't have to be a partisan affair.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:45:37 PM »

The Executive Council just voted down Gordon MacDonald’s nomination, 3-2 along party lines

Sununu's not happy and has withdrawn all nominations (presumably until MacDonald is confirmed). He's also vetoed a massive amount of bills.

Well, exactly what I would do if MY nominations were treated this way.... IIRC - Democrats don't have veto-proof majority in Legislature, and, generally, unlike previous years, voting in legislature was extremely polarized (presumably - because Democrats pushed strongly liberal platform hard)....

It's just par for the course in the game Sununu likes to play. He's the guy who made one of, if not his first major action in office to restrict the ability of his political opponents to vote - namely students, who are notably left-leaning. So let us break out the world's smallest violin for his judicial woes.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 07:58:12 PM »

Don't know if it's too soon or if you posted further back, but with some primary results in (so far), what do you think Dem prospects look like this year? Grow majorities? Super-majority possible? Losses?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies