Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:06:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Liberal NPC Elections HQ- February 2021-July 2021  (Read 4577 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »

Song Up! from shania Twain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDPqKy3HGB8

Up, up, up
Can only go up from here
Up, up, up
Where the clouds gonna clear
Up, up
There's no way but up from here

Hello everyone. That was the official campaign song for the Liberal Party in California. Up! from Shania Twain. The past year has been difficult and hard at times, the country and cities having to deal with the effects of the coronavirus. I think now it's time to think about the future and to focus on the recovery. Things are looking up. And a great way to go up than by electing a new state government, a Liberal government.

I'm here in Corona in California in support of this city and all other cities, Sadly people have a negative impression of the place because of the name. Our post-covid recovery plan involves financial support for cities and local communities that have faced financial pressure over the last year. There was a loss of revenues because of a slower economy and some businesses being closed and unexpected spending to deal with the pandemic like higher costs for public security and police, aid to local small business, public health spending to take care of people. We will offer cities and towns a big amount of cash in assistance to compensate for their financial efforts so there is not a big hole in their budgets. The state government can work with local towns and work on the recovery.

I present the official campaign banner and don't forget to vote for the Liberal Party so California can move up.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2021, 09:59:26 PM »

Press Release by the Liberal Party of Virginia over Governor DeSantis's comments

RICHMOND, VIRGINIA- In a press release earlier today, Virginia Liberal Chair Tom Warner called for the resignation of Governor Emily DeSantis over her racist comments and should apologize for them. In the press release, Chair Warner called on the General Assembly to pass a resolution condemning Governor DeSantis at her racist comments and to pass a resolution for her to resign.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2021, 10:28:40 PM »

Nationwide TV Ad Campaign

With the March local elections approaching closer and closer, vote for your local Liberal candidates! If they are elected, they will represent you and you alone and fight for you, your community, as they certainly aren't carpetbaggers, and they aren't ordinary politicians, but they are part of your community.

If you want a voice for your community in your state government, vote Liberal!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2021, 10:40:47 PM »

I'm in El Cajon in California. About one third of residents here are foreign born and being in Southern California is a good place to speak about citizenship and the right to vote. There are discussions at the federal and regional levels to modify the rules to become a citizen or have the right to vote. This concerns your families and friends who dream of being an Atlasian citizen and participate in the civic life of this country. Some want to make it harder to gain citizenship, they want people to have to wait longer. I say this is misguided. Atlasia has tried to be an open and welcoming place for new people. We will work to stay that way. For many of us we were welcomed in this country under a set of rules so we must not start to set up barriers once we are in to keep others outside. We are not a people who exclude others and accept only a kind of people with a specific profile and background. We need to continue to be inclusive and keep are citizenship and voting right laws. It's heartless to toughen rules and make it more difficult to obtain those rights. I guess some politicians are afraid with newcomers they will lose power, so they are afraid of new citizens and new voters. This state and this country needs new people and we should welcome them and make it easy to participate in public life. Sadly the country is on the opposite direction. New people make the state and country richer. The Liberal Party is a friend of your rights so vote for the Liberal candidates, vote for those who don't already have the right to vote, for your relatives, your neighbours, your friends.

And as my friend google says:
Vota por el partido liberal. Defenderemos su derecho a la ciudadanía.

Thank you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2021, 02:34:19 PM »

I'm in Stockton in California. High tech industries are a boost to economic growth and they provide well paying jobs and more resistent to economic cycles. Silicon Valley is known for the concentration of high tech industries but it will be good to spread future growth in regions around. Office space and rent is expensive in the Bay area, workers need to commute from further away. New businesses should be encouraged to locate outside Silicon Valley where there is more space, space is less expensive, housing more affordable and less traffic congestion and transit issues. To give an incentive to new businesses to locate in zones outside Silicon Valley but still in regions close by, we will give tax credits to businnesses who bring venture capital and research and development spending to regions that have not been the traditional locations of the spending. We want to spread the wealth around and not just in core locations.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2021, 06:03:54 PM »

I'm in Juneau in Alaska. The Alaska Marine Highway is essential to travel to coastal communities and island communities. We can't have isolated towns. The routes are not profitable so the state needs to support the system. We need many ferries to serve the routes. There is a problem when one ferry boat needs repair, some service needs to be cut off. To avoid cutting service we will buy a new ferry boat. It will secure the current service to have a back up. It will also be easier to do maintenance on the other ferries. It can be used if there is some kind of emergency or overload at a specific time. The ferries are vital for local population but also a way for tourists to discover our state with it's beautiful coastal scenery. If you want to support the ferry service, vote for the Liberal Party in the state and local election.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »

I've arrived in Sitka in Alaska. I came by the Marine Highway ferry. It was an enjoyable ride. We played music, the state camapign song. It's theferry boat serenade by the Andrews sisters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHy-ji5hDNQ

I am happy, very, very happy
When we're on the ferry
The music is so merry

Salmon is an important specie of the fishing industry. It is also traditional for Native Alaskans. I'm here to announce that the Liberal Party will protect fish habitats. We favor economic development that is done responsibly. We will be cautious before giving the green light to mega projects like mining. We will ask for environmental impact and possible effects on fish and salmon habitats to be able to protect them. We will not let industries destroy nature. Salmon is part of the way of life of many Alaskans and we want it to continue that way.

Finally this is the campaign banner:

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 11:17:29 AM »

I'm in Hagerstown in Indiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLy9kbK4L-w
I'm goin back to Indiana
Indiana here I come

I'm happy to be back in Indiana. You heard the campaign theme song for the Liberal Party in Indiana. It's Going back to Indiana by the Jackson Five.

Indiana farms and businesses rely on seasonal and migrants workers to operate. Those workers provide labor capabilities that are difficult to fill and it translates into economic benefits for the agricultiral industry and the state. Domestic workers don't seem interested in the type of jobs foreign born laborers are willing to take. If it were not for migrant workers the agricultural industry would face a shortage of employees and less revenues. We need foreign workers in support of agriculture. That is why we want to work with regional and federal government to create a flexible guest worker program and have a visa program that fits and fills the need of the industry.

We also need to integrate those foreign born workers into Atlasian society. They will not be full citizens if we have laws that makes it more difficult to become full Atlasians, like extending the time before they can gain citizenship. It's closing the door on them. It's the same for seasonal workers, we can't make it more difficult to move regions. Some workers could want to rejoin family during the off season or go work in a state with warmer climate in winter where they could find work. It's important to preserve mobility and welcome foreign born people.

Here is the campaign banner. It shows elements on the state flag, a torch and stars, with flag colors.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 04:51:17 PM »

I'm in Marshall Heights in DC. This is the local campaign banner.

The banner shows a row of fruits. It's because in DC there is a problem of access to grocery store. In the eastern part of DC there are less full service grocery stores now than some years ago. The problem is in less wealthy areas. When there is not easy access to healthy and affordable food it leads to diseases caused by malnutrition. We need to attract stores that will provide fresh and healthy food in dstricts that lacks them. We are thinking of different avenues of solution. We can offer an advantageous rent if there is a municipal building or land to host a grocery store. We could participate in a local community effort to have a grocery story, by supporting a non profit project or cooperative. It can be added with organizational support or financial support. We are also looking at inviting fruit and vegetable producers, maybe from Virginia, to have stalls in a place to get fresh produce available to the local population.

To go with the food store availability topic, the official campaign song is The food song by Barbra Lica:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWjygxbQbQY
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2021, 10:29:38 PM »

I'm in Portage in Indiana. The state still relies mostly on fossil fuels for its energy use. There is a lot of effort to be made in the future to use cleaner form of energy. Electric vehicles are becoming more popular and it's a good trend. There needs to be more charging stations to recharge batteries so it's practical to use an electric vehicle. We have the plan to help the biggest towns in the state to install electrich vehicle charging stations by financing the installation. The towns will choose the exact location, in high traffic places or town buildings. As consumers see it's easy to recharge, they won't be afraid to be stuck somewhere out of power. It's a small gesture to incite people to use cleaner energy.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2021, 03:43:19 PM »

I'm in Superior in Wisconsin. I'm proud to present the campaign banner of the Wisconsin Liberals:

The slogan is We're WI and there is a badger. We're WI because the Liberal Party candidates represent Wisconsin well. They are hard working and common sense people. The candidates live where they run, they are not carpetbaggers. They represent the state, we have candidates from different racial background and profession. We have people with different experiences, like farming, business, teaching, community organization, law, engineering, police, nursing, to name a few. Therse people are Wisconsin. They have been involved in your communities and are well known locally. They will be fighting for you because we are Wisconsin. We're WI.

Here we are on the border with Minnesota. Many people move from one state to the other. So it is troubling to see legislation wanting to increase the time before someone can move to another region.  It will greatly affect a state like Wisconsin that shares a border with another region. It's like putting a big barrier. It's not good for our economy. It goes against the principle of freedom of movement. Imagine if someone could get a job in another region but can't accept it because they can't move for the new job for another 9 months. Citizens need to have the right to move regions with enough ease.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2021, 10:01:00 PM »

I'm in Venice Beach in California. People near the beach are in shape. That is good but many of our children are not physically active enough. They must be spending more time playing video games, on their phone, computer or on discord. There will be no financial excuse for children to take part in a organized physical activity because we are proposing a tax credit to parents who pay for their children under 18 years old to enroll in a sports or physical activity. The amount of spending giving right to the tax credit will be a maximum of $400 per child.

Acitivities can be a private business/ club or a city activity. There are a lot of choices. Children don't have to go to a gym to get pumped like Arnold Schwarzenegger. It can be  enrolling in swimming lessons, team sports like baseball or soccer, karate classes etc. The idea is to get more active and have fun doing it. On the campaign banner maybe you have noticed red and white bands. It reminds of the red band at the bottom of the California flag but it's also the Austrian flag, for Arnold. California... I'll be back!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »

Advertising in form of a letter to appear in major newspapers in Indiana.

I'm all IN for Indiana.

I am running as a Liberal candidate because I care for the well being of the state and its citizen. I will work tirelessly to improve the condition of the ordinary person. All my professional efforts will be for my role of elected official. I will not keep another part time job. I run because I want to serve the people. You don't have to question if I will swear in if I win. I'm not running just to win for a power trip and then abandon people. I'm devoted to represent citizens. I'm all in for Indiana.

I'm all in doesn't mean I don't take governing seriously. Governing is not a game and it's not luck. I am prepared to serve the people with the best interests of the state in mind. Some of the things I will work for are:

Increase literacy in schoolchildren and adults
Continue expansion of rural broadband network
Decontamination of lead in soil in East Chicago
Increase the use of renewable energy
Support our manufacturing sector
More investment for rual roads
Keep an attractive tax level for people and business
Welcome new people to the state
Help small business recover from covid impact
More affordable housing
Develop innovation and biotechnology in agriculture
Keep energy costs affordable

I hope to earn your vote and to work for you because I'm all IN for Indiana.

Signed by all the party candidates

Every candidate can use a banner with their name for personalized sign and leaflet:

It uses some of the colors of the state party banner. some elements are again used like the torch and star, but added is the slogan I'm all IN with a picture of playing cards.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2021, 05:13:45 PM »

In Columbia in South Carolina.

Hi. I'm the candidate for Governor of South Carolina for the Liberal Party. We are not represented in the legislature but we want this to change. The last campaign didn't turn out to be very good for the party and we are trying a new recipe. That's why I represent the party and not the national party Chair (he didn't seem very popular last time).

I unveil the state party banner:

The theme is sowing the seeds because the first goal is to get some of our candidates elected in the legislature. We need to plant the seed first before it grows. The main colors are earthy tones.

Spring is the time for gardening. It shows we are not afraid to work hard and get our hands dirty to get concrete and beautiful results. We will work for the common person with their needs in mind and with love and compassion.

Love you all. Peace out.

The campaign song is Sowing the seeds of love by Tears for Fears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZv1Mje1YUM

High time we made a stand (Time to eat all your words)
And shook up the views of the common man (Swallow your pride)
And the lovetrain rides from coast to coast (Open your eyes)
Every minute of every hour
"I love a sunflower " (Open your eyes)
And I believe in love power (Open your eyes)

An end to need
And the politics of greed
With love
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2021, 09:48:05 PM »

I'm in Madison in Wisconsin. I'm joined by a local friend who is into cycling. We both stand beside a bicycle and in cycling gear. My friend here and the many Wisconsin cycling enthusiasts would like more bike paths around the state and that is what the Liberal party will offer them: more bike paths to enjoy and in good condition. Not full of holes so the ride is smooth and safe. We'll make a state map. available on paper or on smart phone to show the different routes, the points of interests nearby and essential services like to eat, repair a bike or sleep. And the cycling loop around Lake Michigan that goes through Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana has probably not been done so I will promise it again if the Liberal party is elected. It will help and the chance for it to be completed greatly increased if the three states elect Liberal party state governments. A great project that will bring different states of the region closer.  Vote for the Liberal party: We're WI. (now I will hurry to get changed because Poirot in cycling gear might break some obscenity law)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2021, 10:48:04 PM »

I'm in Cambria in Wisconsin. To ease the financial burden of farmers and avoid bankruptcies we will support our agricultural producers. Farmers are a part of Wisconsin and we, in the Liberal Party are WI. So we will set a program for farmers to obtain loans at a lower interest rate. They should save 1% or 2% on their loans and that will give them more cash flow and be able to break even more easily. This will help keep the vitality of small towns and villages across the state. We care about all citizens whether they live in rural areas or big cities.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2021, 10:54:33 PM »

Speech in Santa Ana, California

Thank you for coming here today to this event today! You might have heard about the Liberal Party, especially this campaign, as you might have heard of former Congressman Poirot speak on the news. Afterwards, I'd like to introduce the next Governor of California, your State Senator Henry Scott and I thank Orange County Liberal chair Elizabeth Wendell, who is running for Senator Scott's seat and Howard Cobb, a Green city councilor, for running for this seat in California's Parliament for speaking before me.

Our candidates for Governor and downballot represent the areas of the state they live in. All liberal candidates are fighters for their community and will fight for their interests in Sacramento.

If you want the change that will benefit you and your community, vote Liberal in your local elections and I hope that we can be the election surprise, from having Henry Scott as the only elected Liberal state senator to having him as the Liberal Governor and with Liberal MPs and Liberal Senators representing their communities and their constituents.

Thank you for coming today and spending your time and listening to the Liberal message for California and I'd like to hand the microphone over to the next Governor of California, Henry Scott!

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2021, 08:59:52 PM »

I'm in Eagle Butte in South Dakota.

There is a good size population of Natives in South Dakota. Natives don't always have the same acces to school and health services than the rest of the population. A Liberal government will work to improve access to services so there is no difference between Natives and the rest of people. We will not do it in a top down way. We will work in collaboration with tribes and reserves and respect their autonomu and way of doing things. We will support better Native services in respect of cultural difference.

This is the state campaign banner:

It contains a dream catcher because we want Natives to achieve their dreams. And the campaign song is Dream a little dream of me by Doris Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbWWQPbeBDk

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2021, 10:35:09 PM »

The Liberal candidate for Governor in California, Henry Scott is in Monterey in California. He makes an announcement on the theme of recovering after covid, Up!.

Restaurant and bars were hardly hit during the pandemic. To help them recover, the annual fees they pay for alcohol license will be cut in half this year. It's a small gesture but anything can help this sector that was affected by sanitary restrictions. This sector employs many low wage employees who need their jobs.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2021, 10:56:35 PM »

I'm in Detroit in Michigan. We will give an incentive to businesses to hire former prisoners. An amount of $5,000 per employee who got out of jail in the last year will be offered. This will help to avoid recidivism because having an income and a more stable life helps to live a good life. It also helps the former criminal family. Having former prisoners employed decreases other social costs that society would face so it's a good investment for the state. To help prisoners transition to jobs we will provide education and professional training in prison that way the prioners will be better equiped to society out of jail.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2021, 09:32:36 PM »

In Sacramento in California. There is a newspaper called the Sacramento Bee. Talking about bees here should provide good coverage.

Bees are pollinators. By travelling they transport pollen and and it helps the reproduction of plants, flowers that can help produce fruits and vegetables. Bees have a role in the ecosystem. The first thing that can be done to help bees is to avoid use of pesticides that have chemical substances that kill bees. After that we can help develop that habitat for bees. We will make available funds for technical assistance and grants to preserve and expand bees habitat. Landowners, farms can become welcoming for bees and in urban areas hives can be put. This will help biodiversity.

I hope this announcement create some buzz like the sound of buzzing bees.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2021, 10:21:02 PM »

Speech in Sitka, Alaska

Hello Sitka!

I'd like you to meet the next Governor of Alaska, Jonathan Hall, a former Green and state representative, who was a fisherman and a marine. Under a Hall governorship, fishing in Sitka will be encouraged and there will be investment grants for small fishermen. Under a liberal government, we will protect Southwest Alaska forests, and we will develop Sitka, but we will protect the environment. The Alaskan Liberal Party is a party willing to work for all, and we are willing to compromise to get things done, while not straying away from our principles. Even though the party publicly supports choosing whoever you want should Representative Hall not reach the final round, Representative Hall endorsed the Governor for second preference. Thank you and I hope you will vote for Jonathan Hall for Governor for Alaska, Sitka!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2021, 10:51:14 PM »

I'm in Tulsa in Oklahoma. The pandemic has had a negative impact on the most vulnerable. They lost their jobs, they have not much savings. They are the young people, workers with no college degrees, families with children. This has showed the state government needs to help the more vulnerable and one way to do that is by making changes to the state income tax credit. First it needs to be increased because it has not changed in years. This has put Oklahoma's income tax credit near the lowest level of states with this credit. Secondly we will make this tax credit refundable, this means if a taxpayer has more tax credit than what is owed, the person still has a tax refund. We will put more money in the hands of people who need it the most.

This leads to the presentation of the campaign banner, showing we will put money in people's hand and the color is green for money.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2021, 06:05:26 PM »

I'm in san Juan in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico sits halfway between mainland Atlasia and South America. Our candidate for Governor wants to bring more economic growth to the island and more jobs. He will invite Atlasian business leaders to set up divisions dealing with Latin America in Puerto Rico. We offer a shorter distance to these markets and there is no shortage of people speaking Spanish. We can become a hub between Atlasia and South America.

We do not agree with laws extending the time required to move between regions. Puerto Rico in the South has many people that have links with Lincoln, like in New York. For people who like to move back between the two places in can result in difficult situations like not being able to move back with family. Having less freedom of moving is not good.

This is the camapaign banner for Puerto Rico:

And the official camapign song is Rico Suave by Gerardo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNBmj65Kdg
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2021, 10:14:42 PM »

I'm in Lansing in Michigan. This is the Liberal Party's banner for the state elections.

As you can see with the banner, education will be a priority. We will increase funding for education. Our plan is not done in one year. It will take several years. We want to invest in school buildings so they are safe and nice enough that students are happy to be there. We will give a good salary to teachers to attract qualified people to the profession and make it a good career. We will hire more specialists to work with children who have special needs because everyone has potential and no one will be left behind. We want to lower drop out rates because getting a diploma helps in having a better life for work. And investing in education is a good investment for the state's future. If people drop out life can be more difficult, less opportunities are possible and it can lead to social problems. The economy of tomorrow is based on knowledge so for the future education is key. Vote for the Liberal party. It's an educated choice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies