How can Obama's approval rating be above 30% right now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:18:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How can Obama's approval rating be above 30% right now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can Obama's approval rating be above 30% right now?  (Read 2311 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: February 10, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »

People want to give him a chance, Naso.  People always want to give new Presidents a chance.

Grow up and learn.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:32:39 AM »

It's known by Americans across the entire political spectrum how absurdly massive this bill is...and yet Obama's popularity is ranging between 60-70%. How the hell is that happening? Can you imagine if Americans were questioning a bill like this coming from George Bush? How low would his approval be? 5%?

The public's approval does depend on whether you're spending $800 billion on stuff that will actually help some Americans...and create jobs......or whether you're spending it on useless military stuff. In Dubya's case, it'd be the latter....so naturally, his approval rating wouldn't profit from it.

And of course what Spade said.

Actually, the spending is just as useless (if not worse).  And, in general, the American people know it (or at least are inclined to sense it, which is the same in my book).

But they're still going to support for the reason above.

My conversations with various NYC friends about the plan (i.e. people who voted for Obama) who have half a brain (as opposed to the kids who have no brains) made this observation even more, well, obvious.

Anyway, Spade knows what is coming, and says - be patient.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »

Anyway, Spade knows what is coming, and says - be patient.

Where is my bedtime story Angry

hehe Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies