SENATE: 59th Senate President Pro-Tempore (NC Yankee Elected) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:29:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE: 59th Senate President Pro-Tempore (NC Yankee Elected) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE: 59th Senate President Pro-Tempore (NC Yankee Elected)  (Read 1029 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 05, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »

Would you deal wtih the overrides off the slots, like we have the redrafts then?

The OSPR doesn't really say anthing with regards to the Redrafts. Unlike with the expulsion text in the Constitution though, the constitution includes the process of how to do redrafts. PReviously, beforewe added the Article on Explusions to the OSPR there was no effective way to proceed with it since the Constitution just says 2/3rds vote.

As for the discrepancy you refer I never noticed such really since the Constitution explicitly states the President shall have x in y conditions. My predecessors never mentioned it, nor did BK and he was all about finding such loopholes (so he could abuse them of course. Wink).

In terms of the FP slot, I could go for allowing it to be used for none such stuff if there are no Foreign policy or military related stuff in the queue, but I would prefer to keep at least one, especially now that we have two executive slots and two PPT slots.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:08:42 PM »

I thank Senators Tmth and Spiral for their continued faith in me. After careful consideration, and I can assure you these decisions are never easy, I will accept the nominations by the honorable Senators and thus declare for the position of President Pro-Tempore of Senate.

I plan to continue to work with the Senators to consolidate and improve the OSPR as we have been doing in the past Senate, as well as to continue the higher pace of productivity that the Senate has been enjoying since the October Elections. My goal will also be to improve the quality of the interaction and coordination between the Vice President as well as to push the administration to keep their slots full as much as possible and avoid some of the missed opportunities that have occured in those slots over the past Senate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »

Would you deal wtih the overrides off the slots, like we have the redrafts then?

The OSPR doesn't really say anthing with regards to the Redrafts. Unlike with the expulsion text in the Constitution though, the constitution includes the process of how to do redrafts. PReviously, beforewe added the Article on Explusions to the OSPR there was no effective way to proceed with it since the Constitution just says 2/3rds vote.

As for the discrepancy you refer I never noticed such really since the Constitution explicitly states the President shall have x in y conditions. My predecessors never mentioned it, nor did BK and he was all about finding such loopholes (so he could abuse them of course. Wink).

In terms of the FP slot, I could go for allowing it to be used for none such stuff if there are no Foreign policy or military related stuff in the queue, but I would prefer to keep at least one, especially now that we have two executive slots and two PPT slots.

Yeah, I'd like to treat overrides like we treat redrafts currently, but I'd also be open to making an explicit process for redrafts in the OSPR, since it's probably worth delineating the whole process in our personal rulebook.

I'd be fine with leaving one FP slot guaranteed.

Certainly but we must be mindful of not adding too much more length to the OSPR, though and instead work to continue condensing it overall.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:12:02 PM »

President Pro-Tempore Official Ballot:

[ 1 ] NC Yankee (Fed-NC)
[ 2 ] Tyrion (Lab-CA)
[] Write-in:_________________
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »

I appreciate the kind gesture from the honorable representative of the great people of the Pacific. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies