Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:55:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fritz/Kalwejt for Atlasia  (Read 21188 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 03, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

Fellow Atlasians,

It is with great sadness that we have learned that our beloved President, Purple State, will not seek re-election. 

Purple State is by far one of Atlasia's greatest and most successful Presidents.  The leadership he has shown in the Constitutional Convention, game reform, and wiki management is beyond comparison.

Today, I announce that I will seek the office of President of Atlasia.  It is my hope, as President, to continue and complete the good works initiated by Purple State and Morakai Blue. 

My good friend Kalwejt has agreed to join this ticket with me.  Together, we will take Atlasia to new heights, and usher in a brave new world!!!

FRITZ/KALWEJT FOR ATLASIA!!!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »

Constitutional Convention
The Atlasian Constitutional Convention, while a novel idea with good intentions, once again failed to achieve its designated mission. It was poorly planned, poorly communicated, and poorly run. AndrewCT will assume the role of presiding officer over the ConCon and hold a vote. If the delegates vote to suspend, the administration will implement their new reforms. First, a new vote will be held. If the voters request another ConCon, AndrewCT/Duke believe the citizens of Atlasia should decide when and how the constitutional convention should be run, not a select group of politicians. In the event of another constitutional convention, the ticket supports the relocation of the convention to the Atlasia Fantasy Election forum as opposed to being tucked away in an obscure board no one ever checks. It must be an open process to everyone, and it demands everyone be involved to truly make the process worthwhile.

I'm sorry but this entire paragraph is patently absurd. The stated intentions of the Convention have been and continue to be to consolidate the amendments and streamline the Constitution of Atlasia to make it easier to read. That is exactly what the Convention has been working on for the past few months.

In addition, the entire process has bun run in a transparent and inclusive manner. The entire work of the Convention is available on the Wiki, ulr=https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Constitutional_Convention_Completed_Documents]here[/url]. I have provided consistent updates in the People's White House thread, here. Your assertions are not only wrong, but seem to be a malicious attempt to deceive the people who overwhelmingly called for this Convention.

I know it may seem politically expedient to take shots at my administration, but don't let that lead you to stand against Atlasia at the same time.

As stated in my opening post- it will be the goal of the Fritz/Kalwejt administration to CONTINUE and COMPLETE the good work begn by PS/MB.  If you would have voted for Purple State's re-election were he running, I urge you to vote Fritz/Kalwejt!!!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »

Greetings Fellow Atlasians!

The decision to run in this election was made rather hastily.  Hence, I have not had an opportunity to draft a detailed platform, as my opponents have done.

We run not in a quest for power, but out of a sense of duty.  Someone must pick up the ball from Purple State.  We believe that Kalwejt and myself are better choices than Andrew and Duke.

My biggest concern with their platform is the discussion of the Constitutional Convention.  We do not believe the Convention has been a failure.  We intend to see it through, and allow it to complete its task.

As Registrar General, I am infinitely familiar with our population and participation numbers.  It is my dream to see these numbers vastly increased- doubled, or even tripled.  A larger voting pool serves to make the game more interesting and exciting.  This could be accomplished by actively promoting Atlasia in such mediums as Facebook or Twitter.  The obvious down-side of this is the recruitment of undesireables.  But I feel that the potential advantages outweigh the potential disadvantages.

Andrew, of course, would have no part of such a program.  Andrew doesn't like people.  Here is what Andrew said on Facebook:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As a Midwesterner I have not paid much attention to Andrew's performance as Governor of the Northeast.  But I have heard it said that he was woefully inactive.

I actually agree with my opponents on a few things.  Energy, for example.  I know that Senator Duke is a strong advocate for clean energy, and I commend him on the work he has done regarding this issue.  Reading their platform, it seems clear that they are in the center-right.  We are in the center-left.

My opponent's platform makes no mention of the biggest problem facing Atlasia today: JOBS.  Employment needs to be our government's biggest priority right now.  We must not rest until unemployment levels are acceptable.

As I mentioned, I have not had a chance to write any platforms.  But I would like to borrow some platform material from fellow JCP member Barnes, who is running for Senate.  I am sure he won't mind:

Barnes for Senate
Platform

Part Two: Ensuring stable and sustainable job creation

The one, undeniable issue to millions of Atlasians is whether or not they will have a job.

Over twelve percent of Atlasians are out of work, and hundreds of thousands more are wrought with fear every night that they might loose theirs, too.

While important measures have been taken to stem the worse parts of this recession, more action must be taken.  We must begin a serious, organized, and cooperative legislative campaign to create jobs in this country.

First, we must pass a new series of tax breaks for small businesses hiring workers.

Secondly, we must make a concerted campaign to advertise new job opportunities to those who are looking for work. People need to be able to know where to find jobs, and they need to be able to do efficiently, and quickly.

Thirdly, we can create thousands, if not millions, of new jobs in Atlasia by investing new fields like alternative energy, like I mentioned in part one of my platform.

Fourthly, while I strongly support unemployment benefits, we need to make sure that Atlasians are actually looking for work and are using every opportunity available to them to find a job. 

In closing, we must devote ourselves to helping all Atlasians to find a job.  We must also restore fiscal sanity to the government by recognizing that simply throwing money at the problem won't work.  Instead, a structured and well thought out series of legislation will be the light that starts the fire of job creation in this country.

In closing, I look forward to a spirited and fun campaign over the next couple of weeks.  Unfortunately due to previously made real life commitments, I will be unavailable on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday this week.  I would like to debate beginning Sunday.  Hopefully Kalwejt can fill the void when I am away.  Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »

Fritz, how do you respond to possible news that your Vice Presidential Candidate has been taken ill and may need to drop out of the race?

Umm, he is?  When and where did he say this?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 06:20:36 AM »

Fritz will be away until Sunday.  If you have any questions before then, ask Kalwejt.  Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

It seems to me that the largest problem facing Atlasia right now is stagnation.  The game is simply not that interesting any more.  If I may quote the President:

Of course, this is all because those issues have all been "solved" in Atlasia at the present moment. The game's status quo is a social democracy, most of us accept the role of strong regions and we have focused almost exclusively on non-controversial issues or game reform for a while. In the place of real issues, the game has become a test of personalities.

President Purple State has put some admirable effort into game reform, but the results have not reformed the game.  The new constitution, soon to be voted upon, is a simpler, more manageable document to work with, and that was sorely needed.  But it does nothing to inject enthusiasm or excitement into the game.

That is why, as President, NEW MEMBER RECRUITMENT will be the primary goal of my administration.  We have become such a tight-knit community where we all know each other, we know who our friends are and who they aren't, and as Purple State said, our elections have become a test of personalities.  We need new people to breathe new life into the game.  But more importantly, we need greater numbers of voters to make our elections more exciting and fun, both at the federal and regional levels.  I am pleased to see that four new people have registered over the weekend.

When I am elected, I will appoint a Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment, whose task will be to develop, coordinate, and implement strategies for increasing our numbers of registered voters.  All major parties will be represented on the Task Force.

I also believe the Game Moderator needs to play a larger role in creating excitement in the game.  As President, I will work with the GM to accomplish this.

My strengths lie in being an Administrator- I get the job done.  I think this is evident from my work as Registrar General.  My strengths do not lie in writing bills, or platforms.  This is the main reason I retired from the Senate.  Andrew and Duke's platform is well written, I actually agree with portions of it, and I am not going to attempt writing one of my own.  I think that my stance on the issues of the day is pretty clear, and I am happy to answer any specific questions.  In real life I am a strong Obama supporter, and I think that his work on health care was a major achievement.  As was my work on health care in the Atlasian Senate.

Vote for Fritz- he gets the job done.

Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »

Your plan is certainly interesting...

The thing is, I think anytime there's a new member on the site, the parties closest to that person politically are recruiting them. And all of the older members who aren't part of Atlasia know very well about it, but chose not to. Would you be suggesting that we recruit members from other fantasy government boards?

Perhaps...also Facebook, Twitter, etc.  It will be the Task Force who will decide the best ways to accomplish these goals.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »

Would you consider expanding, drastically, the role of the Game Master to the point of having multiple Game Masters?

Hmmm, multiple Game Masters?  Interesting idea.  Did you mean to say "Game Moderators"?

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on the subject, Teddy...but really, I think we need a larger population before the game can support multiple GM's.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

Candidate Fritz would be available for an interview with a newspaper publication that is not directly connected to one of the campaigns.  PM me if interested in doing the interview.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:20 AM »

Hey Teddy- I noticed that this part of the new Constitution is right now under discussion in the Convention.  Maybe you have some ideas for amending this?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »

Reaganfan has finally shown his face, promoting his "conservative agenda".

We are proud to carry the banner of liberalism.  We believe that health care is a right that all are entitled to.  We believe that global warming is a genuine man-made threat, that needs to be addressed.  We believe in the equality of all peoples, regardless of race, gender, handicaps, or sexual orientation.  We believe the best way to create jobs is through investment in infrastructure, not through cutting taxes.

So we are the liberals, and we are proud of it.

As I've talked about on other boards, I am going through some tough times personally.  But, I will live through my personal crisis, and I will not let it affect my commitments to Atlasia.

Besides being a liberal, there are two campaign promises I have made that I have made that I will keep if elected.  First, I will establish a Presidential Task Force on new member recruitment.  All major parties will be represented.  Second, I will work to create an index on the wiki for all of our laws, alphabetical by subject.

FRITZ/KALWEJT FOR ATLASIA!!!  Cheesy
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 04:40:24 AM »

Fellow Atlasians,

In less than 24 hours, the polls will be opened for what I hope will be the greatest election in our nation's history.  While I urge you to vote Fritz/Kalwejt, I more importantly urge all Atlasians to VOTE in this election, regardless of which ticket you support.  This is first and foremost a game about elections.  The game needs your participation- the more active voters we have, the more exciting and fun the election will be.  I look forward to an action-packed election weekend.

I began this campaign with a promise to CONTINUE and COMPLETE the good work began by the Purple State administration on game reform.  I have made two campaign promises toward that end.  One, I will appoint a Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment.  Two, I will work to have an alphabetical index of our laws created on the wiki.  My opponents have offered nothing concerning game improvement or enhancement.  If you would have voted for Purple State if he were running, the choice is clear: vote for Fritz.

My opponent Andrew has a long history of lax activity in elected office.  (We understand that his recent lapses of activity have been explained, however, and we offer our condolences to him and his family.)  My opponent Reaganfan, while showing a good level of activity as a candidate, is just returned to Atlasia after a year-long absence.  Respectfully, he needs to be elected to a lower office before running  for the highest post in the land.  If you want a President who has proven his dedication to Atlasia, again the choice is clear: vote for Fritz.

I love this game, and I am the best candidate for the game.  But whether I win or lose, I am happy to have played the game. 

VOTE FOR FRITZ/KALWEJT!!!  Cheesy

Thank you, and Dave bless Atlasia!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »

I like it!!!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 11:49:22 PM »

Well folks, WE DID IT!!! Cheesy

In an election widely believed to be a lost cause, we have shocked the world!  Nobody believed we could win this election when we began this campaign, including me and Kalwejt.  But with perseverance, and dedication to our high ideals, we pulled it off.  My thanks to Andrew, Duke, Reaganfan, and Dead0man for their spirited campaigns.

Between now and my taking office, I will be focused on the filling of appointments.  If you are interested in filling a cabinet position, please PM me.  Of particular concern to me is the replacement of myself as Registrar General.  Also, I made a promise to create a Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment.  At the very least, I would like a representative from each major party on the Task Force, as well as independents or minor party members if they are interested.

Thank you, and Dave Bless Atlasia!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »

Fellow Atlasians,

I received many applications for various cabinet positions, and I have made some decisions.  The Fritz Cabinet will consist of the following:

Attorney General: Morakai Blue
Secretary of External Affairs: Hashemite
Secretary of Internal Affairs: Dr. Cynic
Secretary of Federal Elections: Teddy
Registrar General: Polnut
Game Moderator: Badger

I look forward to working with this fine group of gentlemen.

I have not received any interest in the Presidential Task Force on New Member Recruitment.  I realize this is not the most glamorous job, but I do think it will be to each party's advantage to be represented on the Task Force (you all want to recruit for your own party, right?)

I did not receive a lot of feedback from the public during the campaign regarding this proposal.  I would like to open this topic for discussion: is this a good idea?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2010, 04:05:03 PM by President-elect Fritz »

Guys, not a single member of the POP or of the RPP applied for a cabinet position with me, except for Teddy who has been retained.  So all of this whining about the lack of bi-partisanship is a little moot.

The decision of who to appoint as SOEA was a difficult one.  Both Ben and Hashemite have prior experience in the position, and both have done good work during their tenure.  In the end, I had to pick one of them, and I felt that Hashemite presented to me a more compelling argument for his appointment.

Regarding Afleitch, he did not indicate to me that he even wanted to be re-appointed.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 05:52:03 PM »

We interrupt this silly argument to bring you an important announcement:

Appointed to fill the position of Registrar General of the Census Bureau is one of Atlasia's great leaders from the RPP:  tmthforu!!!

(applause)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »

Yes, Polnut chose the Assembly seat, and yes, tmth has (somewhat reluctantly) agreed to resign as Governor to take the post.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »

Regarding the Regions board?  Yes. 
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »

One cabinet post I guess I forgot to mention: Gustaf will stay on as Moderator General.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 06:44:46 AM »

Again, I find myself in need of a Registrar General.  Let me know if interested.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »

Third time's a charm...

Former Senator Hans-im-Gluck has stepped forward to be appointed Registrar General.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies