UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:50:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 293857 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: September 20, 2020, 06:56:36 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54228079

Least surprising news of the year.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 11:46:25 AM »

Labour's going to have a difficult day or two; the ECHR report is out tomorrow.

Just read it. It's such a blatant wash that I was almost tempted to call it comical although the matter is serious even if it's mostly a political fabrication.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 11:20:12 AM »

Minimum wage increase from April, eh? My country's so-called "liberal" governing party can't even accomplish that.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 12:28:41 AM »

I really don't think that some British Tory activists would want a nonwhite PM yet..........

Will UKIP react and all the other far-far-right in negative terms?

Can Sunak relate to the British commoner like Johnson can?

He seems too elite, too blue blood.

Not sure his race will be a huge factor but maybe.  More he is a Thatcherite economically which could help shore up support in posh areas in south, but may hurt him in the Northern red wall seats.  I've heard he wants to get rid of the additional rate for taxes and considering every Brit is having a 1.25% tax hike next year, not sure giving a tax break to those making over 150,000 pounds would go over well even if there are good reasons for it.  On other hand he has largely stayed out of trouble and being younger as well as from North himself could work in his favour.

Also, it would be ironic if the Tories----a conservative, rich, male-centered party sees 3 female leaders since 1975 (Thatcher, May, and Truss/Patel) while the progressive party, the Labour Party has had man after man after man. Working class men globally lean conservative, voting against their "interests".......

Since women globally are more breadwinners than ever before, shouldn't the Labor Party turn to a female leader for the first time if Starmer implodes? Since conservative parties are the "daddy" parties and progressive parties are the "mommy" party?

You have outdone yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies