Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:36:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149850 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 25, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »

Grandma died five minutes ago. I want to tear my teeth out.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sanchez.
Sad
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »

Finally got my absentee ballot, will be filling it out when I get home after finishing my homework.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:05:51 PM »

This.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 09:19:08 PM »

I realized that when I sleep all day (as I did today), I feel more depressed than if I just lied in bed and did nothing all day.

Yeah, I've done that a bit too much as of late. Did that for a few months after graduation while searching in vain for a job....trippy dreams.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:32:44 PM »

Got called for jury duty for the first time, LOL.

Eh, been called like ten times and never had to go.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »

Looks like I got a date. Now to figure out a way to flub it.

Why?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

Because that’s my MO given the last two.

Ghosted anyway at this point, do doesn’t matter.

I s'pose it is better to ghost than be ghosted.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 04:04:33 PM »

Currently sitting at the Amtrak Station in Fort Worth. Good to be out of town. Sadly, I couldn't find a nearby Braum's to kick-off the celebration.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »

found out today that earlier this week, a cousin's 15-yr old daughter died. seems to have been a suicide.    her family did not know she was struggling.

only knew her from fb and when her aunt and uncle spoke about her, but in any case I'm saddened and a bit shook and really feeling bad for them and her family.

My condolences.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »

So yesterday I went out for dessert and got two pies, come home, see my mom was already making a pie to which I wasn't aware, and we were having people over, whom I told previously we had dessert covered, and they brought more pie. I now have 4 pies.

Here stands before you a woman who never thought she'd find herself saying this, but for once in my life, I have too much pie.

I’m fittingly enough in a similar boat. Tongue

Oh pish-posh, if it's pumpkin, you got breakfast for a week or two!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »

Just finished up my last project for the semester and....

I don't have a good feeling about it. I don't have a good feeling about any of the last projects I had to do.

It would be like that wouldn't it? Get straight A's with almost no effort only to get swamped with chuggers worth eleventy-billion percent of the grade. ...It's like 2016 [or for you GOP peeps...2012 I guess since Romney lead that one for awhile] all over.

The good news is, in the one case, the professor is a very lenient grader and she liked my presentation...and in the other case, if I did the math right, I can slide through with only 50% worth of the grade.

The bad news, I had a lot formatting troubles and she'd have to be really lenient for me to get through...and with the other one, the professor is not the nicest grader so it's not out of possibility that I really f*(k it up...also I could've done the math wrong.

And I really have no idea what the heck happens if one of them pulls through while the other flounders.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »

Perhaps I'll leave my room and go see what all this funeral hub-bub is about over at that library...I dunno.

I'm still quite bummed that the Christmas Event I volunteered for got axed because of rain.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 04:17:18 PM »

~31 hours to submit a takehome final. Also have to edit/finish two papers, prepare for my in-class final on Tuesday, and do some work for my internship. And my first doctoral applications are due the 15th and I still lack my third letter of rec. The schools I really want to attend have the earliest due dates, so it’s a full court press even after finals are done.

Well at least dat bass player?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 01:26:06 AM »

My cat died on Saturday. Buried her today.  Knew her for 13 years, ever since she was a few months old & hanging around when I moved into my own place and I was able to take her in. She'd been dealing with chronic illness for the past couple years that was often a struggle to manage, so it wasn't completely unexpected something like this would happen at some point.  But it's so surreal, like I'm doubting that it really finally happened. I love her so much.   All my habits suddenly feel out of place and I need to make a change to be sane but I'm not sure what or where or how.

I'm so sorry for your loss, shua Sad
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 11:12:21 PM »

Got one of my teeth pulled.  Glad it's gone, but it feels weird still to have 31 teeth after a decent quarter century with all of them.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 01:24:49 PM »

...Today marks the first year I'm closer to 40 than 10, and I've done almost nothing with my life....
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 01:41:52 AM »

So, I did pretty much nothing besides a Sunday drive. Opened up a card from Granny Smith, it was nice.

But no matter, yesterday was packed, and tomorrow's packed anyway.

...Perhaps I'll do more next year, but eh, it's all been a bummer since I turned 23 three years ago anyway.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »

This is my 1,000th post on this site.

What the hell am I doing with my life?

Something interesting clearly.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »

Also, two days ago, the entity that has taken up the being once known as mother [actual mother probably died about a year or two ago, and it's probably five tops before the physical body catches up] decided to take a walk at night. It somehow managed to go four miles in the rain for what should've been a block [lucky that the neighborhood is relatively safe and secluded].

Only reason I had any idea of what was going on was because I happened to see a bunch of cops with searchlights patrolling around the area...and I happened to be paranoid enough to think it was an elaborate speed trap.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 02:30:02 AM »

SFO-EWR red-eye. 777 Gulag completely full. Almost half the flight is 1K or GS lol. Welcome to Sunday night.

Not bad.

Red-eyes are the best way to switch sides of the country quickly. But then, I much prefer traveling anywhere at night.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 01:55:42 PM »

Given that PM score you got there, seems that closet still has some armor.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 01:59:53 PM »

Passport renewal is a b*&ch.

But the alternative was to go the DMV and get one of those REAL-ID ones, and given that I literally got my renewed license just a week or two before, I'm just not so inclined.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 07:20:58 PM »

Some of u may have noticed I was gone a while yeah I was on vacation in Los Angeles it totally kicked ass brah I got back to TN earlier today and like man. It was cool.

You went to Cali, but not even the good parts?

Sad!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »

Long story short, I don’t have to go the Bahamas, but I am at the airport dropping my sister off with my dad (he is not going), and both of them went inside and ditched me with the car in the dropoff zone, and I have been sitting here for over half an hour in a zone you are not supposed to park in. I also don’t even have a license, so I’m just sitting here with the car turned off. Hopefully he comes back soon.

UGH I kinda hope the car just gets towed away to teach him a lesson.

Dude, this is getting so annoying, if some airport personnel asks me to move, I’m just going to tell me my dad left me with the car can you take it away?

What an @$$hole move, if he knew he would be gone for so long, park the car in a proper place.

He told me to sit in the driver seat so the car looks occupied, and people have just been honking at me every 5 minutes.

Been over an hour now.

Finally he came back.

Yeah, that's not a good move. You could've been in trouble too.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 05:20:30 PM »

Man this is like the dozenth time I’ve been to Austin, and it sucks more every time, Dallas is way better than this dump.

Wtf, the hotel room tv is not showing the cnn feed even though they have the channel, this is ridiculous, no one denies my family and I Erin Burnett’s show followed by AC360, big problem, the maintenance staff will be addressing this big problem, my dad called the hotel maintenance people, they will be coming soon.

I find that hard to believe. I mean, besides Love Field. Oh wait, that one they keep hidden away and hard to find.

But then, I'll probably drive through Austin on my way back to College Station in a few weeks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies