The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:32:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 168040 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: August 11, 2020, 08:13:59 PM »

Buttigieg strikes me a plausible candidate for Harris' running mate in four years, contingent on him becoming UN Ambassador. As much as I like the guy, its hard to see a path forward for him barring a Biden appointment or pulling a Romney and running in another state.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »

Potentially relevant re: Warren's future presidential intentions:

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/1294054174859186177

Unclear if this was just spin to help her land the job, or alternatively if this was specific to a scenario in which Biden wins this year.  But if serious, it sounds like, even if Trump wins this time and there's an open Dem. contest again in 2024, Warren might not run.

Perhaps she's acknowledging where she is in her political career? Makes sense: one of the things I've always admired the most about her is how she always seems to know who she is & where she can be the most helpful; she's also so completely honest.

As somebody who planned on being a supporter of hers in her next run, though, I'm saddened but nevertheless accept it. Cry I hope she's more able to enjoy Bailey & her family life.

That would be my guess. I hate to say because I'm a fan of her as well, but she did recently turn 71 and will be 75 on Inauguration Day 2025.  That fact alone may be playing into her thinking regarding a second run. Especially if Biden pulls off two terms contrary to conventional wisdom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies