are you comfortable using a fast food drive thru.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 05:57:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  are you comfortable using a fast food drive thru.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: are you comfortable using a fast food drive thru.  (Read 1145 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »

I don't ever do the drive through at places like Burger King.  Not that we go to places like Burger King often, but when we do, I order it inside and eat it inside.

I think they prefer not to go inside because of the risk of a maniac coming and shooting everyone in there, angus.  After all it is America.

Ah, but they have tubes that you can climb in, and a bounce house, and a room full of little plastic balls to bury yourself in.  Also, when we do eat at places like burger king, it's because we are on the road and we're hungry.  Typically we also need to pee so going inside makes sense.

I voted in the poll that I have nothing against it, which is true, but I'm not really a drive-through sort of guy.  Even at banks if there's a choice between a proper cloistered ATM and a drive-through ATM, I'll park my car or my bicycle and get out and walk inside the one where I can stand up and relax.  Most of the branches of my bank have regular wall ATM, but there is one that only has a drive-through.  I usually avoid that one. 

I have been known to walk through the drive-through window at restaurants when I was younger.  When I first started posting here I lived in an apartment where there was a Burger King a few blocks away that closed at 11PM but the drive-through was open very late.  Often if I was with other people at the bar near my place, we would walk to the little speaker and make our orders, then walk to the window to get the food.  But I lived so close that I didn't mind doing the carry-out thing during those times since it would still be warm by the time we got back to my place.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »

I've never heard of this, actually.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:39 AM »

That's a good thing.  It means that you live a healthier lifestyle than the rest of us.  People with the knowledge that the drive through is open much later than the dining room typically don't come by that knowledge vicariously.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 09:01:21 AM »

That's a good thing.  It means that you live a healthier lifestyle than the rest of us.  People with the knowledge that the drive through is open much later than the dining room typically don't come by that knowledge vicariously.

Agreed.  There are two kinds who go to fast food places late, drunks who walk up or drive up to the window, like our good friend angus, and criminals.  To encourage the former and discourage the latter, they close the inside seating earlier.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 09:02:26 AM »

Usually, yes, I'm fine with it, though for the most part, I prefer to eat at the restaurant for the atmosphere. Yes, its fast food, but if I took the time to drive out there, I also want to eat there.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 04:19:50 PM »

Agreed.  There are two kinds who go to fast food places late, drunks who walk up or drive up to the window, like our good friend angus, and criminals.  To encourage the former and discourage the latter, they close the inside seating earlier.
When I used to live in New Orleans many fast food places had all the workers behind bullet proof glass. They have a rotating window thing so they could give you your food at minimal risk.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 04:25:02 PM »

I love Popeyes! I wish I could go there for dinner.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »

I've never intentionally had fast food, and don't plan on consuming it in the future.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 05:43:59 PM »

Uh, it's OK, although I get tired of listening to the voices drone on through those lousy speakers.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »

So do I.  Unfortunately, no one else does so we never go there.  Once in a while we stop at a rest area with a Popeyes, a Thai Gardens, and a McDonalds next to each other.  Everybody's happy.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 11:42:05 PM »

Exactly.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »

I think they prefer not to go inside because of the risk of a maniac coming and shooting everyone in there, angus.  After all it is America.

Ah, but they have tubes that you can climb in, and a bounce house, and a room full of little plastic balls to bury yourself in.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot - you are a breeder!   We have little if any common ground on anything.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 07:57:08 AM »

Sever yr leg please.  It's the greatest day."

YES, thank you for making this reference, soooo much nostalgia

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 10:41:12 PM »

Only at Chick-fil-A, because they're conscientious and always remember napkins and a straw and ask if you want ketchup.

The only other fast food restaurant I really ever go to is McDonald's and that's usually for coffee, which I go inside to get so that I can put my own creamer in. (I refuse to use the Starbucks drive-thru for the same reason).

The downside is that unless there's an absurdly long drive-thru line, you always have to wait longer for your order if you do counter service.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 02:43:48 AM »

Of course.

I use the Mackey-drive thru about once every month, mostly when they send out coupons to get their stuff cheaper. I usually eat chicken burgers.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies