Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:58:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 236800 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: December 03, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »

Sad
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »

Time to massively help them against tyranny!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »

Did we slap sanctions on Bahrain when they murdered protesters? Oh wait no, they're our ally so it's okay.
Of course.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »

Kalwejt, how is Poland reacting?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:30:19 PM »

The new Head of the Ukrainian Navy has sworn an oath of allegiance to Crimea.
What a moron and a corrupt bastard...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:56 AM »

Maybe we should give the Veto power to an another country from the ex soviet Union?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:27 AM »

Russia is apparently talking about building a bridge across the Kerch Strait (the strait at the eastern end of Crimea, at the entrance to the Sea of Azov); this would give a connection from Crimea to Russia without going through the rest of Ukraine.
They have been talking about it for ages. Of course that would make sense. One was built there during WW2 but it got broken by ice. Also the geological conditions seem to be very complicated to build a solid bridge.

Maybe we should give the Veto power to an another country from the ex soviet Union?
Who are "we" and how do you propose "we" should do that exactly ?

-Oh hey Vladou, mind if we strip you of your veto in the UNSC ?
-Not at all, West, go ahead, see if I care !
-Oh and you wouldn't be a permanent member either...
-No worries, mate. Who are you getting in ?
-Well, we thought about Estonia. Nothing sure yet.
-Good, good.
-See ya !

Taiwan was ousted without any problem, so why not Russia?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 01:34:47 PM »

Who are "we" and how do you propose "we" should do that exactly ?

-Oh hey Vladou, mind if we strip you of your veto in the UNSC ?
-Not at all, West, go ahead, see if I care !
-Oh and you wouldn't be a permanent member either...
-No worries, mate. Who are you getting in ?
-Well, we thought about Estonia. Nothing sure yet.
-Good, good.
-See ya !

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Russia is considered a successor-state of the Soviet Union as far as international relations are concerned.

Taiwan precedent doesn't really apply. There were two governments (Taipei and Beijing) claiming to be China's sole representation. You can't seriously spin Georgia or Lithuania or Estonia or Kazakhstan as the USSR successor. These countries did secede, Russia did not. Beside, Baltic states does not recognize their time as the Soviet Republic as legitimate.

I know that's unlikely, but what wouldn't it be simply a threat made by the USA?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »

And what's up for Timochenko? I guess she will run for president?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »

2010 Ukraine presidential election: (Without Crimea)
Tymochenko: 50.2%
Ianoukovitch: 49.8%

Timochenko would have won. I tend to believe that Russians are "bluffing". If they annex Crimea, they will massively lose their influence in the rest of Ukraine. And I don't think it's what they want. Remember Stalin who wanted the Federal Republic of Germany and East Germany to merge and to be a "neutral" zone, a kind of "nomansland' between the two superpowers (and Adenauer refused this plan). Russia has always wanted to have a "buffer strip". And if they annex Crimea right now, Ukraine won't be a buffer strip anymore. That's why I believe they are bluffing.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »

Timochenko would have won. I tend to believe that Russians are "bluffing". If they annex Crimea, they will massively lose their influence in the rest of Ukraine. And I don't think it's what they want. Remember Stalin who wanted the Federal Republic of Germany and East Germany to merge and to be a "neutral" zone, a kind of "nomansland' between the two superpowers (and Adenauer refused this plan). Russia has always wanted to have a "buffer strip". And if they annex Crimea right now, Ukraine won't be a buffer strip anymore. That's why I believe they are bluffing.

I think the Russians want Crimea more than they want (or need) a buffer state. Finland, Estonia, and Latvia are NATO and EU states and they border Russia, with no buffer states between them.
Finlnd isn't a member of NATO. But you're right for Estonio and Latvia.
But if they annex Crimea, they will definitely lose their influence in  Ukraine!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 04:46:18 PM »

I think the Russians want Crimea more than they want (or need) a buffer state. Finland, Estonia, and Latvia are NATO and EU states and they border Russia, with no buffer states between them.
Finlnd isn't a member of NATO. But you're right for Estonio and Latvia.
But if they annex Crimea, they will definitely lose their influence in  Ukraine!

Not all Ukraine.
Maybe not all Ukraine, but the Party of Region would probably struggle.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 07:29:00 AM »

An interesting french article about Ukraine.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »

Lol Yakunovitch. At least, if he dies, the temporary government in Ukraine couldn't be contested Tongue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:57:09 AM »

Well, after annexing some countries, maybe Russia will go bankruptcy Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »

Please, Peter, Afleich, would it be possible to give death points to Snowstalker when he's being a pro Russian sage, thanks. Maybe he will finally be muted.

I will now report every Snowstalker's posts when he will be disgusting with the Ukrainians.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »

Please, Peter, Afleich, would it be possible to give death points to Snowstalker when he's being a pro Russian sage, thanks. Maybe he will finally be muted.

I will now report every Snowstalker's posts when he will be disgusting with the Ukrainians.

Why do so many people on this forums have this perception that disagreeing with them is somehow or should be an infractable/banable offense? I mean it's bad enough how many people practically have the entire forum on ignore spare a few people who agree with them on everything.
I have never reported a post, but I will do right now. Simply because I believe some disgusting posts towards Ukrainians, people who suffer from this folk of alcoholic homophobes, shouldn't be the victimes of the sage-master Putin lover.

Leave him alone. He has, actually, been moderately reasonable here - a lot better than on Venezuela, say. There has not been anything outright offensive that I noticed - and I have been the main "banderovets" here.

He will be back, you can be sure. It's a question of time.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies