Ukraine Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:56:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ukraine Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ukraine Crisis  (Read 236855 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/07/ukraine-russian-military-column-east

"A column of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer artillery systems and trucks carrying ammunition and fighters has crossed into eastern Ukraine from Russia, the Kiev military said on Friday.

“The deployment continues of military equipment and Russian mercenaries to the frontlines,” spokesman Andriy Lysenko said in a televised briefing referring to Thursday’s cross-border incursion.

Nato said it has seen an increase in Russian troops and equipment along the Ukraine border was looking into the reports. “We are aware of the reports of Russian troops and tanks crossing the border between Ukraine and Russia,” a Nato military officer told Reuters. “If this crossing into Ukraine is confirmed it would be further evidence of Russia’s aggression and direct involvement in destabilising Ukraine.”

..."
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:22:53 PM »

Nah, Obama can hold his arms back while Abbott does the punching. I posted it in the Aus thread, but I'll post it here too, Russia has sent warships to sit off the coast of QLD during the G20 meeting, and that offends me deeply.

Plus what does he think is going to happen if they actually engage? The US and Australia are the firmest of allies, and there is no way a missile on Bundaberg isn't met with one on Omsk, from the US, UK, or whoever. All it is is bullying and posturing and I can't believe Putin is so readily prepared to trash his nation's image further, after they shot down and killed 38 Australians, with such a stupid act.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies