NH-ARG: Sununu leads Shaheen by double-digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:25:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  NH-ARG: Sununu leads Shaheen by double-digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-ARG: Sununu leads Shaheen by double-digits  (Read 10498 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« on: December 21, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »

I can't wait for them to actually release the official poll and internal numbers. The whole thing looks absolutely ridiculous. In 6 previous polls, Shaheen has lead from 5%-28% with Sununu no higher than 42% in any of the polls.

The Governor poll is especially horrendous. An extremely popular governor who just won re-election with 74% of the vote only polls with 48% against a little known Republican mayor who just won re-election with only 54% of the vote? You gotta be kidding!
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:59:37 AM »

http://americanresearchgroup.com/nhpoll/senate08/

Strange results from this poll: First off, they oversampled undeclared voters. Second, they have Sununu leading Shaheen 48% to 41% among undeclareds, which I find highly unlikely. Independent/undeclared voters lean fairly heavily towards the Democrats in this state.   Thirdly, they have 93% of Republicans supporting Sununu which I also find highly unlikely in an anti-war state like New Hampshire.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »

I doubt the poll myself, but at the very least Shaheen's hubby ought to be flogged for his amateurish attempts to smear Obama. 

I agree, but realistically I doubt anyone outside of hardcore political followers ever heard about his comment. I find it highly unlikely that his comment would affect his wife's poll numbers.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:05:10 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2007, 12:27:37 PM by TheresNoMoney »

Frankly, I haven't followed this race since I've assumed Sununu was pretty much toast.  I was frankly surprised that Rasmussen had Sununu within 5 pts.

I was too. However, the most recent two polls in this race (October and November) had Shaheen up 16% and 11% (UNH Survey Center and SurveyUSA).
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 01:34:13 PM »

Shaheen's a pretty horrible candidate, so I wouldn't put a slight Sununu lead at this point out of the question.

Shaheen was a popular governor for 6 years. They also haven't even started campaigning in this rac yet, so there's no reason why Sununu would all of a sudden have a lead in this race.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 02:16:28 PM »

She was popular enough to lose the race last time.

2002 was a dream GOP year, and the phone jamming didn't help her numbers either. Any other year and she would've won that race.

Also worthwile to note that New Hamphsire has changed quite a bit politically since then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies