DC statehood Megathread (pg 33 - Manchin questioning constitutionality) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:45:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC statehood Megathread (pg 33 - Manchin questioning constitutionality) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC statehood Megathread (pg 33 - Manchin questioning constitutionality)  (Read 40546 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« on: January 15, 2021, 06:10:49 PM »

Bakersfield goes with NorCal. Sorry, the Tehachapis are the border.

Bulldinky. This should be the map:

Or if you want more states, this:

If you want five states, the next split is San Diego/Imperial as a separate state from the rest of SoCal before you split up the Bay Area (why?).
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 05:37:48 PM »

Marin - Like California is now
El Dorado - Like Colorado
Coronado - Like New Mexico
Centralia - Like Florida or Arizona
Jefferson- Like Missouri or Ohio, not quite like Utah

That Jefferson voted for Clinton (very narrowly) and Biden by a larger margin. Sacramento is big and quite Democratic nowadays. Centralia did vote for Trump in 2016, but probably flipped to Biden in 2020.

El Dorado, Coronado and Marin were stronger for Clinton than any other existing state.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »

The US flag looked better with 48 stars anyway.

Once we admit Douglass, Puerto Rico, Marianas, and Virgins, we'll be at a very similar 9x6 arrangement.

You think the Democrats are going to admit the Marianas and Virgin Islands as well? I'm still doubtful that they'll be successful in admitting Washington D.C. To say nothing of the fact that Puerto Rico still seems to be torn between independence, statehood, and retaining its current status.

If they hold a successful statehood referendum and submit a constitution to the federal government, yes, I think they will be admitted as states. But those two island chains are in the very early stages of talking about this. It won't be done this summer like DC statehood will.

Are they in any stage of talking about this at all?

No one is seriously talking about admitting either the Virgin Islands or the Marianas/Guam as states. However, I'm sure the Virgin Islands would vote to become a state if given the option; I'm not as sure about the Marianas and Guam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies