Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:11:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149554 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: May 08, 2020, 05:01:07 PM »

Graduated with a Masters...now what?
in what field?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2026 on: May 08, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »

Graduated with a Masters...now what?

Student loans!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2027 on: May 08, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »

Education.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2028 on: May 08, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »

Ah, interested in a teaching job?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2029 on: May 08, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »

Obviously. But this virus certainly isn't making that kind of sh&^ easy, what with schools possibly not resuming in the fall.

Also I already have super not-interviewing skills as is.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2030 on: May 08, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »

Imma take a #8 clipper all around this mess in about 4 weeks ish so I return to being a boy from an angora goat.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2031 on: May 09, 2020, 03:57:38 PM »

I had a terrible nightmare about my future.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2032 on: May 14, 2020, 03:43:25 PM »

My guinea pig is dying. He's been diagnosed with cancer in November, but it was judged inoperable, so, because he was in obviously good (even very good) condition then, we've been told he should just live and make the best of it. He was totally fine until a few days ago when you could clearly see the big difference for the worse, and it's now the last stage. He's suffering greatly, but I have no means of putting the poor fellow down, to end his anguish. I'm out of Warsaw, and the nearest vet is in the other town, and I have no means of transport, nor would the vet come down here at this hour. I'm only hoping it won't last long, and I have no way of comforting the poor fellow (touching him makes his feel worse).

I can just sit next to him, look and f**king cry.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2033 on: May 14, 2020, 03:49:53 PM »

My guinea pig is dying. He's been diagnosed with cancer in November, but it was judged inoperable, so, because he was in obviously good (even very good) condition then, we've been told he should just live and make the best of it. He was totally fine until a few days ago when you could clearly see the big difference for the worse, and it's now the last stage. He's suffering greatly, but I have no means of putting the poor fellow down, to end his anguish. I'm out of Warsaw, and the nearest vet is in the other town, and I have no means of transport, nor would the vet come down here at this hour. I'm only hoping it won't last long, and I have no way of comforting the poor fellow (touching him makes his feel worse).

Im sorry for you kal!
Feel better soon, its always sad to have a pet die.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2034 on: May 14, 2020, 06:49:51 PM »

Thesis is a high pass, so I graduate with honors ✓
Found a not-awful place in the worst housing market in America ✓
Passed kidney stone ✓
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2035 on: May 14, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »

Sorry, I know it can be traumatizing, woke up to two dead pet gerbils when I was younger.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2036 on: May 15, 2020, 12:25:48 AM »

I had two online finals today for a total of six hours of typing furiously at my computer. I like writing essays from perspectives I don't normally take, so today I decided to do 1500 words on why the Catholic Church was a force for positive change in Medieval Europe.

One essay to go tomorrow, and then I'm done with college.
JustaKitty
United States

« Reply #2037 on: May 15, 2020, 04:20:41 AM »

What is more powerful than God
More devious than the Devil
Poor Man has it
Rich Man wants it
And if you eat it, you die.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2038 on: May 15, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »

Im sorry for you kal!

Turns out it's not his time yet, he was having problems standing up, but we've figured out the way to have him supported and comfortable. He's much better now, able to eat and drink and not in pain. Other than being sadly infirm and requiring much more attention, he's behaving normally.

I feel terrible for giving up on him before figuring out what to do. As long as he's alive and not in anguish, I'll be taking the best care of him I can.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2039 on: May 16, 2020, 08:57:06 AM »

This morning I posted the results of a Calvinism/Arminianism test I took on Facebook and the author of one of my favorite Christian/spiritual books happened to comment on it.  We got into a discussion about universalism and he referred to some of the things he wrote about in his book, which I had but unfortunately lost because it was stolen because the people who moved me and my mom out of our apartment "accidentally" stored our belongings in a storage unit where everything was auctioned off without our knowledge (long story).  He asked me to PM him my home address and offered to send me a new free copy.

All I can really say is... these are the things that give me hope in this life. Cry
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2040 on: May 17, 2020, 03:05:18 AM »

Today I attended my graduation ceremony in a Minecraft server replica of the Berkeley campus. The chancellor even spoke and had a little avatar of her own. Pretty much the most Zoomer graduation ever.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2041 on: May 17, 2020, 10:11:32 AM »

Im sorry for you kal!

Turns out it's not his time yet, he was having problems standing up, but we've figured out the way to have him supported and comfortable. He's much better now, able to eat and drink and not in pain. Other than being sadly infirm and requiring much more attention, he's behaving normally.

I feel terrible for giving up on him before figuring out what to do. As long as he's alive and not in anguish, I'll be taking the best care of him I can.

He passed away today, and it was fortunately like just falling into a deep sleep. It feels very sad, but I'm grateful for having a few more days with him.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2042 on: May 17, 2020, 10:44:23 AM »

Today I attended my graduation ceremony in a Minecraft server replica of the Berkeley campus. The chancellor even spoke and had a little avatar of her own. Pretty much the most Zoomer graduation ever.

Congrats and/or my condolences on graduating.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2043 on: May 17, 2020, 11:13:28 AM »

Welcome to the future.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2044 on: May 17, 2020, 11:52:01 AM »

I need to quit drinking.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2045 on: May 17, 2020, 12:10:21 PM »

I essentially gave up drinking a while ago, because alcohol reacted badly with my new meds. I'm not really missing it, to be honest.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2046 on: May 17, 2020, 03:03:31 PM »

I am so happy that I have a beautiful Latino boyfriend and another Latino friend after literally scaring every gay latino away from me in St. Louis.

That is not hyperbolic. The Latino population in St. Louis, let alone the gay Latino one, is tiny so it is very likely that I saturated the gay latino market and scared them away from me Sad.

I do wish Virginia had more Latinos though Sad
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2047 on: May 17, 2020, 04:01:28 PM »

A very close family member tested positive for COVID-19. I'm a pleased to say they have now recovered.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2048 on: May 18, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »

I just got my housing assignment at South Alabama. I managed to snag one of the few private rooms available for freshmen. Right in the corner of the Honors dorm, right across from the RA.

an extra $700 per semester for my mental health? Sounds good to me

Do I have to call myself an elitist now? Tongue
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2049 on: May 19, 2020, 01:54:08 AM »

A pair of finches have returned to their nest in the lantern on my front porch after being absent for two years. I checked the nest today and found five eggs. Going to do my best to defend them from the blue jays and crows.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies