Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:52:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149561 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »

everyone pray for me brah, i told my friend whose hosting the 4/20 party that i want to beat my "shots of vodka in under a minute" record so yeah I'm doing that tomorrow night if I never post again you know why lmfao
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2019, 09:15:35 PM »

Does anybody know how to treat chronic fatigue?  I've been exercising more and eating healthier lately, but I'm still exhausted all the time and it's killing me.  I normally get 8-9 hours of sleep each night, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I'm thinking about talking to my psychiatrist about it, but I'm afraid he'll pull my Xanax or antidepressants (Paxil/Lyrica), or my Ambien which I actually need to fall asleep.  My whole body's a mess.

Xanax can definitely do that to you.  Could be something else too though.  Do you have a primary care doctor you can see? (  I keep forgetting to make an appointment with mine. I really need to)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #677 on: April 19, 2019, 09:29:57 PM »

Does anybody know how to treat chronic fatigue?  I've been exercising more and eating healthier lately, but I'm still exhausted all the time and it's killing me.  I normally get 8-9 hours of sleep each night, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I'm thinking about talking to my psychiatrist about it, but I'm afraid he'll pull my Xanax or antidepressants (Paxil/Lyrica), or my Ambien which I actually need to fall asleep.  My whole body's a mess.

Xanax can definitely do that to you.  Could be something else too though.  Do you have a primary care doctor you can see? (  I keep forgetting to make an appointment with mine. I really need to)

I don't have a PCP, but I probably should.  I pretty much rely on my psychiatrist for everything (generally ill-advised if you're dealing with physical in addition to mental health problems, which my mom also does, as psychiatrists are rightly wary about prescribing pain medications).

But, today I got my Focalin refilled, so I'm actually feeling better today than I do on most days.  Yesterday was pure hell for me.  But I think I will be getting a PCP soon, and I'm definitely getting a blood test done ASAP.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2019, 10:30:03 AM »

everyone pray for me brah, i told my friend whose hosting the 4/20 party that i want to beat my "shots of vodka in under a minute" record so yeah I'm doing that tomorrow night if I never post again you know why lmfao

Please do not take such a risk. Please keep yourself healthy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #679 on: April 20, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »

I want to throw up.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »

Yeah, HillGoose if you're serious about that please don't do it.  We don't want to lose you, buddy.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2019, 02:11:02 PM »

Guys don't worry I'm not going to do it lol. I realized that getting up early tomorrow to go see my fiancee's family while I have a massive hangover would not be fun. So that's off the table for tonight 😂
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2019, 03:58:27 PM »

I've noticed that I feel a lot worse than usual this past weekend.  I just wish I knew what was wrong with me.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #683 on: April 20, 2019, 09:49:07 PM »

Two months on hormones now.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #684 on: April 20, 2019, 09:49:44 PM »

Switching to night shift in 24 hours.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2019, 03:10:47 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2019, 03:27:14 PM by The Chad Ralph Northam »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2019, 10:43:18 AM »

My three-month tranniversary was on Thursday.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #687 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but if I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.

Very cool.  If you have questions or anything you would like to discuss, PM me at any time.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #688 on: April 21, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but if I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.

Any particular reason for Methodist instead of some other denomination?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #689 on: April 21, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »

I am interested in knowing his reasoning too as the UMC appears more likely than ever now to enter the beginning stages of a schism.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #690 on: April 21, 2019, 03:37:23 PM »

I am interested in knowing his reasoning too as the UMC appears more likely than ever now to enter the beginning stages of a schism.
A) Well, I don't know a huge deal about the Theological differences between the various Christian denominations, but of the little I do know, Methodism seems to line up best with what I believe.

B) Regarding the comments on the UMC; I'm not actually from Virginia (the avatar is D-VA so my nickname and avatar match), I'm from Canada, so if I do ever end up becoming a Methodist it's rather unlikely it would be under the UMC.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #691 on: April 21, 2019, 03:56:08 PM »

Was Was Not Was Is Not Is when they were cutting records?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #692 on: April 21, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »

A) Well, I don't know a huge deal about the Theological differences between the various Christian denominations, but of the little I do know, Methodism seems to line up best with what I believe.

B) Regarding the comments on the UMC; I'm not actually from Virginia (the avatar is D-VA so my nickname and avatar match), I'm from Canada, so if I do ever end up becoming a Methodist it's rather unlikely it would be under the UMC.

Since the UMC is a global organization, you would be.  The UMC in North America is generally pro-LGBT whereas the growing African and Filipino churches are overwhelmingly opposed.  Last month the General Assembly rejected resolutions calling for more tolerance toward LGBT congregants/clergy and passed a plan that steered the Church towards a more hardline stance on the issue.

I'm Episcopalian (formerly UCC), so I don't have much experience with Methodism beyond what I've read about it.  Kingpoleon (and I believe shua?) are fairly devout Methodists and can probably tell you more.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #693 on: April 21, 2019, 04:07:58 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2019, 04:15:08 PM by The Chad Ralph Northam »

Since the UMC is a global organization, you would be.  The UMC in North America is generally pro-LGBT whereas the growing African and Filipino churches are overwhelmingly opposed.  Last month the General Assembly rejected resolutions calling for more tolerance toward LGBT congregants/clergy and passed a plan that steered the Church towards a more hardline stance on the issue.

I'm Episcopalian (formerly UCC), so I don't have much experience with Methodism beyond what I've read about it.  Kingpoleon (and I believe shua?) are fairly devout Methodists and can probably tell you more.
There's my ignorance of the fine details about these sorts of things showing again.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #694 on: April 21, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »

There's my ignorance of the fine details about these sorts of things showing again.

Well if you don't hate gay people then just go along with the American UMC. It might separate with the bad half of the church but who cares.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »

Well if you don't hate gay people then just go along with the American UMC. It might separate with the bad half of the church but who cares.
I mean, it's hardly certain that I'm going to go through with this. It's just something I've been thinking about a lot lately.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #696 on: April 21, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »

Got a new job. Previous one fired me for being sick after 3+ years. Current one is third shift (which I can honestly handle better than first), and means that I am now a manufacturing worker in NE Ohio. If it weren't for the 2016 swings being so horrible, I'd be in the most politically relevant group in the country. The biggest perk is that my best friends are experienced coworkers now.

I'm a bit worried about my long term prospects though. I'm turning 26 in less than a month and I still haven't really found a professional path. Having a AD in the Sciences will give me a boost when I go back to college, but my GPA isn't exactly exemplary after the mental health issues I went through many years back. My fiscal situation is worsened as a result of being scammed by a bad car dealership after my first car was totaled in January - but it could always be worse, I have a decent enough car now, and one of my other buddies has to donate marrow weekly just to make ends meet.

A dozen years after my first love and I have no second and no first date either. But I have friends, and something to look forward to weekly. I don't have a terrible disease or disability, gotta count those blessings.

I am moderately despondent over the prospect of Ohio becoming Likely R. One thing that really got me into politics is knowing that living in a swing state, my vote counts far more than someone in Wyoming, DC, South Carolina etc. If posters spelling doom for Ohio are right, what will my vote mean? Defending the Democratic record of Summit County, likely to remain stable by Akron U and wealthy Hudsonites replacing Barberton have-nots? Regardless, it's still too early to tell - a lot hinges on just who the Democrats nominate and how s/he campaigns. I refuse to believe that becoming Likely R is inevitable.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #697 on: April 22, 2019, 11:08:38 AM »

Yes I'm a Methodist so I'd be glad to answer any questions if I can.

The UMC mainly exists in the US and in places with a historical missionary connection to the US churches.  Canadian Methodists have other denominations.  Most Methodists I think merged with the United Church of Canada decades ago, but there are also independent Methodist organizations.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #698 on: April 22, 2019, 12:31:01 PM »

Yes I'm a Methodist so I'd be glad to answer any questions if I can.

The UMC mainly exists in the US and in places with a historical missionary connection to the US churches.  Canadian Methodists have other denominations.  Most Methodists I think merged with the United Church of Canada decades ago, but there are also independent Methodist organizations.

I wasn't aware of this.  So presumably the African and Filipino churches have stronger connections to the US missionaries rather than British ones, hence their influence over the UMC?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #699 on: April 22, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.

In an era and culture of increasing irreligiosity, what do you think is making you swim against the current?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies