Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:20:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149558 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:29 PM »

I just got wicked drunk for the first time in my life, vomit and all.  I had two glasses of what I thought was regular beer but was actually moonshine, and since I'm usually not a drinker I couldn't tell the difference.

Live and learn.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #401 on: January 10, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »

I just got wicked drunk for the first time in my life, vomit and all.  I had two glasses of what I thought was regular beer but was actually moonshine, and since I'm usually not a drinker I couldn't tell the difference.

Live and learn.
Oh Good Lord, been there done that. Is the room spinning like a plane about to crash? Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #402 on: January 10, 2019, 11:45:02 PM »

Live and learn.
Oh Good Lord, been there done that. Is the room spinning like a plane about to crash? Tongue

It was. Tongue

I puked my brains out and then slept for like two hours.  My mom had to check if I was still breathing.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2019, 12:26:33 AM »

Guys I made a video explaining my views on aliens

https://youtu.be/K8Ut7HOqlq8
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2019, 08:00:17 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2019, 09:16:55 AM by Cath »

I just got wicked drunk for the first time in my life, vomit and all.  I had two glasses of what I thought was regular beer but was actually moonshine, and since I'm usually not a drinker I couldn't tell the difference.

Live and learn.

It was. Tongue

I puked my brains out and then slept for like two hours.  My mom had to check if I was still breathing.

... Did you just buy a bottle labeled “alcohol”??
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2019, 08:11:40 AM »

Live and learn.

It was. Tongue

I puked my brains out and then slept for like two hours.  My mom had to check if I was still breathing.

... Did you just buy s bottle labeled “alcohol”??

My mom bought what I thought was regular booze.  I had one glass and got a little tipsy and should've stopped there, but I went for another figuring that I have a big build and normally don't react strongly to substances.  Later I read the bottle and saw that it was 100 proof.

I never had moonshine before, but I did learn a lesson I'll never forget.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »

So, the gossip today from the crazy Clinton obsessed guy at my work in the employee lounge is that:

Michele Obama went to a doctor and it’s proven she’s a man. The Obama’s are going to be giving their children back to the real parents soon.
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are being investigated for treason against America.
Chelsea Clinton is not Bill’s legitimate daughter; Hillary committed adultery and she’s the child of another man.

That's interesting actually, I recently had a friend tell me that all the violence at the gilets jaunes was down to the Antifa - and that there were actually loads of terrorist attacks committed by Antifa, but the only reason we never hear about them is because there is a media cover up.

It's, um, fascinating how some people just create truths for themselves
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:25 PM »

Live and learn.

It was. Tongue

My mom bought what I thought was regular booze.  I had one glass and got a little tipsy and should've stopped there, but I went for another figuring that I have a big build and normally don't react strongly to substances.  Later I read the bottle and saw that it was 100 proof.

I have never had moonshine (well, REAL moonshine, anyway), but wouldn't your first taste be jarring enough to prevent a second?? Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2019, 06:18:18 PM »

Live and learn.

It was. Tongue

I have never had moonshine (well, REAL moonshine, anyway), but wouldn't your first taste be jarring enough to prevent a second?? Tongue

I would think so, which is why I am so confused. In any case, his alternation of terms between "booze" and "beer" throws this further into confusion.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »

I've had "real" moonshine only once, when I was at the (now defunct) YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass festival. Some old lady handed me a jar, said "take a swig and pass it down," and naturally I obeyed.

I drank some of that fake Publix moonshine that they sell in the liquor stores and got drunker than I've ever been on that. I drank half the jar in like two hours and thought I was dying of alcohol poisoning.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #410 on: January 12, 2019, 06:51:18 PM »

Flying back to Norman. Considering going back to D-OK.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2019, 07:08:16 AM »

More interesting hot takes from the crazy old guy at work...

An undocumented Mexican immigrant killed an American boy with his car before Christmas, that’s why we need the wall.

Trump is going to declare a national emergency for the wall’s money and martial law so that he’ll have the power to fire anyone he wants, so all of the Democrats will be fired. It’ll finally clear out the government of the trash so Trump can do what he promised but couldn’t because of Democrats.

All football players who kneel during the national anthem are disrespecting the flag, so they all must be fired. Trump needs to make sure they’re fired.

Apparently he fought in Vietnam for America’s freedom and the Democrats are taking our freedoms away. So, Trump needs to declare martial law and throw out the Democrats.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2019, 01:24:49 PM »

...Today marks the first year I'm closer to 40 than 10, and I've done almost nothing with my life....
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »

...Today marks the first year I'm closer to 40 than 10, and I've done almost nothing with my life....

Time to record that concept album!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2019, 03:10:49 PM »

Dish dish dish!

An undocumented Mexican immigrant killed an American boy with his car before Christmas, that’s why we need the wall.
I know an undocumented Mexican illegal immigrant killed a cop. Didn't hear about the boy. But yeah, build that wall!

Trump is going to declare a national emergency for the wall’s money and martial law so that he’ll have the power to fire anyone he wants, so all of the Democrats will be fired. It’ll finally clear out the government of the trash so Trump can do what he promised but couldn’t because of Democrats.
Can he please fire Nancy Pelosi?

All football players who kneel during the national anthem are disrespecting the flag, so they all must be fired. Trump needs to make sure they’re fired.
Was he wearing a "Big Govt Sucks!" t-shirt? You should get him one. He'd like it.

Apparently he fought in Vietnam for America’s freedom and the Democrats are taking our freedoms away. So, Trump needs to declare martial law and throw out the Democrats.
I'm sold. This (presumably elderly) gentleman sounds like a TRUH patriot. Tell him to not use all the Tiki oil up in one night thought, fascising gets expensive. Tongue
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2019, 03:25:27 PM »

I’m currently fuming at the expensive book fees I’ll pay for this semester alone. $450 and only $70 saved after scouring for like a day. Worst part of it is that the school bundles obscure reading material together to avoid third party purchases.

All in all, my schooling for the new semester needs a $1000 up front excluding loans. I’m pretty depressed that in all that no deals got served my way. How do you other students feelin’ about the ritual tragedy of textbooks?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2019, 04:57:02 PM »

Dish dish dish!

I know an undocumented Mexican illegal immigrant killed a cop. Didn't hear about the boy. But yeah, build that wall!

Can he please fire Nancy Pelosi?

Was he wearing a "Big Govt Sucks!" t-shirt? You should get him one. He'd like it.

I'm sold. This (presumably elderly) gentleman sounds like a TRUH patriot. Tell him to not use all the Tiki oil up in one night thought, fascising gets expensive. Tongue

I have no doubt at all that he’d love a shirt like that lol.

Overall, he’s a nice guy. He says good morning to everyone, gets along with the Black folks and immigrants (and even tries to talk politics with them smh), and is just a friendly person, despite his... eccentricities. He particularly likes stopping and talking to me and asking me to help him with some of his work; I always help him too. Imagine his surprise if he discovered my views Tongue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #417 on: January 14, 2019, 01:41:52 AM »

So, I did pretty much nothing besides a Sunday drive. Opened up a card from Granny Smith, it was nice.

But no matter, yesterday was packed, and tomorrow's packed anyway.

...Perhaps I'll do more next year, but eh, it's all been a bummer since I turned 23 three years ago anyway.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2019, 01:24:04 PM »

I’m currently fuming at the expensive book fees I’ll pay for this semester alone. $450 and only $70 saved after scouring for like a day. Worst part of it is that the school bundles obscure reading material together to avoid third party purchases.

All in all, my schooling for the new semester needs a $1000 up front excluding loans. I’m pretty depressed that in all that no deals got served my way. How do you other students feelin’ about the ritual tragedy of textbooks?

I usually rent my books from Amazon or sell the ones I already have, ones I will probably never need again. I remember last semester I shelled out an absurd amount for just a few books and felt terrible afterwards. Book prices are ridiculous and it's a shame that they are so high.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #419 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:33 AM »

Payroll tax season is killing me brah, gotta get all these out by Jan 31
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #420 on: January 15, 2019, 02:15:46 AM »

Guess who's going to be inside Parliament during the biggest vote since 1940...
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #421 on: January 15, 2019, 11:02:00 AM »

Started a course at university on populism. Eagerly awaiting the class on Montana's senior senator.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #422 on: January 15, 2019, 02:30:50 PM »

Got a 2 hour delay today! Cheesy
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #423 on: January 15, 2019, 09:04:25 PM »

That's nothing! The voters in Steve King's district got a two-year delay yesterday.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:03 AM »

It just occurred to me that there was an election between Mike Pence and Rupert from Survivor (and some Democrat too), and I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing at that image.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies