Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:11:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149554 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 04, 2019, 10:34:05 AM »

stop spying on me Google Unsure

(and no, I was searching the color. I misspelled an eCommerce platform name)
Now that's hardcore--they've been spying on you for a decade to prepare for this moment!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #376 on: January 04, 2019, 09:32:48 PM »

We're all gonna be alright guys. I know some of you probably had it rough recently but better days are on the horizon. It's never too late for things to improve.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #377 on: January 05, 2019, 12:47:39 AM »

I decided to poll my Facebook feed (largely the same vein of movement conservatism that I am) on a hypothetical Romney vs. Trump 2020 primary, and it is a nail-biter right now!  Trump currently leads 51% to 49%, and it's going back and forth.

damn how many friends you got on fb?

I once did a poll on facebook asking whether the ceiling or the sky was what's up, the results were interesting, all my friends who voted for "the ceiling" were male and all my friends who voted for "the sky" were female. lmao

Probably about 1000 friends or so, but this is out of 76 voters.  Trump led 39 to 37 when I posted this.  A slight gender gap with women going 55% Romney and men going 54% Trump (more men than women have voted).

Will provide the final numbers tomorrow night.

Barring any late movement, it looks like Trump has this vote.  He has 52.6% of the 95 votes cast in my informal poll.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #378 on: January 05, 2019, 04:01:52 PM »

So I met a girl at an Indian wedding that I really fancied, and we basically spent the whole of the second night just talking to each other. Obviously I did nothing; and it doesn't really matter because she lives in Abu Dhabi and I'll never see her again. But you'd figure it should be pretty obvious when to make a move right? [/rant]
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: January 05, 2019, 04:22:19 PM »

So I met a girl at an Indian wedding that I really fancied, and we basically spent the whole of the second night just talking to each other. Obviously I did nothing; and it doesn't really matter because she lives in Abu Dhabi and I'll never see her again. But you'd figure it should be pretty obvious when to make a move right? [/rant]

Women. Can’t live in the same country as them, can’t live without ‘em.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2019, 04:34:50 PM »

Going to visit my Christian part of my family for Christmas tomorrow (They're Greek Orthodox and follow the Julian Calendar Christmas), as a Muslim it should be interesting.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »

My senator has been the president pro-tempore for 3 (4 in 39 minutes) days and I just realized that now. I mean, I knew before he was sworn in, but I completely forgot.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »

Scrambling to get my last grad school apps in. Thank God for lower ranked schools that are willing to work with applicants. One school is basically done; I just need to edit my writing sample and pay them. For the other it seems like they’ll bend over backwards to make me admissible. Tongue Of course, if I’m lucky, all this will be for naught. The big name school apps are already in.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »

There’s an old guy at my work who literally listens to some country music song about Hillary Clinton being a liar, should be in jail, etc... on like full blast in the break room even with a bunch of people in there. I’ve heard him talking to Siri, asking about Hillary Clinton a couple times before as well. Literally every single time I’m in the break room with him (basically every day), he’s preoccupied with Hillary Clinton. What the hell is wrong with some people? It was 2 years ago, leave it the hell alone.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:02 PM »

Not if you’re an incel.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »

There’s an old guy at my work who literally listens to some country music song about Hillary Clinton being a liar, should be in jail, etc... on like full blast in the break room even with a bunch of people in there. I’ve heard him talking to Siri, asking about Hillary Clinton a couple times before as well. Literally every single time I’m in the break room with him (basically every day), he’s preoccupied with Hillary Clinton. What the hell is wrong with some people? It was 2 years ago, leave it the hell alone.

Go in there and blast some salvos back of "fight song", if he is obsessed with HRC as much as you claim, he'll recognize it immediately.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2019, 03:57:40 AM »

Tried to see Gavin Newsom’s inauguration. Couldn’t get in without a ticket. Skulked around the capitol for an hour, saw Jerry Brown and shook hands with Nancy Pelosi. Saw the swearing in ceremony and part of Newsom’s speech on a TV in the capitol cafeteria. Free hot dogs outside thanks to one of the big labor unions!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2019, 04:22:37 AM »

Go in there and blast some salvos back of "fight song", if he is obsessed with HRC as much as you claim, he'll recognize it immediately.

I found the song he plays constantly: https://youtu.be/U8m5gxCiOYk
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: January 08, 2019, 05:37:34 AM »

watching USD/JPY like a hawk brah
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »

Not if you’re an incel.
Damn. Burn. Unsure
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »

I overslept and missed the DeSantis inauguration, but then again, I have class at two anyway.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #391 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »

2019 has begun as literally the worst year in my life. Days after almost losing my job and needing to pay $630 in emergency bills, I crash into a truck after less than 5 months in my awesome little car on an unsalted road. Ohio weather is just wonderful, one day thunderstorms with 50F weather next day SUDDEN BLIZZARD.

Things could be worse: I have no health insurance as Obamacare referred me back to state medicaid and they're never going to contact me after kicking me off last summer. I have no choice but to find a private provider.

The public option will never happen. People don't realize it, especially people like me, but Atlas is a pro-labor anti-neoliberal bubble. I tried talking to Democrats on another forum and they were singing praises of Bush Jr. and were confused as to why I, a fair trader, wasn't just going to vote for Trump. After all I'm a "single issue voter" (wrong) "for corporate rent seeking"

The cherry on top is where I go to play DND with friends, it's become as loud as a school cafeteria and I wasn't able to have fun.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #392 on: January 09, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »

Sorry to here that bageldude. I know well wishes can ring hollow when people aren’t in a position to help, but hoping everything works out.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

Sorry to here that bageldude. I know well wishes can ring hollow when people aren’t in a position to help, but hoping everything works out.

Thank you.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #394 on: January 09, 2019, 10:55:12 PM »

I'm an intern for the MD General Assembly now. Today was opening day. Shook hands with Gov. Hogan (second time meeting him, first time in MD) and immediately afterwards his security detail pushed me literally into Lt. Gov. Boyd Rutherford. It was kinda awkward but it was an accident so I just shook Rutherford's hand and moved on.

Hogan is very down to earth, personable, and easygoing, while Rutherford seems unsure of himself, introverted, and like he always has somewhere else he'd rather be. I can't see Rutherford running for office (successfully) at the top of a ticket. As an introvert I can relate but still.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #395 on: January 10, 2019, 01:44:26 AM »

2019 has begun as literally the worst year in my life. Days after almost losing my job and needing to pay $630 in emergency bills, I crash into a truck after less than 5 months in my awesome little car on an unsalted road. Ohio weather is just wonderful, one day thunderstorms with 50F weather next day SUDDEN BLIZZARD.

Things could be worse: I have no health insurance as Obamacare referred me back to state medicaid and they're never going to contact me after kicking me off last summer. I have no choice but to find a private provider.

The public option will never happen. People don't realize it, especially people like me, but Atlas is a pro-labor anti-neoliberal bubble. I tried talking to Democrats on another forum and they were singing praises of Bush Jr. and were confused as to why I, a fair trader, wasn't just going to vote for Trump. After all I'm a "single issue voter" (wrong) "for corporate rent seeking"

The cherry on top is where I go to play DND with friends, it's become as loud as a school cafeteria and I wasn't able to have fun.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #396 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:06 AM »

So, the gossip today from the crazy Clinton obsessed guy at my work in the employee lounge is that:

Michele Obama went to a doctor and it’s proven she’s a man. The Obama’s are going to be giving their children back to the real parents soon.
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are being investigated for treason against America.
Chelsea Clinton is not Bill’s legitimate daughter; Hillary committed adultery and she’s the child of another man.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #397 on: January 10, 2019, 09:52:06 AM »

So, the gossip today from the crazy Clinton obsessed guy at my work in the employee lounge is that:

Michele Obama went to a doctor and it’s proven she’s a man. The Obama’s are going to be giving their children back to the real parents soon.
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are being investigated for treason against America.
Chelsea Clinton is not Bill’s legitimate daughter; Hillary committed adultery and she’s the child of another man.

It's like they're projecting everything their President did on the evil Democrats. Sad!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #398 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »

It's like they're projecting everything their President did on the evil Democrats. Sad!
Wait, Melania's transitioning?!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:56 PM »

Dude a "Free Wall Street, Occupy Tehran" political movement would be so lit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies