Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:03:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149550 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »

I realized that when I sleep all day (as I did today), I feel more depressed than if I just lied in bed and did nothing all day.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »

I realized that when I sleep all day (as I did today), I feel more depressed than if I just lied in bed and did nothing all day.

If you are depressed, sleeping too much can just make it worse. It seems appealing because you can just skip time but sleeping isn't like a simple on/off switch afaik. Lots of complicated stuff going on there.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2018, 09:19:08 PM »

Yeah, I've done that a bit too much as of late. Did that for a few months after graduation while searching in vain for a job....trippy dreams.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »

Good times in Singapore.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2018, 01:38:28 AM »

I’m so bored right now if someone wants to talk to me, now is your chance.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2018, 06:39:52 AM »

I’m so bored right now if someone wants to talk to me, now is your chance.
I'm not so bored that I'd want to.   Devil
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2018, 01:06:54 PM »

I screwed up an ArcGIS installation and since this type of thing requires an authorization number (which now has been used), I've a feeling my copy might now be completely useless.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2018, 12:00:11 AM »

I just farted and it smelled so bad I actually didn't like it. Should I be concerned?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »

My girlfriend and I are going to the Twenty One Pilots concert here in KC on the 21st. I like the band, but she absolutely loves them and they mean so much to her since they helped her as she struggled with depression, suicide, and self-harm. But, I have a big surprise planned for her during her favorite song, which they play at the end of every concert; I'm going to propose to her. I'm so excited and nervous!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2018, 03:32:15 PM »

My girlfriend and I are going to the Twenty One Pilots concert here in KC on the 21st. I like the band, but she absolutely loves them and they mean so much to her since they helped her as she struggled with depression, suicide, and self-harm. But, I have a big surprise planned for her during her favorite song, which they play at the end of every concert; I'm going to propose to her. I'm so excited and nervous!

OMFG GOOD LUCK!!! Do update us!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »

Alright.

Time to defend the freiwal.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2018, 05:31:54 PM »

Got called for jury duty for the first time, LOL.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2018, 05:32:44 PM »

Got called for jury duty for the first time, LOL.

Eh, been called like ten times and never had to go.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »

If I don’t pop off the champagne for Governor-elect DeSantis than I’ll do it in honor of you guys instead. Either way I’m drinking champagne that I bought at a gas station.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »

If I don’t pop off the champagne for Governor-elect DeSantis than I’ll do it in honor of you guys instead. Either way I’m drinking champagne that I bought at a gas station.
For your sake, I hope there's a tie so you won't drink that swill.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2018, 10:14:52 PM »

For some reason my Google Ads for this site were clogged this evening with ads for a nearby school board race in a county I haven't been in for weeks. Since the candidate is a software developer in his day job that probably explains his ad buy while candidates in my local school board haven't.

Only thing I can think of is that I do carry my tablet to work and I do on occasion have reason to Google that school district's schools on my work computer for reasons that have nothing to do with the board or politics.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2018, 07:15:53 AM »

You aspiring left-wing radicals will be happy to know that turnout is insanely high in my heavily-Democratic neighborhood.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »

For some reason my Google Ads for this site were clogged this evening with ads for a nearby school board race in a county I haven't been in for weeks. Since the candidate is a software developer in his day job that probably explains his ad buy while candidates in my local school board haven't.

Only thing I can think of is that I do carry my tablet to work and I do on occasion have reason to Google that school district's schools on my work computer for reasons that have nothing to do with the board or politics.

This is literally funny. Ever since I used the option to ask Google to not show me that ad, I haven't seen a single ad on the Forum.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »

Normally I'm just depressed and jaded and sleepy.

Mood today:

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »

Americans for Prosperity dramatically overpaid me due to a clerical error. I did the right thing and reported it to both my boss and my boss’s boss’s, but I’m hoping they’ll forget about it/let me keep it Tongue
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2018, 05:12:58 AM »

Man, these midterms drained the sh**t out of me.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2018, 09:12:54 AM »

Does your girlfriend know about Atlas? I hope she doesn't because it might just ruin the surprise lol Tongue. But good luck!!!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »

I think it's time to stop lying to myself, I at the very least towards the democrats now, if not actually being a democrat. I still am a "liberty lover" don't get me wrong, but how about this. I don't think in the greatest country on the world you should have to worry about whether or not you can take your child to the doctor or yourself to the doctor, or that you have to face eviction from your apartment because even though you work long hours, your job still doesn't pay enough. I don't believe you should have to worry about being arrested for smoking a mostly harmless drug. I don't think you should be deported if you have contributed to society and are just trying to make a better life for your family, not "trying to bring in crime and sapping off the government". Honestly, it's true that I have never put the most effort into anything, I have tended to take the easy way out in the past on things. I am done with that though, I am not gonna take the easy way out on this, I believe if we harness the energy on the ground and continue what has been started by so many, then we can seriously make a difference in this country.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2018, 11:32:31 PM »

So I have three tabs open for CNN, one each for big map house, governor, and senate races, and I wanted to see how Tester was doing, and I clicked on a tab and saw that Montana was pretty red, and I almost lost my lunch, until I figured out a couple seconds later that I was accidentally on the house tab looking at Montana at large, so I quickly changed to the senate tab, and I felt like a stack of bricks was lifted off my back as I saw Montana dusted over in a powdery baby blue Smiley.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2018, 11:52:55 PM »

yo so like today it was rough. but then like tomorrow will be too but friday will be cool so im not sleeping tonight brah, no sleep, powering through until 9 PM tomorrow lets go brah!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies