Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:06:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150349 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: January 17, 2020, 06:27:14 PM »

Starting Nutrisystem in the morning.  I'm nervous (and sad as I am finishing off my "final feast"), but I know I need to make a change.  I need to lose at least 100 pounds, if not a little more.

Through 3 days on Nutrisystem.  Some of the foods are good and some aren't, but I'm managing so far (except momentarily when I see a commercial for something yummy on TV).

Week 1 down- and I lost FIFTEEN POUNDS!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1601 on: January 17, 2020, 08:29:23 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2020, 09:18:24 PM by Bagel23 »

I almost inadvertently killed myself 20 minutes ago

It was rainy and cold outside, I was driving home and my windows were all fogged up because inside my car was warmer and the temperature difference fogs up the windows and my stupid @$$ young immature self did not turn on the anti-fog heating because I was too cheap because it would cost me a little extra gas to run it so I thought I could make it home with the windows all fogged up and I was making a left turn and it was very hard because everything was fogged up and so hard to see, and sure enough when I made the left turn I cut too early and I drove over a traffic island, going 50 miles an hour, and I nearly hit a massive light pole and I swerved back onto the street at the last minute and almost got hit by the car in the lane that I was merging into from the rear, so that scared the sh!t out of me, accidently almost died, :/, kinda shaken up rn
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1602 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:24 PM »

Well, glad to hear you're alright Bagel, but my god, stop counting pennies (in the form of gas) when you're driving. It's not just you on the road. You could have just as easily plowed right into one or more pedestrians, or caused serious injuries to someone else by hitting their car.

If you can't see, either stop your car or turn on the right AC settings to clear it up. You can't compromise on that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1603 on: January 17, 2020, 09:23:23 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2020, 09:31:52 PM by Bagel23 »

Well, glad to hear you're alright Bagel, but my god, stop counting pennies (in the form of gas) when you're driving. It's not just you on the road. You could have just as easily plowed right into one or more pedestrians, or caused serious injuries to someone else by hitting their car.

If you can't see, either stop your car or turn on the right AC settings to clear it up. You can't compromise on that.

Yeah you are right, I am incredibly cheap and it almost got me and possibly even others killed. I won’t do it again. It was bad to do in those nasty night conditions with additional 83% humidity outside that would refog after 5 minutes of cleaning the windows, and not even rolling down the windows too much either because I didnt want to also take up a bit more gas that way. I’m kinda just tryna talk to friends about it rn and joke about it to relieve myself, but ik it was wrong and I wont do it again either.

The car I was driving is also a fairly large SUV with good bottom clearance so it took it like a champ and came out fairly unscathed from what I can tell so far.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #1604 on: January 18, 2020, 06:48:54 PM »

I did a 20-minute PowerPoint presentation for a group I belong to.

Everyone told me I did a good job--even if I am overly fond of the syllable "um"--but it took me an hour to stop shaking afterwards.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1605 on: January 19, 2020, 02:50:17 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2020, 09:10:58 PM by YE »

Stop acting like you know people's lives here and stop assuming people's lives here revole around politics unless you want me to quiz you on a lot of non political stuff like Basketball, Football, Star Wars. I also have tons of friends who I hang out with a lot when I am not busy with College and Work. I just over winter break went on a one week vacation out of town with my friends and had lots of fun going bowling, watching great sports games together, going to new restaurants and exploring that city.

People here are not much different than the Sports Forum I am on (RealGM) where people get very sad over the results of sports games. I myself have gotten much sadder over sports results than I have ever gotten about politics. I was sad when Romney lost in 2012 and when Trump became the presumptive nominee in 2016 (after winning Indiana) but it was nothing close to how sad I was after the 2011 BCS National Championship Game , Brandon Roy's retirement, 2019 WCF .

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1606 on: January 19, 2020, 01:49:49 PM »

I've said it before in kinder terms but I'll say it again, this time with no holds barred.

This forum is full of deranged extremely online socially anxious neurotic geeks whose mental states depend on 'avenging' the results of 2016, who will see their dreams and wishes shattered once more when November comes around. While a part of me will undoubtedly take satisfaction in that, another part of me is sympathetic, so listen closely....

Take a page from my book and learn to enjoy life outside of politics. I'm in the middle of a visit back to NYC right now, but despite the snow, the cold, and the dreary grey sky, I'm finding dozens of ways to enjoy myself. One of which involves eating a nice banana split sundae with an arm around my girlfriend (who a couple months ago asked if I supported Bloomberg 2020 haahahahahaahalmao are you fckin kidding me?) as we rewatch her favorite documentary (guess what?) which I'm barely paying attention to as I type this.

Have fun! This is your only shot at life! You won the lottery when it comes to experiencing existence. You could have ended up being like the stain on the floor a yard to the left of me that I haven't cleaned yet.

I kinda see what ur sayin brah the ppl on here could do good to be less political u know what I'm saying?

tbh idek wtf is going on too much in politics these days anymore, and i'm happier for it. i'd much rather spend my days off trying to down 6 shots of fireball in under 40 seconds or playing pool at bars than on an internet forum like this arguing (of course i lot of the time come on here to post after the 6 shots of fireball or while i'm at bars, but who tf cares about arguing lmao i just say whatever)

i think a lot of ppl on atlas have trouble getting out of their comfort zone. they should ask out that person they have a crush on, go to that party they aren't sure about, get into another hobby, especially if it makes them money, you know whatever.

i see where ur coming from i guess, i just think the way too much politics on here is kind of crazy too. i dont get the ppl who r into it so much like this.

really, it helped ease my anxiety about politics a lot when i realized that politics usually never changes anything and if you actually want to make a change you need to start a business and/or invent a new technology because that is where improvement in the state of things comes from. you can scream about politics on a street corner all you want but no one will care, but if ur a wealthy business owner, you can actually impact what u like to see because money talks and ppl will respond to that.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1607 on: January 19, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »

I've said it before in kinder terms but I'll say it again, this time with no holds barred.

This forum is full of deranged extremely online socially anxious neurotic geeks whose mental states depend on 'avenging' the results of 2016, who will see their dreams and wishes shattered once more when November comes around. While a part of me will undoubtedly take satisfaction in that, another part of me is sympathetic, so listen closely....

Take a page from my book and learn to enjoy life outside of politics. I'm in the middle of a visit back to NYC right now, but despite the snow, the cold, and the dreary grey sky, I'm finding dozens of ways to enjoy myself. One of which involves eating a nice banana split sundae with an arm around my girlfriend (who a couple months ago asked if I supported Bloomberg 2020 haahahahahaahalmao are you fckin kidding me?) as we rewatch her favorite documentary (guess what?) which I'm barely paying attention to as I type this.

Have fun! This is your only shot at life! You won the lottery when it comes to experiencing existence. You could have ended up being like the stain on the floor a yard to the left of me that I haven't cleaned yet.

I kinda see what ur sayin brah the ppl on here could do good to be less political u know what I'm saying?

tbh idek wtf is going on too much in politics these days anymore, and i'm happier for it. i'd much rather spend my days off trying to down 6 shots of fireball in under 40 seconds or playing pool at bars than on an internet forum like this arguing (of course i lot of the time come on here to post after the 6 shots of fireball or while i'm at bars, but who tf cares about arguing lmao i just say whatever)

i think a lot of ppl on atlas have trouble getting out of their comfort zone. they should ask out that person they have a crush on, go to that party they aren't sure about, get into another hobby, especially if it makes them money, you know whatever.

i see where ur coming from i guess, i just think the way too much politics on here is kind of crazy too. i dont get the ppl who r into it so much like this.

really, it helped ease my anxiety about politics a lot when i realized that politics usually never changes anything and if you actually want to make a change you need to start a business and/or invent a new technology because that is where improvement in the state of things comes from. you can scream about politics on a street corner all you want but no one will care, but if ur a wealthy business owner, you can actually impact what u like to see because money talks and ppl will respond to that.

Hillgoose I gotta say, ever since I came across this place, you always struck me as quite possibly the one poster who truly "gets it" if such a poster existed.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1608 on: January 19, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2020, 06:20:03 PM by Gucci Slides »

BUFFFALAFLO WILF WINGS HO.E OF THE TITAMD

edit: oof
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1609 on: January 19, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »

Stop acting like you know people's lives here and stop assuming people's lives here revole around politics unless you want me to quiz you on a lot of non political stuff like Basketball, Football, Star Wars. I also have tons of friends who I hang out with a lot when I am not busy with College and Work.

Star Wars is generally not seen as a particularly strong defense when someone tells you you have no life.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1610 on: January 19, 2020, 07:27:34 PM »

Stop acting like you know people's lives here and stop assuming people's lives here revole around politics unless you want me to quiz you on a lot of non political stuff like Basketball, Football, Star Wars. I also have tons of friends who I hang out with a lot when I am not busy with College and Work.

Star Wars is generally not seen as a particularly strong defense when someone tells you you have no life.

Lol I just have a far different defintion of fun than you guys as I dont view drinking and sex as fun in anyway .

I view fun as hanging out with friends and families, playing sports , playing games in general, and watching good tv as well. All of those things are far far more satisfying than drinking and sex in every way possible.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1611 on: January 19, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »

Stop acting like you know people's lives here and stop assuming people's lives here revole around politics unless you want me to quiz you on a lot of non political stuff like Basketball, Football, Star Wars. I also have tons of friends who I hang out with a lot when I am not busy with College and Work. I just over winter break went on a one week vacation out of town with my friends and had lots of fun going bowling, watching great sports games together, going to new restaurants and exploring that city.

People here are not much different than the Sports Forum I am on (RealGM) where people get very sad over the results of sports games. I myself have gotten much sadder over sports results than I have ever gotten about politics. I was sad when Romney lost in 2012 and when Trump became the presumptive nominee in 2016 (after winning Indiana) but it was nothing close to how sad I was after the 2011 BCS National Championship Game , Brandon Roy's retirement, 2019 WCF .

Agreed.

Ngl though this NBA season has been far sadder than the 2019 WCF.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1612 on: January 19, 2020, 07:30:41 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2020, 07:34:01 PM by Old School Republican »

Agreed.

Disagree as Nurk being out and Lillard hip injury cost us a trip in the finals and also this season unlike the 2019 WCF didnt have a full season and two rounds of nothing but excitement so the 2019 WCF was far more deflating.

I havent cried during this season, while I certainly was crying a lot after game 3 of the 2019 WCF. That series made it hard for me to enjoy the NBA finals that year as well
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: January 19, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »

Agreed.

Disagree as Nurk being out and Lillard hip injury cost us a trip in the finals and also this season unlike the 2019 WCF didnt have a full season and two rounds of nothing but excitement so the 2019 WCF was far more deflating.
Well, yes, but it was nice that we got there in the first place (made up for the humiliation of getting swept by Golden State for the nth time. I had a lot of hope that we could follow up on that this season (and land another star), and then there was that 2-8 (or something) stretch in November and the Hood injury, which IMO sucks worse. I'm also sad we couldn't get more back for Bazemore (i.e. Gallinari). 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1614 on: January 19, 2020, 07:39:14 PM »

Agreed.

Well, yes, but it was nice that we got there in the first place (made up for the humiliation of getting swept by Golden State for the nth time. I had a lot of hope that we could follow up on that this season (and land another star), and then there was that 2-8 (or something) stretch in November and the Hood injury, which IMO sucks worse. I'm also sad we couldn't get more back for Bazemore (i.e. Gallinari). 

This season is definitely worse then last but what I am saying , that the immediate aftermath of game 3 of 2019 WCF (by game 4 I had accepted it was over), was a worse feeling than this season.

Though, the highs of last season certainly trump anything from this season, and first and second-round playoff series were super exciting in every way possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsO16miJlMw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wYsg2dvE3E

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1615 on: January 19, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »

Since I can't complete a certain task I wanted done that's kinda needed for me to finish up the pile of work, I'm back here for a break.

Still not all that pleased at this.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: January 19, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »

Agreed.

This season is definitely worse then last but what I am saying , that the immediate aftermath of game 3 of 2019 WCF (by game 4 I had accepted it was over), was a worse feeling than this season.

Though, the highs of last season certainly trump anything from this season, and first and second-round playoff series were super exciting in every way possible.

Yep, last year's playoffs were super exciting, especially that Game 7 win on Denver. That said, I was personally resigned to losing to the Warriors, though seeing the team blow massive leads 3 games in a row was horrible. A similar thing happened early this season too, and I'd rather have a ton of success followed by a crushing defeat than an all-around unlucky/terrible season.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1617 on: January 19, 2020, 07:53:35 PM »

Agreed.

Yep, last year's playoffs were super exciting, especially that Game 7 win on Denver. That said, I was personally resigned to losing to the Warriors, though seeing the team blow massive leads 3 games in a row was horrible. A similar thing happened early this season too, and I'd rather have a ton of success followed by a crushing defeat than an all-around unlucky/terrible season.

I still think if Lillard and Nurk was healthy we beat a Durant-Less Warriors team as they barely got passed us in 3/4 games despite Lillard playing with a dislocated hip which really hurt his ability to drive to the basket, without Nurk who was arguably our 2nd best player last season and his replacement- Enes Kanter playing with an injured shoulder.

I agree though I would rather experience the 2019 season over this season anyday
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1618 on: January 19, 2020, 08:46:09 PM »

I'm largely with you, man, but watching things is not proof of having a life.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1619 on: January 20, 2020, 02:48:52 AM »

I seriously do not understand why the majority of Atlas users tolerate me, a bag of dirt who every once in a while posts either a dogsh!t take or a quip that takes the brain processing power of an almond to come up with.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1620 on: January 20, 2020, 03:49:41 AM »

Realized the hard way that I'm bisexual because I have fallen completely head over heels in love with a male friend of mine.

One problem though. He's gay. So rip me.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1621 on: January 20, 2020, 12:06:28 PM »

Realized the hard way that I'm bisexual because I have fallen completely head over heels in love with a male friend of mine.

One problem though. He's gay. So rip me.
Drama! Tell us more!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1622 on: January 20, 2020, 12:13:21 PM »

I seriously do not understand why the majority of Atlas users tolerate me, a bag of dirt who every once in a while posts either a dogsh!t take or a quip that takes the brain processing power of an almond to come up with.
This makes you more interesting and more intelligent than 90% of the other posters.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1623 on: January 20, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »

Ok Peebs.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1624 on: January 20, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »

S**tposting is a human right.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies