The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:31:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 239426 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: October 16, 2017, 11:44:32 PM »

Quite possibly the most horrifying and gut-wrenching post I have seen in my two and a half years on Atlas:

PAC 12: You don't have a heart if you don't like Wazzu.
I think you are confused on which thread this is. This is an excellent post, and Mike Leach is the protagonist of college football.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:47 PM »

EVERYTHING is about race/sex. Everything.

Remember kids, it's OK for white males to refer to themselves as "the next president" or whatever, but not OK when women or minorities do it.

If you don't think race plays some factor (in fairness, it's probably subconscious more often than not) in the True Leftist rage against Kamala Harris (2nd most progressive Senator) and Cory Booker (3rd most progressive senator), you're willfully ignorant.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »

Logical fallacy posted directly into the reservation. Apparently "A -> B" is disproven by "~C -> ~B" now?

Yeah, look at how much the True Leftists love Andrew Cuomo.  Oh wait...

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »

EVERYTHING is about race/sex. Everything.

Remember kids, it's OK for white males to refer to themselves as "the next president" or whatever, but not OK when women or minorities do it.

If you don't think race plays some factor (in fairness, it's probably subconscious more often than not) in the True Leftist rage against Kamala Harris (2nd most progressive Senator) and Cory Booker (3rd most progressive senator), you're willfully ignorant.

I don’t really care about this conversation, but it seems a tad disingenuous to label someone the second most progressive Senator after a *year*.

I'm just quoting their DWNominate scores since those are the most commonly cited scores out there. We can use other scores and rankings if you'd rather, which consistently put the pair in the top 10, but always 2-3.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »

I mean, the post speaks for itself. You're basically saying that associating with neo nazis and indirectly encouraging antisemitic groups is OK as long as you support the Israeli government. I personally think that we should call out repugnant stuff like this both on the left and on the right. When Trump brings us a Christian fundamentalist who said we're all going to hell to an official ceremony, when he says that there are "very fine people" in a hate march of nazis and racists who scream "Jews will not replace us"- I couldn't care less about the fact that he's moving some embassy.
Nope, supporting Nazis and encouraging antisemitic groups is not okay at all. I don't think Bannon or Trump did that, though, but I would like to invite you to come up with examples that prove me wrong. The Christian guy at the embassy ceremony should not have been invited but I don't think saying we're all going to hell is necessarily antisemitic (but it's bad either way, agreed). In Charlottesville there were probably a lot of bad people and a few fine people on both sides. The Nazi protesters were bad and the Antifa counterprotesters were bad. Trump was probably too charitable to both sides. The "Jews will not replace us" chant was absolutely terrible but has never been condoned by Trump. His daughter is literally Jewish and so are his grandchildren. And it is a choice to attach so much weight to this perceived moral failure of Trump and not to look at his impressive support for Israel.

You Don't believe a sermon saying that you and all Jews are going to hell is anti-Semitic? I'm sure if that same sermon was done by a black democratic Protestant or Muslim clergyman you would respond the exact same way, surely. Roll Eyes

It's awesome that you're able to write off the whole I'm sure there are nice people on both sides for the crowd chanting the Jews will not replace us. I think parrot guy's point is right on spot. A Jewish son-in-law and rabid support of Israel doesn't remove any responsibility for anti semitism. Except in your eyes of course

What's especially galling is that he bends over backward to say that maybe some of the protesters were privately not Anti-Semitic, despite willingly joining a bunch of Neo-Nazis and white supremacists in their violent marches, and then at the same time he insists Heather Heyer (who gave her life for the idea that he doesn't belong in an oven) was actually an anti-Semite who wants all Jews dead.

I've posted here for 15 years, and I'm not sure anything I've ever read here has pissed me off more than that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 07:36:05 PM »

I'm not arguing that the Tiki march was sparsely attended, or that the white supremacist presence in Charlottesville wasn't marginal - but they still only represented a fraction of the right leaning protesters present.

Nope, you're full of sh**t. At least DavidB can use the "I live in Europe and may legitimately not realize the truth" excuse.

Every single person who showed up made a willing choice to join a Neo-Nazi hatefest. I guess it's possible that they might not have realized what is was before they arrived (but talk about a critical did-not-do-the-research failure), but once they were there, the participants had a last chance not to join and didn't make that choice.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 07:03:02 AM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »

^ God, I hate Oxford commas for some reason ... it's the battle I'm willing to perish for. Tongue

It was considerate of you to type this trash post straight into this thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies