German Federal Election 2017 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:10:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  German Federal Election 2017 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How Would you vote?
CDU/CSU

SPD

Left

Greens

Liberal Conservative Reformers

FDP

AfD

Free Voters

Pirates

National Democratic Party (Nazis)

Die PARTEI

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 132

Author Topic: German Federal Election 2017  (Read 5784 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 08, 2017, 11:02:12 PM »

So the most popular party among English speakers is the one in Saxony that recently submitted a formal inquiry about sterilizing refugee children. Fantastic. As I've said for a while, all the right-wing cries of "freedom" are simply a cover for the preservation of their power and privilege. Thankfully Germans are smarter than Atlas "Conservatives."

As for my vote, I'd probably have to vote for Die Linke. The SPD still seems pretty sold on the "neoliberal" agenda of the past 40 years. We need to move past that already; it has been a total disaster.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »

So the most popular party among English speakers is the one in Saxony that recently submitted a formal inquiry about sterilizing refugee children. Fantastic. As I've said for a while, all the right-wing cries of "freedom" are simply a cover for the preservation of their power and privilege. Thankfully Germans are smarter than Atlas "Conservatives."

As for my vote, I'd probably have to vote for Die Linke. The SPD still seems pretty sold on the "neoliberal" agenda of the past 40 years. We need to move past that already; it has been a total disaster.

If the German voters were that smart, they would not have supported ruinous policies that naturally led to the rise of an entity like AfD. The house is on fire and nobody is willing to talk about it. What's worse is that the nature of the EU means that the migrant crisis is not restricted to Germany either, but shared among the nation-states.

Or perhaps AfD arose in response to the crisis only among the society's most bigoted and nationalistic members. Last I recall they can't seem to escape 10-15% support in polls. Germans may not be enthused about the crisis, but they don't take such a hostile view to it as Americans who don't even live in Europe do. 85-90% of Germans still support political parties that have, to some extent, embraced the intake of refugees. So the perception of those policies being "ruinous" doesn't seem to be a very popular one among Germans who actually live in Germany; only to people such as yourself, who presumably lives in California - thousands of miles away.

Also, it's nice to see that you completely dodged any response to the fact that you support and defend a party that has inquired about euthanizing refugee children. I guess that's just a trivial detail to you. But you'll certainly keep going on about "limited government" or "freedom" or whatever.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »

This is one of the few instances where the Atlas results are much better than the expected actual results.

The far right getting 23% of the vote is SO great

Maybe the poll function should be removed from this website. Y'know, just to make sure that no unsavoury opinions see the light of day.

cool strawman bro
It's an interesting case of protection: Clash, like much of the far-right, is unable to cope with the idea that some people might not share his exact worldview, and thus can only perceive any level of criticism as being threatening censorship that must be shut down.

You're the one who called the results "worrying", as if a poll on an obscure internet maps forum means anything.

Perhaps they were referring instead to what this says about the political makeup of Atlas forum users.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies