Who would you want the leaders of each party to be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you want the leaders of each party to be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you want the leaders of each party to be  (Read 1224 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »

For the Dems:
A Progressive-Blue Dog Coalition is established with strong links to the agricultural sector and organized labor.

President: John Bel Edwards
Speaker of the House: Collin Peterson
Senate Majority Leader: Sherrod Brown
DNC Chair: Richard Trumka

For the GOP:
The Paulbot Mafia takes over.

Senate Minority Leader: Rand Paul
House Minority Leader: Justin Amash
DNC Chair : Ron Paul

Don't have any ideas precisely for the GOP leadership, although I'd probably like someone like Scott Walker or Greg Abbott for President. On the other hand I like the Democratic leadership you chose, that's what the Democratic Party should be like, going back to their roots as a populist party rather than the coastal liberal party of Obama, Hillary and Pelosi it currently is.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »

For the Dems:
A Progressive-Blue Dog Coalition is established with strong links to the agricultural sector and organized labor.

President: John Bel Edwards
Speaker of the House: Collin Peterson
Senate Majority Leader: Sherrod Brown
DNC Chair: Richard Trumka

For the GOP:
The Paulbot Mafia takes over.

Don't have any ideas precisely for the GOP leadership, although I'd probably like someone like Scott Walker or Greg Abbott for President. On the other hand I like the Democratic leadership you chose, that's what the Democratic Party should be like, going back to their roots as a populist party rather than the coastal liberal party of Obama, Hillary and Pelosi it currently is.

I'd be more than happy to vote for a Blue Dog Democrat
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »

This would give America a proper choice between a pro-business, economically liberal Republican Party and a pro-labor, social democratic Democratic Party.

Sounds terrible, unless we get a third major party that is pro-market (which is not the same as "pro-business" Tongue).

I like the Democratic leadership you chose, that's what the Democratic Party should be like, going back to their roots as a populist party rather than the coastal liberal party of Obama, Hillary and Pelosi it currently is.

Some of those guys have populist appeals, of course, but libertarianism is very different from populism. The way I see it, the former is centered on reason, the latter is centered on whoever screams the loudest. Okay, that's an exaggeration Tongue but I am very much a constitutionalist and a small-r republican over a small-d (wow I laughed at that, am I 12?) democrat. I feel like constitutionalism and populism are generally opposed, but I suppose have overlaps due to their shared opposition to the elites and the loose definition of the latter term (and the former term if you look at what some "constitutional conservatives" support).

I might make a list myself later if I remember to.

Oh I'm aware of that, I know the GOP candidates listed there are libertarians. I was talking about the Democrats on that list, although Blue Dog Democrat may have been a better term than populist
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »

For the rest of the positions mentionned I don't know but for President I'd have Scott Walker on the Republican side and Joe Manchin on the Democratic side
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »

GOP:
President: Scott Walker
Vice President: Mike Pence
Speaker of the House: Jim Jordan
Senate Majority Leader: Marco Rubio
RNC Chair: Paul Ryan
RGA Chair: Matt Bevin
Platform Co-Chairs: Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, and Pat McCrory

Democrats:
Senate Minority Leader: Joe Manchin
House Minority Leader: Collin Peterson
DNC Chair: John Bel Edwards
DGA Chair: John Bel Edwards (doing double duty)

Being pro-life would be a defacto requirement for being a respectable citizen, much less in public life.

This is the best selection I've seen for the GOP and Democratic leadership. I don't particularly care for Rubio but otherwise those party leadership teams look great.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies