Monmouth-VA- tie, youngkin +3, mcauliffe +3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:02:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Monmouth-VA- tie, youngkin +3, mcauliffe +3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monmouth-VA- tie, youngkin +3, mcauliffe +3  (Read 2696 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: October 20, 2021, 01:08:48 PM »

lol

As much as you guys want it to be 2017, it's not going to be 2017. I've just saw a non-public poll that indicates a very similar result. And the polls for this race have been very consistent and within a very narrow field of results. Not a single recent poll has been more than +5 for McAuliffe. Contrast that to 2013, the last time a Dem was in the White House, and McAuliffe lead by at least 5 points in nearly all polls. In 2017, you had at least a few polls that indicated Northam would win by more than 5, and you had the enthusiasm and unpopular incumbent party problem on the Democrat's side. Those are both on the Republican's side this year. The incumbent president's approval has a large effect on this race, and historically drags down the incumbent party. At this point, if you deny that, you're just burying your head in the sand.

My prediction is still at this point to think McAuliffe is going to eek out this race, because the polling in Virginia doesn't tend to have the same biases it does throughout the Midwest and WWC America, but I would not be sitting comfortably right now If I were working for McAuliffe.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 01:12:50 PM »

Good god Biden get it together.  He’s seriously going to cost Dems this race.

How is Biden going to cost Dems the race? Pretty sure he's not a Senator who's voting on bills and holding things up.

How could Biden possibly cost Democrats this race?

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 01:34:04 PM »

lol just log off for a while. Take some deep breaths.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:41:26 PM »

These "likely voter" models are a joke. And they are going to (yet again) be so vastly, comically off that the next polling "scandal" will be about how horribly inaccurate these stupid models are now.

Mark my words.

lol if only you spent the same amount of time/energy critiquing polls in 2020 instead of gloating about them and how accurate they'd be and predicting a fantasy landslide that even those polls didn't support.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 02:02:44 AM »

These "likely voter" models are a joke. And they are going to (yet again) be so vastly, comically off that the next polling "scandal" will be about how horribly inaccurate these stupid models are now.

Mark my words.

Fact of the matter remains that I have NEVER actually predicted a SINGLE election result wrong overall in my entire history on this site. I have predicted a couple highly specific county votes wrong, yes, but EVEN THEN was off only by a few hundred votes and fractions of a percent, and we're talking counties many others predicted would have been landslide victories for Rs. (Namely, Franklin KY and Monongalia WV.) But my record as far as predicting the overall results of ANY major race on this site remains undefeated.

For Elliot Tongue

Im just having some popcorn here Tongue

I had a good laugh of it too, who knew it only took a little sass to trigger him that much.

Just fix that quoting issue there, I don't want someone thinking I typed up all that narcissism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies