🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:33:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German elections (federal & EU level)  (Read 218548 times)
Good Habit
Rookie
Switzerland

« on: September 26, 2021, 07:17:27 AM »

I know some German from high school so I was able to roughly translate this and I got a good laugh out of this. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if I’m translating this correctly she’s saying “Laschet keeps producing a**bombs every day, right up until the last second.”

Well, your translation is correct, but the point, of course, is that he set a very bad example by violating ballot secrecy - which (most likely) is mandatory - (because if your allowed to publish your vote, this will open the flood-gates to vote buying) - so probably, his vote shouldn't be counted, but invalidated...
Good Habit
Rookie
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 03:17:33 PM »

What is the future of die Linke?

Or will they recover? Will 2021 be just a bad year for die Linke like 2013 was for the FDP?

Well, they would have to find a way to rebound within the next few years - their old strongholds are collapsing (In many eastern districts they are now only ranked 5th behind SPD, AfD, Greens and CDU - ) - so it would be unlikely that without a big change, they would make it in the next election, because the margins in 2 of their 3 district seats werent all that comfortable, and Gysi is in his 70is...

So, may be if Scholz with Lindner and the Greens are runnig a very centrist (or - neoliberal) Government, a hard opposition from the left against SPD and Green-Sellouts - entirely on economic politics (and may be NATO), but not at all about migration or cultural issues, might help to revive - otherwise, the chances look dim...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies