Five Dollar Footlong, all month long (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:23:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Five Dollar Footlong, all month long (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long
Italian BMT

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki

Turkey Breast

Tuna

Turkey & Black Forest Ham

Buffalo Chicken

Hell no!  They got no fries at Subway.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Five Dollar Footlong, all month long  (Read 14036 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: February 21, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »

Baguettes, and bātards for that matter, don't really rock my world.  Too crunchy.  I like a bread that soaks up the juices of the sandwich, but maybe I'll give it a go.  I often see Banh Mi on the menu hereabouts, although when I'm in places where it's on the menu, I usually notice the enormous bowl of Pho Thai and Pho Xe Lua on the same menu, and I can never pass up stewed tripe with basil and cilantro and noodles and spicy chiles.  I'd estimate that I have a steaming bowl of pho at least once a week. 

Although I do like a crunchy sourdough bātard when I'm having marinara sauce, and I like to rub it around in the sauce.  They get soggy if you're patient enough. 

Yeah, I don't know of any place in Nashville that just has Banh Mi sandwiches. There were plenty in California, one which was walking distance from my dorms. Of course, here the Vietnamese place is fairly far away so when I do make it there, I end up getting the Pho. I should really try out their Banh Mi one of these days.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »

Sbane, I've always liked pho as well, especially in the big bowl.  Occasionally I order bun ga xao or that thing with a fried egg and pork over rice, but mostly I opt for a big steaming bowl of pho.  And there's very little variation.  I've eaten at Vietnamese restaurants in Massachusetts, Texas, California, Iowa, Minnesota, Florida, Canada, and Pennsylvania--there are four of them within a five-mile radius of my house--and it never varies.  Always the huge bowl of noodles, roast beef, beef tripe, beef balls, cilantro, and chives, served with a plate of bean sprouts, thin-sliced fresh jalapeńos, fresh sweet basil on stems, and small thai chiles.  There's usually a plastic bottle of red chili hot sauce within arm's reach as well.  How can anyone not like that?

I need to get varied in my experience with Vietnamese food. I never get any of the other noodle dishes. My sister gets a vermicelli dish and then steals some of my broth to put on it. I should try that one day. I always get the Pho with everything in it. Whatever they put in it, I will eat. Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »

Baguettes, and bâtards for that matter, don't really rock my world.  Too crunchy.  I like a bread that soaks up the juices of the sandwich, but maybe I'll give it a go.  I often see Banh Mi on the menu hereabouts, although when I'm in places where it's on the menu, I usually notice the enormous bowl of Pho Thai and Pho Xe Lua on the same menu, and I can never pass up stewed tripe with basil and cilantro and noodles and spicy chiles.  I'd estimate that I have a steaming bowl of pho at least once a week. 

Although I do like a crunchy sourdough bâtard when I'm having marinara sauce, and I like to rub it around in the sauce.  They get soggy if you're patient enough. 

Yeah, I don't know of any place in Nashville that just has Banh Mi sandwiches.

Google is your friend Smiley

Interasian Market and Deli
2160 Nolensville Pike

Kien Gang
5845 Charlotte Pike

Oh I have been to Kien Giang multiple times. I meant some place where I won't be tempted by the Pho. Tongue
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »

After the Banh Mi pic I feel like we're crawling around in the gutter with Subway chatter......but if I had to, I'd go meatball.....exactly like Muon takes his with the red onion, lettuce and oregano, on the italian herb bread.

I'm sure there is a Vietnamese place in Pittsburgh. Go try one. And try some pho if you haven't already done so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies