What is more fascist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:54:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What is more fascist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is more fascist?
Minor regulations on Private Property (ie. Dress code, allowing contraceptives, etc)

Degenerating people's political opinions by calling them "Fascist" and then not debating them.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: What is more fascist?  (Read 3831 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:08:47 PM »

I`ve never understood the point behind school uniforms for students - a uniform for teachers I could understand, though...

What'd be the point?  Public school teachers are all paid less than folks of comparable skill levels, so unless they're married to a licenced professional, they're all poor.  The teacher's uniform already exists:  J.C. Penneys sweaters and slacks, Wal-Mart underwear and socks, belts from the Dollar Tree.  Public school students, on the other hand, come from a variety of backgrounds, and they're the one's for whom the schools exist.  And they're the ones in that age-demographic most likely to distract one another with taunts, especially if one's father's income is demonstrably less than another's, as evidenced by the clothes worn.  Needless to say, they all know they're better off financially than their instructors, so there's no point in trying to equalize the faculty by virtue of a dress code.  That said, I'm no fan of school uniforms either, although I wouldn't call it fascist.  fascism by definition involves a political movement, so I guess the first option fits slightly better, though neither fit exactly.  And most real fascists are both Italian and dead anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies