Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40
Author Topic: Georgia grand jury investigating Trump returns indictments  (Read 32332 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: February 02, 2024, 08:47:23 PM »

I get that Trump and his proxies repeat it a lot (so of course the right eats it up), but I've yet to see any actual evidence of this alleged affair that has even the weight of, say, the allegations that Donald Trump is a child rapist

There are bank records indicating that Wade bought items, like travel tickets, for Fani (i.e. he bought the tickets in her name, and Fani used them. So we logically deduce he bought them just for her). The tickets were for trips to Miami and such, payable to agencies like "Vacation Express" and "Royal Caribbean Cruise." From that detail, we can deduce that the travel tickets were for romantic getaways, not business or platonic meetings. And Neither Fani nor Wade have publicly denied the accusations. Wade's wife has a divorce proceeding against Wade, and she alleges infidelity

You were right here.  And this does fail the Caesar's Wife test.

As far as it ending the case against Donald Trump in Georgia... why on Earth would any Republican argue for that, while believing that Donald Trump (whose blatant nepotism and the resultant bribes are a matter of public record) is fit for public office?

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #776 on: February 02, 2024, 09:59:58 PM »

I get that Trump and his proxies repeat it a lot (so of course the right eats it up), but I've yet to see any actual evidence of this alleged affair that has even the weight of, say, the allegations that Donald Trump is a child rapist

There are bank records indicating that Wade bought items, like travel tickets, for Fani (i.e. he bought the tickets in her name, and Fani used them. So we logically deduce he bought them just for her). The tickets were for trips to Miami and such, payable to agencies like "Vacation Express" and "Royal Caribbean Cruise." From that detail, we can deduce that the travel tickets were for romantic getaways, not business or platonic meetings. And Neither Fani nor Wade have publicly denied the accusations. Wade's wife has a divorce proceeding against Wade, and she alleges infidelity

You were right here.  And this does fail the Caesar's Wife test.

As far as it ending the case against Donald Trump in Georgia... why on Earth would any Republican argue for that, while believing that Donald Trump (whose blatant nepotism and the resultant bribes are a matter of public record) is fit for public office?

You mind elaborating? I have never heard of this. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #777 on: February 02, 2024, 10:06:20 PM »

You were right here.  And this does fail the Caesar's Wife test.

You mind elaborating? I have never heard of this.  

“Caesar’s wife must be above reproach” (or “above suspicion”). See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pompeia_(wife_of_Caesar).
Redban

« Reply #778 on: February 09, 2024, 07:10:08 PM »

https://nypost.com/2024/02/09/news/fani-willis-accused-of-lying-about-relationship-timeline-with-trump-prosecutor-nathan-wade-bombshell-court-filing/

New court filing. There are two witnesses who can testify that Wade and Fani began their affair before 2022 - meaning Fani lied in her prior court filing. The witnesses are Terrence Bradley (Wade’s former law partner) and Robin Yeartie (a DA employee who once lived with Fani)
Birdish
United States

« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2024, 08:43:05 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2024, 09:08:17 PM by Birdish »

https://nypost.com/2024/02/09/news/fani-willis-accused-of-lying-about-relationship-timeline-with-trump-prosecutor-nathan-wade-bombshell-court-filing/

New court filing. There are two witnesses who can testify that Wade and Fani began their affair before 2022 - meaning Fani lied in her prior court filing. The witnesses are Terrence Bradley (Wade’s former law partner) and Robin Yeartie (a DA employee who once lived with Fani)

Its 2024, having sex and dating are two very different things.

Edit: Semantics not withstanding though, Fani Willis seems like she messed up big time and not being completely forthright now is going to get her removed from the case.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #780 on: February 09, 2024, 10:00:46 PM »

It’s 2024, having sex and dating are two very different things.

Edit: Semantics not withstanding though, Fani Willis seems like she messed up big time and not being completely forthright now is going to get her removed from the case.

Yep:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #781 on: February 10, 2024, 01:15:43 PM »

Yep:

If true, it would be a basis for an ethics complaint, but none of this prejudiced the defendants in any way.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #782 on: February 10, 2024, 01:48:53 PM »

https://twitter.com/beecherdenys/status/1756118590674112834

Yep:

https://twitter.com/asfleischman/status/1756114020552122633

If true, it would be a basis for an ethics complaint, but none of this prejudiced the defendants in any way.

And none of this prejudiced the defendants in any way?! It's sure as sh*t now absolutely prejudicial atp if they lied in their filings about the start date of their relationship being before or after Wade's appointment to this case because literally the entire point of proving that underlying assertion is that, if it's true that the start date was before, then that constitutes blatant circumstantial evidence of her rewarding him for the relationship & providing him with further incentive to continue prosecuting in exchange for continued income to him that'd then partially flow to Willis by virtue of the relationship & his gratitude to her for his job. That's personal reward flowing directly to Willis predicated directly upon the case's outcome.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #783 on: February 10, 2024, 02:35:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/beecherdenys/status/1756118590674112834

Yep:

https://twitter.com/asfleischman/status/1756114020552122633

And none of this prejudiced the defendants in any way?! It's sure as sh*t now absolutely prejudicial atp if they lied in their filings about the start date of their relationship being before or after Wade's appointment to this case because literally the entire point of proving that underlying assertion is that, if it's true that the start date was before, then that constitutes blatant circumstantial evidence of her rewarding him for the relationship & providing him with further incentive to continue prosecuting in exchange for continued income to him that'd then partially flow to Willis by virtue of the relationship & his gratitude to her for his job. That's personal reward flowing directly to Willis predicated directly upon the case's outcome.

Agree to disagree
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #784 on: February 10, 2024, 04:05:41 PM »

Are you saying if it's true that she lied that the charges should be dismissed, or just that she should be?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #785 on: February 10, 2024, 04:18:48 PM »

Are you saying if it's true that she lied that the charges should be dismissed, or just that she should be?

If it's true that she & Wade lied in their filings, then Fulton should be dismissed, which means:

Whether the alleged misconduct inherently goes to the essential validity of the process & proves so fundamental that the entire prosecution is irreparably tainted is a separate argument for a more sufficiently informed future.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #786 on: February 12, 2024, 06:16:28 PM »

Donald Trump's judge in his Georgia case will hear evidence on prosecutors' romantic relationship after denying District Attorney Fani Willis' request to cancel a Thursday hearing on her potential disqualification

The judge presiding over former President Donald Trump's criminal case in Georgia is moving forward with a Thursday hearing meant to discern whether District Attorney Fani Willis and the rest of the prosecution team should be disqualified from leading the case.

Judge Scott McAfee rejected the prosecutors' request to cancel the hearing — a decision that keeps alive the prospect that Willis may have to testify under oath about her romantic relationship with a special prosecutor, Nathan Wade, whom she hired to help run the case as a contract attorney. Trump and other defendants have alleged that Willis and Wade have conflicts of interest because they have allegedly used income from Wade’s contract to pay for vacations together.

"The state has admitted a relationship existed," McAfee said in court on Monday. "And so, what remains to be proven is the existence and extent of any financial benefit, again, if there even was one. Because I think it's possible that the facts alleged by the defendant could result in disqualification, I think an evidentiary hearing must occur to establish the record on those core allegations."

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #787 on: February 12, 2024, 06:28:12 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #788 on: February 12, 2024, 06:36:32 PM »

I don't follow? Why does Trump being there going to matter to the judge? It's his right I thought.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #789 on: February 12, 2024, 06:46:50 PM »

I don't follow? Why does Trump being there going to matter to the judge? It's his right I thought.

Probably expecting that Trump will be a disturbance in court.
Birdish
United States

« Reply #790 on: February 12, 2024, 06:56:41 PM »

That but I also imagine Trump using the court room as a campaign stop makes the entire effort of removing Willis look more political and less about ethics.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #791 on: February 13, 2024, 09:58:11 AM »

That but I also imagine Trump using the court room as a campaign stop makes the entire effort of removing Willis look more political and less about ethics.

UPDATE:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #792 on: February 13, 2024, 02:42:04 PM »

The fact that the Georgia hearing is livestreamed (and would show Trump sitting in court yet again) while the NYC one isn't, may have also factored into his decision.
Redban

« Reply #793 on: February 14, 2024, 02:28:59 PM »

The hearing in Manhattan criminal court is indeed more imprortant. That hearing will basically determine whether they go to trial on march 25th. He should go that hearing instead
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #794 on: February 15, 2024, 10:01:00 AM »

What are the next moves in this case today if/when Willis is okay to stay on the case?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #795 on: February 15, 2024, 10:43:46 AM »

The testimony so far seems to strongly establish that Willis and Wade began a romantic relationship in 2019, which is well before the 2022 that Wade claimed in his affidavit.  I think the odds are high that Willis will be removed from the case.
Redban

« Reply #796 on: February 15, 2024, 11:24:23 AM »

Watching Wade -- I found his answer about receipts to be cagey. "I had no receipts." But then he says he had bank/credit card statements indicating that he traveled with Fani. So he had documentation showing that he traveled with Fani. But he went with the semantics of "receipts" vs "statements" to say "I had no receipts." Cagey fella
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #797 on: February 15, 2024, 11:46:43 AM »

Fani Willis tried to take Trump down, but only ruined her own career in the process, lmao.
Redban

« Reply #798 on: February 15, 2024, 11:53:41 AM »

LOL @ tattoo parlor in Belize

Wade while squinting his eyes suspiciously: "There was no tattoo parlor"
Attorney in response: "There is a charge for tattoo parlor in the statement"
Wade then stays silent

Wonder what he/Fani got tattooed
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #799 on: February 15, 2024, 12:04:22 PM »

Fani Willis tried to take Trump down, but only ruined her own career in the process, lmao.

How dare she try to hold accountable a president who tried to overturn a fair election.
The nerve black women have these days.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies