Do you own a car?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:33:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you own a car?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Do you own a car?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Do you own a car?  (Read 4246 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2013, 07:13:24 AM »

Christ, you're kind of a Mazda fanatic there dead-man.  Must be boring.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »

I own an old Mazda 323. Can't say anything negative about it. (Except maybe the fuel economy)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »

I own an old Mazda 323. Can't say anything negative about it. (Except maybe the fuel economy)

Yeah sure, they're nice.  But the point is each time one changes car one might try something a little bit different.  (that said, for two decades I drove nothing but enormous American luxury cars.. but obviously that's a special case).
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »

The current Euro-spec 5-Series wagon makes me very jealous as an American.

The old 5-Series wagon from the 1989-1994 era was pretty amazing (I had a 1990 5-Series sedan immediately before the 3-Series wagon that I drove into the ground) because it had a normal sunroof in front and an enormous second one in back, making for basically open-top driving. There was also a very rare M version of that model which, to my knowledge, was the only M wagon BMW has ever offered. The next 2 generations of 5-Series wagon both were offered in the U.S.; I think the current one you picture here is the first and only one that hasn't been.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 05:50:45 AM »

The old 5-Series wagon from the 1989-1994 era was pretty amazing (I had a 1990 5-Series sedan immediately before the 3-Series wagon that I drove into the ground)

Everything was better in the past....
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »

The current Euro-spec 5-Series wagon makes me very jealous as an American.

The old 5-Series wagon from the 1989-1994 era was pretty amazing (I had a 1990 5-Series sedan immediately before the 3-Series wagon that I drove into the ground) because it had a normal sunroof in front and an enormous second one in back, making for basically open-top driving. There was also a very rare M version of that model which, to my knowledge, was the only M wagon BMW has ever offered. The next 2 generations of 5-Series wagon both were offered in the U.S.; I think the current one you picture here is the first and only one that hasn't been.

Old Bimmers are better Bimmers. The stuff they make now is pretty much destined to go to pot after no more than two years, I'm sorry to say. And they've made the 3 Series too big and bloated; it's not the zippy little thing it used to be.

When Indy Texas was little, Texas Père drove a 735iL that was like a motorized Teutonic castle as far as a two year old was concerned. I could sit on the floorboards between the front and back seats without touching either one. That was the last BMW he owned for several years until the disaster that was the late-2000s 5 Series, which at one point had to be towed out of the garage directly to the shop. He drove 3 Series loaner cars from the dealership more often than he drove the car he had actually purchased.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »

I have a driver's license, but I don't have occasion to drive. I haven't ever driven a car without someone else in the passenger's seat.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2013, 06:53:33 AM »

Old Bimmers cars are better Bimmers cars. The stuff they make now is pretty much destined to go to pot after no more than two years, I'm sorry to say.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2013, 08:04:53 PM »

I have the title for 2 cars.  A dying beater (96 Mazda Protege) and the best car I've ever owned (06 Mazda 3).
The dying beater is dead.  It's been replaced by a '08 Mazda CX-7.

Now for my review.  It's fast.  Not as fast as my 87 RX7 TurboII or my 00 VW Golf, probably about as fast as the 3.  Handles good considering how tall it is.  Heated seats are great.  sh**tty millage.  My favorite feature, one I didn't even know existed, is the head light angle changer thingy.  The AM radio doesn't pick up stations for some reason.  Enough (not plenty of) rear seat legroom.  I like it, but it makes me appreciate the go-cartiness of the 3.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »

No (unlicensed)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »

Checking out an 05 Civic tomorrow.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »

It's been replaced by a '08 Mazda CX-7.

Now for my review.  It's fast.  Not as fast as my 87 RX7 TurboII or my 00 VW Golf, probably about as fast as the 3.  Handles good considering how tall it is.  Heated seats are great.  sh**tty millage.  My favorite feature, one I didn't even know existed, is the head light angle changer thingy.  The AM radio doesn't pick up stations for some reason.  Enough (not plenty of) rear seat legroom.  I like it, but it makes me appreciate the go-cartiness of the 3.

Good lord, just looked this thing up.  Its actually a van with a turbocharged four cylinder engine?  Good god, how low things have fallen.  Better get rid of it before it blows up.

Have you ever driven a real car dead0?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies