Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 95349 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 08:35:28 AM »

Even if Joe Biden accomplished nothing else, if all he managed to do was to pack SCOTUS with 8 new seats, I would still consider his presidency to be a smashing success.

This either says a lot of things about you or a lot of things about the utter lunacy of the American political system. Or both.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 07:41:18 AM »

MillennialMAModerate shouldn't change his display name to "MillennialMarkey" as many are suggesting, but to "MillennialMalarkey" - all his predictions are malarkey!
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 11:11:24 AM by The legend of Saint Giorgia and the Draghi »

The usage of the pronoun "it" to refer to little children, which apparently is not uncommon in English, irks me and strikes me as dehumanizing.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »

it's eye roll worthy when some people are like asian americans are under constant fear for their lives due to hate crimes because of covid in america, a whopping 51 people died from hate crimes in america in 2019, not just asian, all total hate crimes combined. you are over three times more likely to die choking yourself from pleasure masturbating than dying in a hate crime in america lol

...more than 150 people died from sexual asphyxiation in the USA in 2019? What the damn heck?
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2021, 01:19:21 PM »

it's eye roll worthy when some people are like asian americans are under constant fear for their lives due to hate crimes because of covid in america, a whopping 51 people died from hate crimes in america in 2019, not just asian, all total hate crimes combined. you are over three times more likely to die choking yourself from pleasure masturbating than dying in a hate crime in america lol

...more than 150 people died from sexual asphyxiation in the USA in 2019? What the damn heck?

SoCon Theocrat KD activated.

For my part, SoCon Theocrat BM is always activated.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2021, 04:03:58 PM »

I think I would have voted No to most Irish constitutional referenda on principle purely because I believe certain matters should be outside of the scope of a constitution.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »

I think I would have voted No to most Irish constitutional referenda on principle purely because I believe certain matters should be outside of the scope of a constitution.
Oh man just wait until you learn about Florida's combination oil drilling/vaping ban, enshrined in the Constitution forever.

...wow. I am starting to think Florida might need a new, lighter, state constitution.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 07:20:32 AM »

Oh man just wait until you learn about Florida's combination oil drilling/vaping ban, enshrined in the Constitution forever.

...wow. I am starting to think Florida might need a new, lighter, state constitution.
You're not wrong, but it's not even the state most in need of this.

Damn. Alabama is a failed state.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2023, 10:59:31 AM »

Uttar Pradesh and Henan are kind of like parallels, both historically very important, both have large populations, and both are seen as crappy places by the people of their respective countries.

In terms of historical importance there's another analogy to be made with Bihar and Shaanxi.

The North-South demographic/cultural divides within India/the subcontinent and China proper map well onto one another, but the West-East economic/cultural divides are reversed.

Some of the clearer parallels:
Delhi = Beijing
Mumbai = Shanghai
Gujarat + Maharashtra = Lower Yangtze region
Tamil Nadu = Guangdong
Kerala = Fujian
Greater Punjab (India + Pakistan) = Shandong + Manchuria
Greater Bengal (India + Bangladesh) = Sichuan + Chongqing
Sri Lanka = Taiwan and/or Hainan (both work IMO)

As I alluded to in this post, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Taiwan, and Hong Kong only exist as autonomous/independent polities because of European colonialism and imperialism. Culturally they're not that different from neighboring parts of India (Punjab + Hariyana, West Bengal) and China (Central Guangdong, Southern Fujian), which have more in common culturally with PK/BD/TW/HK than they do with say Tamil Nadu or Manchuria.

What does European colonialism have to do with Taiwan being de facto independent from mainland China? In fact European colonialism is arguably the reason Taiwan is culturally similar to Fujian in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies