MasterJedi's Senate HQ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:00:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MasterJedi's Senate HQ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MasterJedi's Senate HQ  (Read 6686 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 20, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »

Since I didn't have one of these I guess I should start one. Though I have made it clear before I want all Midwesterners to send me their concerns, I am your Senator.

As I have just done I made if official that I'm running for re-election in June. Normally I wouldn't annouce this early but I've noticed that I already have a challenger so the sooner the better to announce my intentions I guess! Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »

Well the election is coming up so I'm bumping this off the last page since I need to get my campaign going.

I've stayed active while in the Senate and haven't missed a single vote. This session as PPT I've kept the Senate active and running properly while casting votes for the benefit of all Atlasia. Though I'll campaign more later I hope all Midwest citizens will give me the honor of serving another term as your Senator.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »

Senate MasterJedi,

I know that I am not in your region, but as who might be in the senate with you. If you are reelected, what will do to try to get more people, new and old, more active? I know this may be a hard question to answer, but I would like to hear your ideas on this.

What I'd like to do is to get everyone to take PiT's approach. Everyone needs to do their part to try and talk to new members to the forum and see if they would be interested in getting involved in Atlasia but only if they stay active and participate. We don't need more zombie voters just to say we have so many voters. As it is now a lot of voters we have now just come out to vote and do nothing.

What I don't think we need is a system with a lower house that has everyone participate. Since a lot of people don't seem to want to participate besides vote in the elections there would almost bo no progress passing bills because of the numbers that would need to be drug in to get things passed. And then if bills would need to pass both houses it would almost never happen making the whole thing a pointless process.

And in the end it takes the focus off of the actual elections which is one of the major things about Atlasia. So what we really need to do is get more people who will stay active and actually run for jobs and then actually continue to stay active while in that post, not a change in government.

MasterJedi, this question has been posed to your opponent and is asked of you as well:

As we have no members of either the JCP or the DA running for this seat, what if anything will you do to appeal to leftist voters such as myself?  I will ask the same question of Senator MasterJedi.

I believe I have done plenty that the left and the right can appreciate in Atlasia, in my first time in the Senate and this time as well. I have passed many bills that would appeal to the left such as these:
Atlasian National Parks Act
Prescription Drug Reimporation Act (later addition that I also passed added more countries)
Atlasian Wetlands Act
Asbestos Ban Act (later amended and I got it back)
Adoption Act

Besides that I have voted for other bills that have angered others in my party. I have also recenlty voted for the High Speed Rail Act, Veterans' Care Act and the Workers' Bill of rights Act. In addition to that I voted against the Atlasian Agriculture Reinvestment Act because I'd rather keep the amount of farm subsidies we have and not let the big farming corporations that currently mostly get them and give them to the small family and organic farmers that actually need them to help out what remaining small farmers we have around this great nation.

As I have promised before I will continue to look at each bill and vote on each bill on its own merit and how I believe it will help and hurt Atlasia. My oponant, Vepres, has made it clear that he favors a small government. I don't favor either a small or large government but what is needed by the country. If that makes it so we need more government in a certain area I'll vote for that but I will also vote to trim it down in another area if that's how it's best needed.

I hope everyone and not just you would go and look how I've kept the Senate running in tip top shape this past month and have never missed a vote these last two Senate terms. I've cast bills all over the spectrum and will continue to do that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »

MasterJedi comes to you from Des Moines, Confusion

Coming back from work today I come on and find that Vepres, who doesn't even really know me, is attacking me yet again saying that I'm not represening the Midwest or its citizens and I will say that I am getting irritated about it. He doesn't know me but yet he can say all this stuff about me. But I won't do that to him, I won't attack him for being an overeager new guy. It's what we need.

In the Senate I have represented the Midwest well by voting for bills all accross the political spectrum. The Midwest is a liberal region economically and with my views and the way I have voted it is clear that I will represent the citizens of the Midwest better.

Besides that with my busy schedule all I can say now (because I need to do homework for my summer class) is that based on my record it is clear I have represented the Midwest well and will continue to do so if you honor me by re-electing me.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »

MasterJedi comes to you from Des Moines, Confusion

Coming back from work today I come on and find that Vepres, who doesn't even really know me, is attacking me yet again saying that I'm not represening the Midwest or its citizens and I will say that I am getting irritated about it. He doesn't know me but yet he can say all this stuff about me. But I won't do that to him, I won't attack him for being an overeager new guy. It's what we need.

In the Senate I have represented the Midwest well by voting for bills all accross the political spectrum. The Midwest is a liberal region economically and with my views and the way I have voted it is clear that I will represent the citizens of the Midwest better.

Besides that with my busy schedule all I can say now (because I need to do homework for my summer class) is that based on my record it is clear I have represented the Midwest well and will continue to do so if you honor me by re-electing me.

I hope you didn't take my attacks personally, and if you did I apologize.

I didn't, but it's just a game for fun. So when I come back and have to do a bunch of work and that's what I see it's annoying. We should focus on the issues and everything, not on attacking the other person.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:07:02 AM »

You better start campaigning. Only two weeks until the election, and it is imperative for the RPP that you win.

Good luck. Smiley

Lets say that I have enough time to run the Senate and debate and be active in it. But when I throw in work and a summer online class and then trying to debate while having time to relax it gets really busy. Tongue

I'll make a speech later today though.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »

My campaign stop will have to be postponed until tomorrow. The big storm we had here knocked out the power for 6 hours and then I was doing homework for my class and I need to get to sleep so I can wake up for work tomorrow morning. So see you all bright and early tomorrow! Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:10:23 AM »

Speech from Topeka, Enthusiasm

As I promised yesterday here I am delivering this speech to you all bright and early. But before we begin I want to thank everyone so far for their endorsements and support.

Well anyways frankly I don't know what to campaign on besides my record. I've been around long enough that almost everyone, except those that are relatively new to Atlasia know my stances on the issues. So because of this I'll just tell you my current views on the bills currently on the Senate floor.

School Salad Bar Establishment Bill: Support
Establishment of Social and Economic Development Zones Bill: Support
Affirmative Action Bill: Support the veto override
Privacy Protection Bill: Support
Resolution Compelling the President to Appoint a New GM: Support
School Standards Reform Bill: Support

So I basically support everything that's before the Senate. I ask that everyone continues to watch how I vote in the Senate and as always I welcome questions from everyone, not just those in my region. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »

I won? I seriously won? W00t! Grin That was so close there at the end and I was worried I wasn't going to make it without Gustaf's vote but I guess it happened. I'm still a little shocked myself.

I'd like to thank Fritz for making that one hell of a race that went down to the end and helped show that if people ran regional races can actually be exciting too! I wish him luck in the future in whatever he chooses to do (except if it's challange me again! Tongue).

Either way I have work early tomorrow so thank you to ALL who have voted for me and given me 4 more months in the Senate! Good night Atlasia!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »

A bit of news. As far as I'm aware of legislation wise (amendments, resolutions and bills) the 31st Senate has tied the 13th Senate as the most active Senate in history!

What's the common point there? I was PPT during both of these sessions and we may be able to break that record before this Senate is over with! Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

I've been busy but I want to come in here before too much time has passed and thank everyone who congratulated me. I'll do the best I can in the upcoming Senate session and hope I can make it as good as this one, with even more debate.

And because of that I'm announcing now that I will be running for re-election as PPT.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »

A bit of news. As far as I'm aware of legislation wise (amendments, resolutions and bills) the 31st Senate has tied the 13th Senate as the most active Senate in history!

What's the common point there? I was PPT during both of these sessions and we may be able to break that record before this Senate is over with! Smiley

It is a testament to your fine job as PPT. However, too many bills passing may indicate lack of debate and too much compromise (though since Marokai entered, there has been sufficient debate, IMO). Still, congratulations.

I agree that MJ has been a great PPT, but I don't think the level of debate has diminished from previous sessions, nor has it increased with Marokai. He has just been one of the rare PPTs that keep items on the floor moving along, ensuring that Senators don't dilly-dally on legislation.

Unfortunately, that isn't to exempt us from a few failings this term. The Senate is, as it has been for quite some time, a mostly reactionary body. Too often we deal with uncontroversial issues that garner wide-ranging support. And when controversial legislation is presented that deals with progressive and forward-looking change, too often compromise is nowhere to be seen.

Yes, where is health care, economic stimulus (if BrandonH says it's bad), and cap-and-trade.

Well cap-and-trade failed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 08:47:51 PM »

Well there are two reasons for me posting here. One is to announce that no matter what happens in the upcoming Senate elections I will be running for another term as PPT during the next Senate session. I believe I've kept the Senate well oiled and running smoothly along with not letting politics sway the job I've done.

And the less important reason is to bump this thread up for my constituents.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »

Milwaukee, WI- MasterJedi takes the stage

I come to you all today from my home state and where I first joined Atlasia. Since then I have been Secretary of the Treasury, Senator from the Mideast for over a year and a half, Secretary of External Affairs and finally I’m the current Senator from the Midwest in my second term.

During my time here I’ve seen many things over the years I’ve seen many people active in Atlasia and many administrations come and go. And I feel that it is time that I throw my hat into the ring to lead this great nation. I had hoped this would have been a surprise announcement but that cat has been out of the bag for at least two weeks now so I won’t build it up dramatically to announce at the end of this speech.

Now I’m assuming that I will be running against Lief/Bacon King until further notice. Lief hasn’t been a bad President but I believe I can do better. I won’t get into that now as I’m still in the process of finalizing the platform with my VP candidate and this is only an announcement.

Being re-elected PPT won’t stop or slow down this Presidential campaign in any meaningful way. I’ll still continue to run the Senate while giving speeches and being active in both and especially in the debate, whenever that comes around.

I’ll be announcing my pick for the Vice Presidency on Monday so hopefully that still will be a surprise. Let the speculation run rampant. I will say that he is a very well respected Atlasian and will bring much to this ticket and hopefully to the office of the Vice Presidency come October. Once that happens and once we're dong with our platform we'll announce that shortly afterword and get this campaign kicked into full gear!

I’ll work my hard to win and I hope Atlasia will reward me in the end. That’s all for now folks, have a good evening and may God bless Atlasia.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »

Well today is that magical day, the day I announce my VP to about 25% of Atlasia that doesn't know. Though I'd have liked it to be a surprise it's not the end of the wold that most know. Anyways, on to my pick.

I'll make this shortish and sweet since I have a bunch of work to do today. After Franzl dropped off the ticket I took some time and thought of who would be best to replace him. I finally came to one of the most respected Atlasians. He truly knows and believes what his party says; that person and party are seperate. That one doesn't speak for all and that all don't speak for one. He is a current respected Governor and ran for President last year and came close to winning. In the end I felt that AndrewCT would be the best person to help me to victory over Franzl and likely Lief.

And to close this off quickly I'll be starting a campaign thread so this will be the last announcement htat will be made in this thread. And our campaign also has a banner to unveil. So in conclustion: MasterJedi/AndrewCT for true strength and victory in Atlasia!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies