French , German, English and other languages.. post links to new threads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:20:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  French , German, English and other languages.. post links to new threads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which can you speak and understand?
366 day poll
English

French

German

Other language(s)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: French , German, English and other languages.. post links to new threads  (Read 1025 times)
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 26, 2023, 10:55:00 AM »

I love how in discord voice chat, they say i have a french accent while I can't even speak french.

Yeah a bit maybe, but my knowledge of vocabulary and grammar is weak. I suppose i understand why they say i have a french accent though, my french sounds are solid when it comes to surnames etc.

French sounds are easier than the typical dutch sounds of dutch (i don't speak really dutch like the dutch do), our regional variant is different.

Side note, I had a professor who had a French accent and a Dutch last name. I assumed he was Belgian. A few weeks into the class, he confirmed it and I felt like Sherlock Holmes.

I can vaguely read French and maybe understand if someone spoke slow enough.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies