VA-SurveyUSA: Obama continues to lead by a healthy margin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:27:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  VA-SurveyUSA: Obama continues to lead by a healthy margin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-SurveyUSA: Obama continues to lead by a healthy margin  (Read 3098 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 27, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »

This has gotta be the 20th time where I've been forced to re-iterate my point about SUSA and party ID.  You can't just throw SUSA polls out because their partisan spread looks off.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »

This has gotta be the 20th time where I've been forced to re-iterate my point about SUSA and party ID.  You can't just throw SUSA polls out because their partisan spread looks off.

Okay I'll throw it out because it has too many young voters and the regional breakdowns are off.

In 2004, 17% of Virginia voters were under 30.  Assuming that only 1/4 of the 30-44 demographic in Virginia was under 35 (probably generous to your argument), we're now up to exactly 25%.  Which is, coincidentally, exactly the sample this poll has.

What about the regional break-down is a red flag to you?  Keep in mind that the MoEs on those range from +/-7.2% to +/-8.3%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies