Midterm Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:54:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Midterm Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which type of game do you prefer and which year?
Simulated presidential election and subsequent midterm with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (My original idea)

Midterm and subsequent played presidential election with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (NYE's idea)

Pick a single CD and have everyone run it (Del Tachi's idea, if this is picked we'll also need a vote on CD, based on the year that was picked)

2022 (simulated 2020)

Other year, please specify below

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Midterm Game Thread  (Read 5140 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: September 07, 2020, 10:18:52 AM »

Can I run as Doug Jones against Bob Riley?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2020, 02:00:07 PM by Rep. FalterinArc »

Former U.S Attorney Doug Jones announces bid for governor
May 11, 2005

Yesterday, former United States Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama Doug Jones announced he will take on incumbent Alabama governor Bob Riley in the gubernatorial election next November. Riley narrowly unseated incumbent governor Don Siegelman in 2002. Siegelman is also attempting a comeback as governor but may be hampered by his 2004 indictment, although the charges were eventually dropped. Also running in the Dmocratic primary is Lucy Baxley, the incumbent Lieutenant Governor. Jones is perhaps best known for prosecuting the Birmingham church bombers. He describes himself as a moderate but we will see if that will be enough to pull off an upset in this heavily Republican state.
Credit: Wikimedia Commons url=https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Doug_Jones_(politician)_in_2002#/media/File:Doug_Jones_Cherry_Trial_(cropped).jpg
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:17:14 PM »

Can we get county results for internal polling?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 02:29:26 PM »

I'm working on Doug Jones' schedule, but I was wondering how many points it will take to get an endorsement from Artur Davis and if we always start with two million at the beginning of our term or can we save money from the prior turn?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 09:40:51 PM »

One more question before I post. Can I list a debate in my schedule or do I have to receive a confirmation the Non-player candidates accepted?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2020, 01:20:05 AM by Rep. FalterinArc »

Doug Jones schedule:
May 12: Campaign launch in Montgomery
May 13-16: Go door to door with press and shake hands with voters in Montgomery
May 17-20: Conduct interviews with various local radio stations
Excerpt form May 18 interview with local NPR statio
Host: Mr. Jones what do you bring to the race that Governor Siegelman and Lieutenant Governor Baxley don't?
Jones: I bring a lot of conviction. I haven't been a politician all my life. I'm just a man who wants to do his best for the people of Alabama
Host: Our state of course, is very deep Republican one. Do you really think you can defeat Governor Riley next November?
Jones: I certainly believe I can. Bob Riley barely won last time. Now the people have seen how he has failed as a leader and I can be a uniter. I don't look at our state and see divisions, I see an opportunity for unity.
Host: Well thank you for coming on Mr. Jones.
Jones: Thank you.
May 21: Spend 500,000 $ to run a thirty second ad letting voters know who Doug Jones is and emphasizing prosecuting the Birmingham bomber
May 22-June 3: Barnstorm across Southwest Alabama including Mobile
June 4: Spend two credits to recieve an endorsement from Artur Davis
June 5: Host a fundraiser in Selma with Artur Davis to raise money for the Jones campaign and for Alabama Democrats.
June 6: Hold town hall in Selma to discuss local issues
June 7: Use 250,000 $ to run ads in Davis's district highlighting his endorsement
June 8-22: Heavily campaign in Davis's district
June 23-June 30: take a one week break from campaigning in person
July 4: Host a barbecue in Hunstville as a chance to meet face-to-face with voters
July 5-30: Barnstorm in various locations across the state.
July 31: Visit Steel mill in Fairfield, Alabama with press and emphasize how ather worked at steel mill.
August 1: Spend 60,000$ to receive a three way-poll between Siegelman, Baxley and Jones. My second and third question will be to get a race and gender breakdown of the polling. The final three questions will be head to head polling with Riley with the three different Democratic candidates.
August 2: Meet with young voters at Auburn University to discuss my plans for Alabama's future.
August 3-14: Barnstorm across the whole state to spread word of the upcoming rally in Tuscaloosa
August 16: rally with Senator Hillary Clinton in Tuscaloosa
Excerpt from rally
We are truly building a uniting coalition. I am truly honored to have the support of the entire Alabama congressional delegation and from Senator Clinton. I've always been very gracious to her and her family. When President Clinton appointed me attorney he saw that I am a strong advocate for the disadvantaged in our society. That I truly believe that helping our fellow neighbor is an Alabama value. I am grateful that he trusted my judgement 8 years ago and I'll hope you'll do the same.
August 17:Hold fundraiser in Tuscaloosa with 100$ entry fee.
August 18-25: Take a one week break from campaigning person
August 26: Challenge Baxley and Siegelman to a debate in September
August 27-30: Temporarily suspend campaigning due to Hurricane Katrina
August 30: Meet with Hurricane Katrina victims with my fellow primary candidates to show unity
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »

Can I claim Baron Hill as well?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 11:32:57 AM »

Granted, though the turn deadline is still the same for your new character
On second thought, I'll just stick with Doug Jones. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 02:52:45 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2020, 10:41:01 PM by Rep. FalterinArc »

Doug Jones September schedule
September 1-10: Meet with Alabamans affected by Katrina and deliver groceries from Costco to them.
September 11: Travel to the 9/11 Memorial Walk in Birmingham
Remarks to press on 9/11/05
Look, I'm not here to answer political questions, I'm here to honor those who lost their lives that day. Though Alabama was not the physical target of the attacks, we felt pain collectively as a nation and we will never forget what happened four years ago.
September 12: Endorse Sam Jones for election as mayor of Mobile.
September 13: Spend 20,000 $ to get an opinion poll showing Alabaman's approval of Bob Riley's handling of Katrina and George W. Bush's handling of Katrina
September 13-14: Take two days to rest and drive to Huntsville
September 15: rally with senator Hillary Clinton in Huntsville
September 16-23: Barnstorm Limestone and Madison counties
September 23-30: Host various fundraisers for Alabama state house and senate candidates.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »

ditto to the previous two comments
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »

I didn't want to add on another race earlier because I didn't feel like I had enough time to make another schedule before September 12 but now with no one playing specific house candidates, would you prefer if some people added an extra race?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »

Fall Schedule for Doug Jones
October 2: Attend NASCAR race in Talladega
October 3-6: Unveil campaign logo and begin selling merchandise for the campaign.
Campaign Logo:

October 7: Rally with Senator Hillary Clinton in Mobile, Alabama
October 8-15: Male a targeted appeal appeal to Black Voters by holding campaign events in black neighborhoods in Mobile and meeting with local community leaders.
October 16: Interview with WTVM 13 News in Alabama.
Interviewer: You've been very critical of the Alabama Republican party. What would you say is the main problem with the state party?
Doug Jones: I think the main problem with Alabama Republicans is they have been trying to trying
Theyv'e pushed the state in such a radical direction that you have Roy Moore, a complete wacko is considered a serious candidate for governor. We need to kick this extremism to the curb.
Interviewer: The typical winning strategy for southern Republicans is to pain their opponents as liberals-in-disguise. How do you plan to fight those charges?
Doug Jones: I trust that the Alabaman people will see throught those lies. I'm not here to infringe on the second amendment or force the state to have gay marriage or anything. I'm a common-sense Democrat who will reach across the aisle with the legislature to get positive results for Alabama.
Interviewer: Do you have any comment on Don Siegelman's conduct in office?
Doug Jones: Here's the thing, I don't know whether the charges were politically motivated or not. The point is, it's bad either way. On the one hand, if they are true we'll be nominating someone guilty of fraud, on the other hand, if they're not, we'll be nominating someone who's been accused of fraud and weakened as a candidate. I fail to see why Governor Siegelman would do any better after being accused than before.
October 17: Release internal polling for the campaign
Results:
Siegelman: 40 Jones: 35 Baxley: 25
Crosstsabs:
Whites:
Siegelman: 65 Jones: 20 Baxley: 15
AA:
Jones: 55 Baxley: 40 Siegelman: 5
Female:
Baxley: 60 Jones: 30 Siegelman: 10
Male:
Siegelman: 60 Jones: 25 Baxley: 15

October 18: Spend 4 credits to get an endorsement from Bud Cramer
October 19-30: Campaign across Cramer's district and spend 100,000$ to get ads on the radio highlighting his endorsement
October 31: Hand out candy to local trick or treaters in Alabama
November 1-7: Campaign in Birmingham with family
November 8: Host an election night party with campaign staff
November 8-11: Take a weekend off campaigning
November 11: Drive to Montgomery with staff.
November 12-14: Go door to door to meet voters in Montgomery
November 15: Debate with Baxley and Siegelman in Montgomery
November 16: Travel to Huntsville
November 17-23: Campaign across Hunstville
November 24-29: Take a couple days off campaigning to celebrate Thanksgiving.
November 30: Conduct an internal three-way poll between Baxley, Siegelman and Jones
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies