Midterm Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Midterm Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which type of game do you prefer and which year?
Simulated presidential election and subsequent midterm with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (My original idea)

Midterm and subsequent played presidential election with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (NYE's idea)

Pick a single CD and have everyone run it (Del Tachi's idea, if this is picked we'll also need a vote on CD, based on the year that was picked)

2022 (simulated 2020)

Other year, please specify below

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Midterm Game Thread  (Read 5142 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: September 02, 2020, 11:09:03 PM »

So, please vote on what type of game you want above and if you want something else please specify below, this will also serve as the game thread, once the type of game desired is decided. NOTE: I thought it would be appropriate for the midterm/president game to have the midterm occur first, that way people who only want to play the midterm game can opt out for the second half.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:14:10 PM »

Obviously, I'm going to back my own idea.

If the 2006 midterms/2008 Presidential elections get chosen, BTW, I'm letting you know in advance that I want to play as Hillary Clinton (she was up for reelection to her Senate seat in 2006.)

ok, noted
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 01:41:36 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2020, 12:20:02 AM by Speaker of the Lincoln Council S019 »

So, by a large majority, the game chosen is NYE's idea of a midterm and then a presidential election and we will start in 2006.

I will now open the game to those who wish to join and those who would like to reserve their candidates, (note NYE has already reserved Hillary Clinton for both games)

You may pick from any of these incumbents or you may be a challenger (if you are sure if the choice of a challenger is unrealistic, PM me before requesting, but I'll be very lenient with which challengers to allow)

Anyways Senate:

Arizona Kyl (R)
California Feinstein (D)
Primary Challenger: Kamala Harris (D)——AshtonShabazz
Connecticut Lieberman (D)
R Candidate: John McKinney (R)----FairBol
Delaware Carper (D)
Florida Nelson (D)
Hawaii Akaka (D)
Indiana Lugar (R)
Maine Snowe (R)
Maryland OPEN (D) (Sarbanes retired)
Massachusetts Kennedy (D)
Michigan Stabenow (D)
Minnesota OPEN (D) (Dayton retired)
Mississippi Lott (R)
Missouri Talent (R)
Montana Burns (R)
Nebraska Nelson (D)
Nevada Ensign (R)
New Jersey Menendez (D)
New Mexico Bingaman (D)
New York Clinton (D)-----New York Express
Ohio DeWine (R)
Pennsylvania Santorum (R)
Rhode Island Chafee (R) )
Tennessee OPEN (R) (Frist retired)
D Candidate: Harold Ford Jr.-----JacksonHitchcock
Texas Hutchison (R)
Utah Hatch (R)
Washington Cantwell (D)
West Virginia Byrd (D)
Vermont OPEN (D/I)
D Candidate: Bernie Sanders (D)----GotFan
R Candidat: Jim Douglas (R)----KaiserDave
Virginia Allen (R)-----South Carolina Aaron
Wisconsin Kohl (D)
Wyoming Thomas (R)

House:

You may pick any House incumbent other than those below (you may still run as a candidate for the seat though), you are of course also welcome to run for a challenger to any seat

AZ-08: Jim Kolbe (R)
CA-22: Bill Thomas (R)
CO-05: Joel Hefley (R)
FL-09: Michael Bilirakis (R)
IL-06: Henry Hyde (R)
IL-17: Lane Evans (D)
MN-05: Martin Olav Sabo (D)
NY-11: Major Owens (D)
NY-24: Sherwood Bohlert (R)
OH-04: Mike Oxley (R)
OH-18: Bob Ney (R)
TN-01: William Jenkins (R)

Governor:

Alabama Riley (R)
D Candidate: Doug Jones (D)-----FalterinArc
Alaska Murkowski (R)
Arizona Napolitano (D)
Arkansas OPEN (R) (Huckabee retired)
California Schwarzenegger (R)
Colorado OPEN (R) (Owens retired)
Connecticut Rell (R)
Florida OPEN (R) (Bush retired)
Georgia Perdue (R)
Hawaii Lingle (R)
Idaho OPEN (R) (Risch retired)
Illinois Blagojevich (D)
Iowa OPEN (D) (Vilsack retired)
Kansas Sebelius (D)
Maine Baldacci (D)
Maryland Ehrlich (R)
Massachusetts OPEN (R) (Romney retired)
Michigan Granholm (D)
Minnesota Pawlenty (R)
Nebraska Heineman (R)
Nevada OPEN (R) (Guinn retired)
New Hampshire Lynch (D)
New Mexico Richardson (D)
New York OPEN (R) (Pataki retired)
R Candidate: Bill Weld (R)———Ishan
D Candidate: Tom Suozzi (D)-----New York Express
Ohio OPEN (R) (Taft retired)
Oklahoma Henry (D)
Oregon Kulongoski (D)
Pennsylvania Rendell (D)
Rhode Island Carcieri (R)
South Carolina Sanford (R)
South Dakota Rounds (R)
Tennessee Bredesen (D)
Texas Perry (R)
Vermont OPEN (R) (Douglas Retired)
Wisconsin Doyle (D)
Wyoming Freudenthal (D)

Also available to be played

NRSC Chair: RGM2609
DSCC Chair: NewYorkExpress
NRCC Chair: RGM2609
DCCC Chair: JacksonHitchcock
DGA Chair:
NGA Chair:

Due to the unusually high amount of races in this game, the rules are that you can claim two races and one chair position (I will bump it to three races, if needed), people are now welcome to sign up, polling for these races as well as the first turn will be up soon (I know that the chairs are also elected officials, but I think that this system will make it easier for those who wish to run the campaigns to run them).

I will explain more rules once the turn is up (this is for those who want to play, to start thinking about who they would like to play as, but I wouldn't recommend choosing until the polling numbers are up, also for the sake of simplicity, I used the IRL retirements of incumbents who did not retire to pursue higher office.)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2020, 02:37:59 PM by Speaker of the Lincoln Council S019 »

I never said Hillary was actually going to run for President in 2008... I mean, that's the obvious assumption, but I never said that.

Also, I'd like to claim San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris, who I would like to wage a long-shot primary campaign for Governor of California against Arnold Schwarzneggar.

Okay noted, also I can confirm that Harris is reserved

I never said Hillary was actually going to run for President in 2008... I mean, that's the obvious assumption, but I never said that.

Also, I'd like to claim San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris, who I would like to wage a long-shot primary campaign for Governor of California against Arnold Schwarzneggar.

I already claimed her.

Can confirm, will provide PM records if needed

For Pataki's seat, I'd like to claim Bill Weld

Noted

Could I head both the NRCC and the NRSC and take no races?

Since these roles will likely have low demand, I’ll allow this unless someone else who has no committees requests one of these committees
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 01:04:40 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2020, 01:09:03 AM by Speaker of the Lincoln Council S019 »

I'd like to be like RGM and claim the DSCC and DCCC but I'd like to hard claim the DCCC and if someone wants to take the DSCC I'll take Harold Ford Jr. running for TN Senate.  

Since NYE expressed interest in one of these committees, I'll reserve the DCCC for you, however since he doesn't have a committee, I'll give him priority for the DSCC. Also Ford is reserved for you, depending on what NYE decides.

EDIT: NYE has claimed the DSCC, so I've reserved Harold Ford for you

Very well, for my second race, I'll take Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi (an actual candidate for Governor of New York in 2006- he lost in the primary to Eliot Spitzer.)

I'm also willing to play as either the chair of the DSCC or the DCCC depending on what other players decide to do.

Noted, also JacksonHitchcock has reserved the DCCC, would you like to reserve the DSCC (it's unclear from your post, if you wish to or not)

May I claim Bernie Sanders in Vermont?

Noted
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 01:07:55 AM »

I'd like to be like RGM and claim the DSCC and DCCC but I'd like to hard claim the DCCC and if someone wants to take the DSCC I'll take Harold Ford Jr. running for TN Senate.  

Since NYE expressed interest in one of these committees, I'll reserve the DCCC for you, however since he doesn't have a committee, I'll give him priority for the DSCC. Also Ford is reserved for you, depending on what NYE decides.

Very well, for my second race, I'll take Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi (an actual candidate for Governor of New York in 2006- he lost in the primary to Eliot Spitzer.)

I'm also willing to play as either the chair of the DSCC or the DCCC depending on what other players decide to do.

Noted, also JacksonHitchcock has reserved the DCCC, would you like to reserve the DSCC (it's unclear from your post, if you wish to or not)

May I claim Bernie Sanders in Vermont?

Noted

Sure, I'd love the DSCC (that way I can steer Hillary lots of money at the expense of everyone else.)

Okay noted
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 02:06:32 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2020, 01:14:20 PM by Speaker of the Lincoln Council S019 »

Turn 1 (This turn will end Saturday September 12)

May 2005 to September 2005

Initial ratings:

Senate:

House:
Arizona       1      Likely Republican
California       11      Likely Republican
California       26      Likely Republican
California       50      Likely Republican
Colorado 3     Leans Democratic
Colorado 4 Leans Republican
Colorado 7 Toss-up
Connecticut       2 Leans Republican
Connecticut       4 Leans Republican
Connecticut       5      Likely Republican
Florida 22 Leans Republican
Georgia 3 Toss-up Read more
Georgia 12 Leans Democratic
Iowa 1 Toss-up
Iowa 3 Leans Democratic
Illinois       6      Likely Republican
Illinois 8 Toss-up
Indiana     2       Likely Republican
Indiana 8 Toss-up
Indiana 9 Leans Republican
Kansas       3      Likely Democratic
Kentucky       3      Likely Republican
Louisiana 3 Toss-up
Louisiana 7 Leans Republican
Minnesota 2 Leans Republican
Minnesota 6 Leans Republican
Nevada       3      Likely Republican
New Mexico 1 Leans Republican
New York       1       Likely Democratic
New York       27     Likely Democratic
New York       29     Likely Republican
North Carolina   8      Likely Republican
North Carolina   11 Leans Republican
North Dakota    AL     Likely Democratic
Ohio 2      Likely Republican
Ohio 6 Toss-up
Ohio 18 Leans Republican
Pennsylvania 6 Toss-up
Pennsylvania 8 Leans Republican
Pennsylvania      10    Likely Republican
South Dakota AL Leans Democratic
Tennessee   4      Likely Democratic
Texas 17 Leans Democratic
Texas 22 Leans Republican
Utah 2 Leans Democratic
Vermont AL Leans Democratic
Washington       2      Likely Republican
Washington 8 Leans Republican
Wisconsin 8 Leans Republican

Governor:

Committee Rules:

Committees will begin each turn with $10 million and 6 credits, committees will receive $1 mil for every lean/tossup state that they are leading in and $500,000 for every likely/safe state that they are leading in. These numbers will increase as election day approaches.

Committees may spend on the following

Ads: $250,000 per 15 sec ad
     $500,000 per 30 sec ad
     $100,000 per radio ad
Internal polling: $10,000 per poll

Credits: Credits are used to recruit candidates (please note that some candidates will not require credits, however if you want to recruit better candidates than the IRL 2006 midterms or want to keep some of the best IRL candidates, you will likely need to use credits, you may inquire about how many credits a specific politician will require (this rule is mostly because I don't want top recruits in every single race, because that's not realistic)).

Candidate rules:

Candidates will begin each turn with $2 million, the same ad rates apply for ads or internal polling. You may also fundraise, barnstorm, hold town halls, or the various other things that you can do when running for office. Candidates are advised to post a schedule for the turn as well, while you will not be penalized if you don't do it, it may be difficult for me to judge your campaign without a schedule being posted. Candidates will also receive credits (please note you cannot transfer credits between candidates and committees). Candidates will start each turn with 5 credits (this number will go up or down depending on how your campaign is progressing), you may request endorsements or internal polling (which will be more reliable than the public polling posted here, which may be subject to IRL biases in polling). Internal polls shall cost 2 credits and endorsements shall cost 4 credits, if the person is a current or former holder of federal elected office or if they are a current or former member of the President's Cabinet, 2 credits shall be charged for Governors, and 1 credit shall be charged for state politicians, no credits shall be charged for other endorsements (including celebrities or those who worked in career government jobs, provided they did not advance into the Cabinet or elected office). However, if you are accepting the endorsement of another user, you do not need to spend credits to accept that endorsement, regardless of the endorser's political office.

Turn 1, please post your schedules as well as any ads that you wish to run, all candidates have been given their $2 mil as well as their 5 credits (please note if you go over either of these limits, I will first alert you to fix it, if it isn't fixed, I will only count your first posts before you went over the limit (for instance, say you ran 7 ads, but only could afford 5, I'll only count the first 5 in that case). Additionally, if you have a committee, please list at least 5 races that you plan to put resources into (while this isn't required, it will help you get credits and thus allow you to get better recruits and expand your map). Please do PM me before posting endorsements though, mostly so that I can make sure they make sense (i.e. Rick Perry endorsing Claire McCaskill doesn't make sense, you get the point). Most importantly, have fun.

Also starting next turn, each turn will be preceded by polling, however given I'm not sure who exactly you guys plan to recruit, I can't provide public polling, however private polling is allowed for this round, and PM me with the candidate that you would like to be polled, if you wish to conduct that.

One last thing: if you wish, you may still join the game, which is part of why the turn lasts so long.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »

Can I run as Doug Jones against Bob Riley?

Granted
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 12:50:24 PM »

Can we get county results for internal polling?

That'll be tough, because I'm not that good with county politics, but if you ask me for specific counties, I'll try my best

Can I still get in on this? If so, I'll challenge Lieberman with (former) Connecticut Senate Minority Leader John McKinney, R-Fairfield. 

On a personal note, I actually know this guy through CT state-wide politics.  Was a volunteer for him when he ran for governor.  Good guy!

Granted
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 01:17:14 PM »

Also one note, I may update the rules periodically, if I or a player finds that the rules were too broad or general. Also note: you may now have an alternative method of getting internal polls, which is spending $10,000 per each poll question that you wish to ask (while I feel that no one will use the credits now), I did think it was odd that it costs the same to poll as it does to get a Governor's endorsement, so I decided to fix that. Also regarding endorsements, please note if you would like the endorsement of a politician that is being played by someone else in the game that does not require any credits.

(Please check the rules periodically, as I am not perfect, and I may have to make some adjustments to make the game flow better)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 05:50:05 PM »

I'm working on Doug Jones' schedule, but I was wondering how many points it will take to get an endorsement from Artur Davis and if we always start with two million at the beginning of our term or can we save money from the prior turn?

It will cost 2 and yes funds are transferable.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 01:51:36 PM »

One more question before I post. Can I list a debate in my schedule or do I have to receive a confirmation the Non-player candidates accepted?

You need confirmation for a debate, but I'm sure both Baxley and Siegelman plan on debating anyways
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 02:40:47 PM »

OOC: If I control Hillary Clinton, do I get to control Bill Clinton as well?

It's not like he'd be running for anything else...

No, you don't, though he can appear with her at events, if you'd like, but that's about it, also goes without saying but his endorsement is also free for Clinton, if she wants it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 07:49:58 PM »

Granted, though the turn deadline is still the same for your new character
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 10:27:49 AM »

Granted, but remember to put up your turn soon
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 10:42:18 AM »

Granted, though the turn deadline is still the same for your new character
On second thought, I'll just stick with Doug Jones. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Ok

Also I’m going to push the turn end back to Monday, I’ve been slow in responding to PM’s and a lot of people don’t have their turns in yet, I will be PM’ing people reminders tonight.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 05:49:38 PM »

Turn ends end of September, I thought that was clear
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 06:43:03 AM »

I haven't forgotten about this and will have the turn results and the next turn posted all at once (since what happens this turn WILL impact the next turn), I'll make it known once I'm starting to look at this turn, until then, you are free to edit your turn or submit your turn, if you forgot
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:18 PM »

I have been trying to get time into my schedule, but with a heavy school coarse load, it's been really hard, I will start scoring the turn tonight, finish scoring tomorrow night, and have the new turn up tomorrow night, I think I'll have to make turns end on the weekends from now on, since my weekdays are packed. As I am starting the scoring, this means the turn extension is over and all turns sent are now final.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 02:04:00 AM »

End of Turn 1

Candidate Balances (how much you have left after this turn):

Hillary Clinton: 2,500,000

Doug Jones: 1,570,000

Tom Suozzi: $1,800,000

George Allen: $3,100,000

Jim Douglas: $3,200,000

Bernie Sanders: $3,275,000

Kamala Harris: $2,000,000

John McKinney: $2,000,000

Harold Ford Jr.: $2,000,000

Committee Balances (how much you have left after this turn):

DSCC: $9,350,000
DCCC: $10,000,000
NRSC: $10,000,000
NRCC: $10,000,000

Credit Balances (how much you have left after this turn):

Hillary Clinton: 5

Doug Jones: 1

Tom Suozzi: 5

George Allen: 5

Jim Douglas: 1

Bernie Sanders: 3

Kamala Harris: 5

John McKinney: 5

Harold Ford Jr.: 5

BREAKING NEWS: THE RECAP OF THE EARLY 2006 CYCLE

Both Candidates Raise Big Money in Tiny Vermont

The tiny Green Mountain State has emerged as a key Senate battleground, and both candidates raised over $3 million in the first weeks of the 2006 campaign, a campaign heavily based on effective fundraising has set up both candidates very well as the race emerges as a key target in the battle for Senate control. Throwing another twist into the race outgoing Senator Jim Jeffords, who famously switched to an Independent caucusing with the Democrats, to give the Democrats Senate control in 2001 has endorsed the Republican, Governor Jim Douglas who is facing the Democratic incumbent Congressmen Bernie Sanders. Vermont moved to a tossup almost instantly in the major prognosticators ratings

DSCC EYES PA, MN, OH, VA, and TN as Senate cycle opens

The DSCC has set its eyes on the seats that it hopes will lead Democrats to retaking the Senate. The national Democrats have already circled PA and OH, where they viewed incumbents Mike DeWine and Rick Santorum as vulnerable, and have recruited US Representative Sherrod Brown and State Representative Todd Eachus, respectively in both races. In addition, the DSCC landed its top recruit in the VA SEN race in outgoing Governor Mark Warner. Mr. Warner had been rumored to be a considering a Senate run and now puts the Virginia race firmly on the map, most outlets immediately moved it to tossup. Virginia is also one of two states where the Democrats went on the air, buying airtime for a radio ad attacking incumbent Senator George Allen. Senator Allen, however raised an impressive $3.1 million and will not go down without a fight. The DSCC brought its first TV ad of the cycle in TN buying a 30 minute spot supporting the candidacy of Congressman Harold Ford Jr., however TN remains lean Republican in most ratings. Additionally, the DSCC recruited Hennepin County Commissioner Amy Klobuchar for the Minnesota Senate race. However, Mrs. Klobuchar is not that much of a well known candidate and Minnesota remains a top pickup opportunity for Republicans, however Democrats have made it clear that they won't let it go without a fight.

ALL EYES ON CALIFORNIA

Senator Dianne Feinstein remains the favorite against San Francisco DA Kamala Harris in a California Senate primary that has been closely watched by people all across the nation of all political beliefs. Ms. Harris received a huge boost when she was endorsed by New York Senator Hillary Clinton, a move that privately bothered Mrs. Feinstein. The Senator has been weighing retirement fearing that a primary that once looked like she'd coast, may not be as easy as she expected.

JONES RUNS AGGRESSIVE CAMPAIGN IN DEEP-RED ALABAMA, WILL IT MATTER?

Alabama has long been a red state, however Democrats have smelt blood in the water there this year. Governor Bob Riley is not terribly popular and many Democrats view him as vulnerable. The party is currently divided between a divisive three way primary between former US Attorney Doug Jones, Lieutenant Governor Lucy Baxley, and former Governor Don Siegelman. Jones has run an aggressive campaign and has spent nearly $500,000 in the opening stages of the campaign and has challenged Mrs. Baxley and Mr. Siegelman to a debate. Governor Riley meanwhile has been seeing somewhat of an approval bump from Hurricane Katrina, but this race will remain a Tossup.

Next post will include the next turn as well as the polling updates, also let me know if you like this end of turn format and also if you do fundraisers please specify a cost per person and/or how many people you expect to attend it, makes scoring this a lot easier, otherwise I have to make up numbers plug them into a calculator and see if they make sense.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 03:33:12 PM »

Turn 2 (This turn will end Saturday September 26, since you have less time than normal, PM, if you need an extension, otherwise I'll probably check this around 9 PM Saturday)

September 2005 to December 2005

Updated ratings:

Senate:

Ratings Change:

VA-SEN: Safe R----->Tossup
VT-SEN: Lean D----->Tossup

House:
Arizona       1      Likely Republican
California       11      Likely Republican
California       26      Likely Republican
California       50      Likely Republican
Colorado 3     Leans Democratic
Colorado 4 Leans Republican
Colorado 7 Toss-up (TIED 42-42)
Connecticut       2 Leans Republican
Connecticut       4 Leans Republican
Connecticut       5      Likely Republican
Florida 22 Leans Republican
Georgia 3 Toss-up (DEM lead 43-42)
Georgia 12 Leans Democratic
Iowa 1 Toss-up (DEM lead 46-38)
Iowa 3 Leans Democratic
Illinois       6      Likely Republican
Illinois 8 Toss-up (REP lead 44-40)
Indiana     2       Likely Republican
Indiana 8 Toss-up (REP lead 45-43)
Indiana 9 Leans Republican
Kansas       3      Likely Democratic
Kentucky       3      Likely Republican
Louisiana 3 Toss-up (DEM lead 45-44)
Louisiana 7 Leans Republican
Minnesota 2 Leans Republican
Minnesota 6 Leans Republican
Nevada       3      Likely Republican
New Mexico 1 Leans Republican
New York       1       Likely Democratic
New York       27     Likely Democratic
New York       29     Likely Republican
North Carolina   8      Likely Republican
North Carolina   11 Leans Republican
North Dakota    AL     Likely Democratic
Ohio 2      Likely Republican
Ohio 6 Toss-up (REP lead 45-39)
Ohio 18 Leans Republican
Pennsylvania 6 Toss-up (DEM lead 45-35)
Pennsylvania 8 Leans Republican
Pennsylvania      10    Likely Republican
South Dakota AL Leans Democratic
Tennessee   4      Likely Democratic
Texas 17 Leans Democratic
Texas 22 Leans Republican
Utah 2 Leans Democratic
Vermont AL Leans Democratic
Washington       2      Likely Republican
Washington 8 Leans Republican
Wisconsin 8 Leans Republican

Governor:

Polling for Key Senate Races

Arizona-Senate

Jon Kyl (R): 49%
Generic Dem: 42%

Florida-Senate

Bill Nelson (D): 51%
Generic R: 39%

Maryland-Senate (OPEN)

Generic D: 55%
Generic R: 39%

Minnesota Senate (OPEN)

Klobuchar (D): 47%
Generic R: 43%

Montana-Senate

Burns (R): 51%
Generic D: 41%

North Dakota-Senate

Conrad (D): 57%
Generic R: 30%

Nebraska-Senate

Nelson (D): 50%
Generic R: 35%

New Jersey-Senate

Menendez (D): 50%
Generic R: 40%

Ohio-Senate

DeWine (R, inc.): 43%
Brown (D): 40%

Pennsylvania-Senate

Eachus (D): 45%
Santorum (R, inc.): 39%

Rhode Island-Senate

Chafee (R): 46%
Generic D: 38%

Tennessee-Senate (OPEN)

Generic R: 51%
Ford Jr.: 42%

Virginia Senate

Warner (D): 44%
Allen (R, inc.): 39%

Vermont-Senate (OPEN)

Douglas (R): 45%
Sanders (D): 45%

Washington-Senate

Cantwell (D): 55%
Generic R: 35%

West Virginia-Senate

Bryd (D): 56%

Senate Primary Polls

CA-SENATE

Feinstein (inc.): 45%
Harris: 32%

Since, we don't have someone actively using a Governor's race or committee other than NY for this update, I'll only provide public polling for NY GOV, also a lot of the races would just be generic trial heats, and it would be nice if the Governor's races weren't ignored so if someone would like to take them up, that would be nice. Also if we don't get anyone for next update, I'll start using IRL nominees for public polling, and maybe weaker candidates, if the recruit was really strong, since we don't have anyone doing recruiting.

New York Governor D Primary

Eliot Spitzer: 54%
Tom Suozzi: 26%

New York Governor GE (OPEN)

Generic D: 55%

Directions are the same as the first turn, with the caveat about fundraising, and if you want to schedule a debate PM me and I'll post questions in the thread (wondering if we'll need a debate thread, since we'll have several going on at once). Also slight tweak to the rules, to avoid insanely large totals, house race extra fundraising for leading in seats only applies to lean or tossup seats, and since we've had little action on the House front, the seats are mostly staying in the status quo. Also old ad rates, internal rates, etc. still apply

Lastly the candidate and credit balances

Candidate Balances (how much you have to begin this turn):

Hillary Clinton: 4,500,000

Doug Jones: 3,570,000

Tom Suozzi: $3,800,000

George Allen: $5,100,000

Jim Douglas: $5,200,000

Bernie Sanders: $5,275,000

Kamala Harris: $4,000,000

John McKinney: $4,000,000

Harold Ford Jr.: $4,000,000

Committee Balances (how much you have to begin this turn):

DSCC: $44,350,000
DCCC: $41,000,000
NRSC: $39,000,000
NRCC: $47,000,000

Credit Balances (how much you have to begin this turn):

Hillary Clinton: 7

Doug Jones: 8

Tom Suozzi: 8

George Allen: 9

Jim Douglas: 7

Bernie Sanders: 8

Kamala Harris: 8

John McKinney: 6

Harold Ford Jr.: 7

DSCC: 8

DCCC: 12

NRSC: 12

NRCC: 12
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »

This is coming back, now that I have time, so let me know if you want to play via PM, I will let people take over characters mid game since I have simmed elections so far, also if you just want to continue, post your turn here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies