Napoleon and Nathan: Recovery, Reform, and Revival for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:50:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon and Nathan: Recovery, Reform, and Revival for Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Napoleon and Nathan: Recovery, Reform, and Revival for Atlasia  (Read 4330 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
« edited: September 05, 2012, 10:39:51 AM by President Napoleon »

Today I announce what may be a shock to many of you: I shall seek a second term as President in the October 2012 election.

I recognize that what Atlasia needs in this critical time, more than ever before, is tested, trusted, and proven leadership. Atlasia needs a President who can represent all, not the narrow interests of the few, and that's why Nathan and I hope to earn your support for another term.

We are committed to economic recovery. The jobless rate is decreasing. The budget is balanced. The tax burden on lower and middle income families has decreased. Wasteful spending in bureaucracy has been discouraged to help secure long-term fiscal sustainability. We've implemented programs to help returning veterans find employment (and not the kind that involves going to Iran). We are investing in education and infrastructure to build long-term prosperity for all. Businesses are hiring and growth is continuing. Atlasia is working again.

We are committed to institutional reform. The creation of committees finally being realized, I intend to work along side the Senate to further define their role in government, and open up the committees further to the citizen population, to bring more interaction with your government. The Presidency has not, under my administration, been simply a figurehead. I have been actively involved with the Senate to ensure that our laws are the best they can be.

We are committed to revival. Atlasia is more active now than it has been a long time. More candidates are running for Senate and regional legislatures because interest is higher and still increasing. The government is focused on policy and is having thorough and lively debates about the ideas put forth by individual Senators and my administration alike. Voter turnout is increasing. The revival must be allowed to continue.

Ultimately, we are committed to an Atlasian Renaissance. I promised a Renaissance in June and I believe we are witnessing it and it will only get better! Even those on the opposite side of the political spectrum aren't afraid to admit it.
Atlasia is in the midst of a Renaissance. Let’s keep this enthusiasm going!

Let's keep this enthusiasm going! Re-elect Napoleon and Nathan and keep Atlasia strong.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2012, 02:00:53 AM by President Napoleon »

Endorsements:
Former President Tmthforu
Former President Polnut
Former President AG Afleitch
Senator Big DaddyTX
Senator Ben
Senator Sbane
Senator Scott
Governor Nix
Fromer Lieutenant Governor NVGonzalez
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »

A few months ago, I was skeptical, but went ahead and gave you a chance and endorsed you, which certainly generated a lot of controversy with a couple individuals. Wink

After watching you work, and looking ahead to the future, I'm proud to lend you my endorsement for reelection. You've been an excellent President, sir, and I have no doubt that success in Atlasia will continue for four more months with you as President.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »

Endorsed!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:53:56 AM »

Consider yourself endorsed! I at first, was a little skeptical on how you would preform as President before the election. You have since not only met expectations, but far exceeded them. You've been a proven leader, and gladly support you for re-election.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2012, 03:49:12 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

In all fairness, I don't exactly think it's solely because of you that we're seeing a jump in activity. Tongue
But I do appreciate the value you seem to place on my words. May it continue as I move into the senate. Wink

Anyhow, I respect the effort you're putting in as Prez. Best of luck.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 12:12:19 PM »

A few months ago, I was skeptical, but went ahead and gave you a chance and endorsed you, which certainly generated a lot of controversy with a couple individuals. Wink

After watching you work, and looking ahead to the future, I'm proud to lend you my endorsement for reelection. You've been an excellent President, sir, and I have no doubt that success in Atlasia will continue for four more months with you as President.

My sentiments exactly.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:21:40 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2012, 12:26:06 PM by James Badass Monroe »

Mr. President, like many others I am most pleased to see how your term went.  After seeing every single dream of mine that I've ever had accomplished in your first term of office I can only hope the second term will cause even more peoples' dreams to be realized.  That cancer will be cured, AIDS will suddenly replenish white blood cells, every morning people will wake up to Purple Rain, Purple Rain. . . . . . Purple Rain. . .. . . Purple Rain!  (guitar whine).
But anyway, let's not make it about what any of us want.  Let us make it all about what we need.  What we need is brotherhood, what we need is togetherness, what we need is Truthiness.  Fact of the matter is Mr. President, I'm not sure how much longer the nation would last if the people of this fine country don't make your re-election an imperative.  After all, the unaltered pre-Nazi Earth depends on it!

Endorsed by your truly, Sir Micah Mahon, ESQUIRE BITCHES!

[/kisses!]
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »

For these past few months, we have witnessed the Napoleon/Kalwejt (and now, Napoleon/Nathan) Administration lead us through a defining period in our nation's history.  It has been a pleasure to work with the administration on tackling issues such as jobs, the deficit, civil rights, and our foreign policy, and it is with this that I formally endorse President Napoleon and Vice President Nathan in the October election, with full anticipation of another invigorating six months ahead. Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »

As your main opponent in the last election- I can say that I have enjoyed (despite our occasional frustration) working with you these past few months... you have clearly delivered on your promise to be an active leader and I do not believe it is too far a jump for you to claim a good chunk of the credit for the revival in activity. Chances are I will not endorse you as your views sure don't match mine and I can't say I find you to be a nice or pleasant individual.... but you deserve consideration from every Atlasian and I hope to see an active campaign and an active term from our next President- whoever that may be
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »

You have been an excellent President. Wholeheartedly endorsed!
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »

Endorsed. Cheesy
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »

Endorsed - for 2nd preference this go-around.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 02:23:57 AM »

Endorsed; I supported Napoleon last time around and I'll vote for him again.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »

I am inviting the other candidates to join me in a series of three debates. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »

The President on Civil Rights

During my term, my administration has succeeded in limiting government and protecting your rights. With our leadership, the Equal Rights Amendment has passed, guaranteeing legal equality for men and women, regardless of their sexual orientation. This historic amendment will create an environment of a more tolerant and inclusive future, and we can lead the rest of the world by example.

We also supported an amendment to limit conscription powers, protecting your right to self-determination. There are some who see you as a tool or a weapon to serve at their will and do their work. Under my leadership, this will never be the case.

Now, we have a chance to eliminate the death penalty, an archaic and barbaric practice unbecoming of a first-world nation. You can assist in this effort! Talk to your Senators and fellow citizens and get them to join us as we seek to craft a better future and protect your rights. Smiley

Over the course of the campaign you will hear candidates talk about the rights of regions, or corporations, or unions. If you find yourself asking "What about my rights?", know that your President is on your side, fighting for you, and your family. Actions speak louder than words and I am proud to be here working on your behalf and improving your daily life! Reelect Nathan and I so we can continue standing up for equality and liberty and justice!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »

I'm proud to announce that Napoleon and I are developing a plan to greatly extend public transportation in non-urban areas. The current germ of this plan, which may change, would involve the extension of the current high-speed rail lines, especially in the Mideast and Texas; restoration of a variety of former Class I railroads, especially in the Northeast; and, if deemed feasible, the development of a public intercity bus network to compete with private providers such as Peter Pan and Greyhound. Our budget is balanced and our economy is decent if not great. We believe that investment in high-quality, long-lasting transportation infrastructure, crossing the country and serving areas beyond our major cities, is an important part of the way forward into a greater and more lasting prosperity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 11:48:57 PM by Napoleon »

Major announcement coming soon. Be ready for it.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:03:58 PM »

I support
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »

+5 to Snowball Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »

I may oppose you on policy but you have promoted activity that many of us newer politicos like. This not an endorsement. This is me giving you credit for something you do right . Your amendments to the Constuition however are atrocious. They don't extend those rights to the baby in the womb.

Why shouldnt law enforcement be able to fully bear the sword? All punitive and rehabilitative options regarding crime including the death penalty must be on the table.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »

Mr. Vice President, I commend you and the President's plan to invest in more rail infrastructure. Railway stations often serve as important hubs for economic growth that can really revitalize communities.

On the other hand, I will not vote to establish an inner-city bus network if I'm still in the senate. The logistics of running extensive bus services are daunting and best left to the private sector. As far as I am aware, existing companies provide extensive service already—why does the government need to intervene here? Providing a federally-managed alternative with lower fares (which I assume is the point of this proposal) would mean cutting into the budget in an unstainable way. Moreover, undercutting existing companies could mean job losses and a government takeover of the industry.

Anyhow, I do appreciate the sentiment of your proposals. Best of luck.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »

Mr. Vice President, I commend you and the President's plan to invest in more rail infrastructure. Railway stations often serve as important hubs for economic growth that can really revitalize communities.

On the other hand, I will not vote to establish an inner-city bus network if I'm still in the senate. The logistics of running extensive bus services are daunting and best left to the private sector. As far as I am aware, existing companies provide extensive service already—why does the government need to intervene here? Providing a federally-managed alternative with lower fares (which I assume is the point of this proposal) would mean cutting into the budget in an unstainable way. Moreover, undercutting existing companies could mean job losses and a government takeover of the industry.

Anyhow, I do appreciate the sentiment of your proposals. Best of luck.
The problem with this is that it allows private companies to buy out the buses then drive them out of buisness, thereby destroying a competitor and giving them more market space. This has happened before and is why many of these services no longer exist.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »

Is the announcement ready?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »