Should Minnesota return Virginia's Confederate battle flag? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:52:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Minnesota return Virginia's Confederate battle flag? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Minnesota return Virginia's Confederate battle flag?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 140

Author Topic: Should Minnesota return Virginia's Confederate battle flag?  (Read 6482 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: February 24, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »

Who gives a sh**t? We one the Civil War, and the stupid rascists lost. Its just a flag, and we are all Americans now anyways.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »

Who gives a sh**t? We one the Civil War, and the stupid rascists lost. Its just a flag, and we are all Americans now anyways.

Your ignorance is telling.
How am I ignorant? It is just a flag and the last Confederate war veteran and widow died 50 years ago. They lost, and their cause was for all the wrong reasons, and there was no good reason for it.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »

I believe some museums in the south have Union Standards as well. They were mostly all fairly captured and I believe the state that captured them should be allowed to keep them.

How am I ignorant? It is just a flag and the last Confederate war veteran and widow died 50 years ago. They lost, and their cause was for all the wrong reasons, and there was no good reason for it.

Opinion.
Unless you are a Rascist, that believs Lincoln was a evil Liberal that was going to abolish Slavery, and take away State's Rights, it isn't a opinion.
It is kind of like saying the Germans were wrong in World War Two to kill the jews.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »

I believe some museums in the south have Union Standards as well. They were mostly all fairly captured and I believe the state that captured them should be allowed to keep them.

Opinion.
Unless you are a Rascist, that believs Lincoln was a evil Liberal that was going to abolish Slavery, and take away State's Rights, it isn't a opinion.
It is kind of like saying the Germans were wrong in World War Two to kill the jews.

Oh lord, another one of those ignorant types. The Confederacy was nothing at all like Nazi Germany.
I know it wasn't but both countries had large rascist undertones. Don't take me as an ignorant person just because I don't describe things deeply anyways. I love studying about the Civil War, and it is probably me favorite period in American History, however I have come to the conclusion that the Confederates were deeply wrong. Robert E. Lee, and other Southern anti-slavery Generals were actually great men in my opinion but I think the government and cause was wrong.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »

Opinion.

No; I think that statement is an opinion.
Now that I look back on that, that was a retarded post. I still think that those who love the Confederacy have no reason too....
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2008, 02:34:22 PM by New Surrender »

EMD's ignorance in this thread is a bit disturbing. We could argue this war for days and days, but there's no point. He's the type of person who thinks the south is full of dumb racists and the North was perfect and free of any kind of prejudices. The only reason the Civil War was fought was because Lincoln was determined to keep the union together. Freeing the slaves had nothing to do with it. Lincoln probably didn't care either way, as just recently, an amendment drafted by Lincoln was revealed that would've written slavery into the constitution forever.
Yes I know this, it is funny you called me ignorant on this. I said that in the beginning most of the South and North's troubles came from slavery and wouldn't be as wide if it did not exist. I don't think the South is full of dumb rascists anyways, did most people in the 1860's everywhere rascists, especially in the South? Yes, do I hold a grudge against them no.

Also my post is more about modern day confederate sympathizers. There is nothing to be sympathetic about. Face it the Union did an okay job of handling things and everything turn out fine why would you want to agree with the South?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:42:15 PM »

Also my post is more about modern day confederate sympathizers. There is nothing to be sympathetic about. Face it the Union did an okay job of handling things and everything turn out fine why would you want to agree with the South?

If the Union did such a great job at handling things and everything turned out fine why has it taken until the 1970s for the south to recover from the war? Lincolns idea of massive government which this country is currently dying from is a failure, plain and simple. His ideas of one government and ridding us of state sovereignty is going to be the death of the USA.
It took that long because the south had an agrarian economy, mass poverty etc before the Civil War even happened. By the way we aren't dying at all, we are mostly having a rotten economy from the housing mess and our lack of alternative fuels which you could blame partially on a lack of larger government. Also why can't you just accept Democracy? Lincoln won fair and square and now most Americans liked his way of governance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies