Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:20:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia  (Read 3607 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »

It's fine to be a little skeptical, well all should be, but sheesh, do it with a little class (ie, silently until there is some proof).
2. There are plenty of suspects -- Kluxists, neo-Nazis, and Jihadi  terrorists. This is for local, state, and federal law enforcement to investigate, and the courts to prosecute.
or antifa or a loan left leaning wolf.  The far left hates Jews as much as the far right...not as much as Muslims do though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »

Yeah, David, this is clearly your fault.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

The far left hates Jews as much as the far right...not as much as Muslims do though.

do you really have to do this
in response to someone theorizing on which group might be responsible for the vandalism who only included the far right and Muslims in his lineup?  Sure, why not?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 09:49:10 AM »

OK here's my main point:

Why would a Jew feel safer living somewhere where rockets are fired at them than in a place where some acts of vandalism happen?
for the same reason it's better to be in a trench with your company with bullets whizzing by over head than to be alone in the middle of a quiet "no man's land".

Or in words you can understand, it's safer to be in the middle of the most pit with your friends than it is to be by yourself on the edge between songs.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »

Where do most American Jews have more friends, the US or Israel?

Most have as many personal ties to Israel as I do.
I have no idea on either of these, but they also have nothing to do with what I said.  "A Jew" is an individual and many of them DO have direct familial ties to Israel.  Even ones that are on "your side" and would likely never move still have an emotional attachment to the place, Jon Stewart for one.

And anybody that wanted to move would have already or they have perfectly good reasons to want to stay.  I'm sure most of those are exactly because they have larger familial commitments in the US than they do in Israel.  That doesn't mean David won't feel more "at home" when he finally gets that 972 country code as his cell number.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »

You're right, "a Jew" is an individual. So see why there's a problem with proposing that every single one move to Israel?
I'm not arguing (and neither is David as he's repeatedly said) that every Jewish person should move to Israel.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I think it would be tight....I'd assume leaning towards Israel.  I don't know if I'd wager on it though.  Again, most Jewish Americans that want to move there already have sometime in the last 60 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies