Should Kyrsten Sinema be primaried? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:08:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Should Kyrsten Sinema be primaried? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Kyrsten Sinema be primaried in 2024?
Yes

No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 130

Author Topic: Should Kyrsten Sinema be primaried?  (Read 3081 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« on: March 07, 2021, 05:07:12 PM »

Absolutely.  I'm glad she won her seat when she did, but Arizona has changed a lot in two years and there's no reason Democrats need to settle for an ideological outlier.  Katie Hobbs, Ruben Gallego, or Greg Stanton should seriously consider a challenge.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »

Absolutely.  I'm glad she won her seat when she did, but Arizona has changed a lot in two years and there's no reason Democrats need to settle for an ideological outlier.  Katie Hobbs, Ruben Gallego, or Greg Stanton should seriously consider a challenge.

The only direct comparison is the House popular vote, which went from D+1.70% to R+0.28%.

Big picture, though:  Joe Biden won Arizona, so there's no reason to think Arizona Democrats need to be represented by someone significantly to Biden's right.

To be fair to Sinema, though, I'm not sure she's really "significantly" to Biden's right, and I probably would be okay with her keeping the seat as long as she doesn't screw with the Democrats' national agenda too much.  All things being equal, I'd probably prefer Gallego or Stanton, but I don't see Sinema as another Lieberman or anything.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 09:25:51 PM »

I consider myself a good Democrat, but I think a $15 minimum wage is probably too high, so her "no" vote on that doesn't bother me.

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 12:07:02 AM »

I consider myself a good Democrat, but I think a $15 minimum wage is probably too high, so her "no" vote on that doesn't bother me.

Remind me how many of those countries have exploding healthcare premiums and massive, gaping wealth inequality?

The minimum wage is not a tool to address rising healthcare premiums, and we're hardly alone in wealth inequality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies