I'm thinking about starting a party...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 04:32:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm thinking about starting a party...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: which sounds more appealing (even if you disagree, which would more people want?)
The Free Market Party

The New Liberty Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: I'm thinking about starting a party...  (Read 491 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:19:27 PM »

Since there aren't libertarians anymore, I think it would be great to possibly round some of them back up, or excite new people to join.

A description:

The Free Market Party
Pretty much a counter to the Farmer Labor Party that used to exist.  We're far right on economics, and social issues are generally left to the individual to decide (foriegn policy would be only lightly influenced).

The New Liberty Party
Pretty much the libertarians version 3.0.  Members are called "Neo-libertarians".  A more moderate approach to libertarianism.  We're not pseudo-anarchists, but we do want a smaller government.  Pretty much anyone who's socially liberal, fiscally conservative.  Foreign policy may or may not be taken into account-depending on how things go.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:09:57 PM »

Their are no Libertarians anymore? What about the Constitutional Union Party? We are a libertarian party, albeit a moderate one, but we accept any libertarians or libertarian supporters into our party. True Independent, myself, and Ken are very much libertarians and represent a strong portion of the UP which represents libertarians. I don't see why you should create a new party when a party is already around that would fit you nicely.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:18:11 PM »

If you make FMP I'll probably stay in the ILP, but I'd be tempted to switch if you made the NLP.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 12:59:01 PM »

What about the Constitutional Union Party? We are a libertarian party,

LOL
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 12:41:53 PM »

hmm, this thread needs a good bumping.  Interested in hearing the opinions of Phillip, Dibble and Everett.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 03:08:09 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2005, 03:11:06 PM by Frodo »

Cheezewhiz tried to do what you are doing -I very much doubt you will be much more likely than he to succeed since there are already is a party that more or less fills the libertarian niche.

And even if you do manage to get more than just two or three people to sign up, it is highly unlikely that your new party will last any longer than the Southern Alliance Party that Harry tried to get going.

Anyway, for all it's worth, good luck.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies