Opinion of Ferguson97 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:58:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Ferguson97 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 133

Author Topic: Opinion of Ferguson97  (Read 3055 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: February 06, 2024, 10:42:37 AM »

This poll would be 90% HP if his avatar was a different color.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 10:15:09 PM »

The idea that Ferguson would win us more elections is very funny, regardless of what you think of him personally. His actual political opinions are very odd nanny state liberal crap that all swing voters hate. His opinion on HR alone, that it exists to protect workers (LOL!!!!!), would make any election noncompetitive if it got associated with the Democratic candidate.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 01:44:27 AM »

"Wow, how embarrassing that you think Fergie is a good mouthpiece for Democratic positions in an open debate arena!  Meanwhile, here's a post from a 40 year-old manchild obsessed with cartoons and terrible music to explain why getting a BJ from a 17 year-old in a post office parking lot is actually a-ok, legally speaking.  Much better!"

He is terrible at it.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 03:51:44 PM »

"Wow, how embarrassing that you think Fergie is a good mouthpiece for Democratic positions in an open debate arena!  Meanwhile, here's a post from a 40 year-old manchild obsessed with cartoons and terrible music to explain why getting a BJ from a 17 year-old in a post office parking lot is actually a-ok, legally speaking.  Much better!"
I don't see anyone in that thread including me defending what that guy did, and I specifically even stated it's a good thing he was fired and resigned from the position. It was simply pointed out (and I was not the first to do so) that what he did was not illegal in the respective state and did not meet that definition of rape and (perhaps more importantly) Ferguson had changed the thread title from the title of the article linked to.

I don't understand why they're bringing up that thread as an example of great and productive posting. It turned a discussion about negligent appointments made by a Republican governor into a discussion about Democrats posting fake news on the internet. Liberals taking real stories, smearing lies on top of them, and then immediately moving on to the next exaggerated fake news Twitter story a day (or hour) later is exactly what allowed Trump to rise in the first place. The liberal outrage-bait machine has contributed greatly to the destruction of this country over the last decade.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 04:16:16 PM »

I don't see anyone in that thread including me defending what that guy did, and I specifically even stated it's a good thing he was fired and resigned from the position. It was simply pointed out (and I was not the first to do so) that what he did was not illegal in the respective state and did not meet that definition of rape and (perhaps more importantly) Ferguson had changed the thread title from the title of the article linked to.

I don't understand why they're bringing up that thread as an example of great and productive posting. It turned a discussion about negligent appointments made by a Republican governor into a discussion about Democrats posting fake news on the internet. Liberals taking real stories, smearing lies on top of them, and then immediately moving on to the next exaggerated fake news Twitter story a day (or hour) later is exactly what allowed Trump to rise in the first place. The liberal outrage-bait machine has contributed greatly to the destruction of this country over the last decade.
To be fair the initial reporting of the story wasn't fake news or bad faith, the issue is that Ferguson altered the title of the article for the thread. If it had just been posted with the article's original title there wouldn't be much controversy.

Right, and that is the kind of fake news I was referring to. A real story getting picked up and turned into fake news by liberal activists.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 09:35:12 PM »

The idea that Ferguson would win us more elections is very funny, regardless of what you think of him personally. His actual political opinions are very odd nanny state liberal crap that all swing voters hate. His opinion on HR alone, that it exists to protect workers (LOL!!!!!), would make any election noncompetitive if it got associated with the Democratic candidate.

I believe now would be a good time to dredge up the whole incident where he said any parent who resorts to spanking or corporal punishment - as I told him my parents sometimes have - should have their kid put in CPS. He told me explicitly that he believes I should be in protective services because my parents have spanked/slapped me in the past.

That, in a nutshell, is the kind of guy we're talking about, and if he indeed were a perfect representation of the Democratic Party's political positions, they'd lose elections even here in Alameda County.

I can't imagine being so privileged as to think foster care is preferable to discipline, lmao.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 05:46:45 PM »

Ferguson comes off looking much better than either you or OSR in that thread. Not sure why you thought that was a good piece of evidence to post.
saying you shouldn't beat your kids shouldn't be controversial either. but that's atlas i guess

That isn't what was controversial, lol. He said that families should be split up over incredibly mild physical punishments that are still the norm in many parts of the civilized world. Like I said a moment ago, it takes a special kind of rich kid privilege and ignorance to believe that foster care or some kind of group home for neglected children is better than getting spanked for behaving like a brat.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 05:53:44 PM »

Ferguson comes off looking much better than either you or OSR in that thread. Not sure why you thought that was a good piece of evidence to post.
saying you shouldn't beat your kids shouldn't be controversial either. but that's atlas i guess

That isn't what was controversial, lol. He said that families should be split up over incredibly mild physical punishments that are still the norm in many parts of the civilized world. Like I said a moment ago, it takes a special kind of rich kid privilege and ignorance to believe that foster care or some kind of group home for neglected children is better than getting spanked for behaving like a brat.

I think Fergie makes a habit of taking extreme positions on issues like these so that he can then compromise with people as they discuss the issue. He's done it many times with me in the past.

Could be, but this is a case where that isn't much (if any) different than the average bleeding heart liberal opinion on the issue. Most younger left-of-center people who grew up pampered think that any kind of discipline is abusive. It's really obnoxious, especially since these people are either part of the most dysfunctional generation in recent memory, or the ones responsible for raising it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies