Poll for my fellow Republicans regarding DACA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:17:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll for my fellow Republicans regarding DACA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: After Trump separates children from parents and family by overturning DACA, do you still consider yourself a Republican?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Poll for my fellow Republicans regarding DACA  (Read 4259 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 08:54:46 AM »

Yes because I dont believe in rewarding breaking the law. No matter who it is

So a baby who's born in Guatemala and brought to the United States by their parents is "breaking the law?"

Yes. However, the idea that being granted legal status with no path to citizenship (and be real lefties, citizenship is off the table as long as Republicans exist) and likely little to no access to government benefits other than perhaps in-state tuition, is some sort of "reward" for their illegal status, which they aren't even culpable for, is ridiculous.

Seriously?  A baby is breaking the law?

Yes. Immigration law does not require culpability to be in violation of the law.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »

So a baby who's born in Guatemala and brought to the United States by their parents is "breaking the law?"

Yes. However, the idea that being granted legal status with no path to citizenship (and be real lefties, citizenship is off the table as long as Republicans exist) and likely little to no access to government benefits other than perhaps in-state tuition, is some sort of "reward" for their illegal status, which they aren't even culpable for, is ridiculous.

Yes. Immigration law does not require culpability to be in violation of the law.

You're such a model citizen.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 08:55:49 AM »

Yes since they dont have the proper documentation, dont have permission to be here, and entered the country illegally. If my parents brought me into idk, say Japan when i was a kid, do i have the right to stay or demand that they allow me to stay?

It's not a question of rights, it's a question of morals.  You have no say where you end up as a child.  A child cannot apply for documentation.  Why should they be penalized because their parents broke the law?  In what other areas of the law do we apply this rationale?

The law requires you to be a US Citizen or have proper documentation if you want to be in this country, if you dont, tough. Under your method, the whole world would be flooding in here with their kids. Bottom line is i believe that we should cater to Americans rather than foreign nationals

Most Americans seem to support the program. So if you're catering to Americans, you'll do the policy most of them want which is continue the program.

I meant America should be for Americans first before we have to accomodate foreigners. Their parents broke the law, and there shouldnt be a reward for them because of it. Especially with those who want to give them citizenship, people who actually want to become citizens legally go through a long process and its a slap in the face to them if a bunch of border hoppers got to automatically just because of the "think of the children" excuse

"A bunch of border hoppers."
Your true colors are starting to show.

Not at all buddy. My grandparents are from Colombia but the difference is they came here LEGALLY, and worked their asses off for what they have now. Why should they go through the process and work hard for everything my family has now when there are people just walking over the border and demanding special treatment. It's ridiculously unfair to immigrants who do it the right way, essentially punishing their integrity and rewarding people who broke the law

Learn some f**king empathy.

If a homeless guy steals diamond jewelry to pawn it should he be given a reprieve because he's in a sh**t situation? No, because there are laws against that. Same case here. No matter how bad of a situation you're in, you need to follow the law. Here we have the rule of law, which everyone is subject to. Not the rule of man where laws can be issued and rescinded on the whims of people
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 08:56:19 AM »

You're such a model citizen.

It is a statement of fact.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 11:30:27 AM »

Yes since they dont have the proper documentation, dont have permission to be here, and entered the country illegally. If my parents brought me into idk, say Japan when i was a kid, do i have the right to stay or demand that they allow me to stay?

It's not a question of rights, it's a question of morals.  You have no say where you end up as a child.  A child cannot apply for documentation.  Why should they be penalized because their parents broke the law?  In what other areas of the law do we apply this rationale?

The law requires you to be a US Citizen or have proper documentation if you want to be in this country, if you dont, tough. Under your method, the whole world would be flooding in here with their kids. Bottom line is i believe that we should cater to Americans rather than foreign nationals

Most Americans seem to support the program. So if you're catering to Americans, you'll do the policy most of them want which is continue the program.

I meant America should be for Americans first before we have to accomodate foreigners. Their parents broke the law, and there shouldnt be a reward for them because of it. Especially with those who want to give them citizenship, people who actually want to become citizens legally go through a long process and its a slap in the face to them if a bunch of border hoppers got to automatically just because of the "think of the children" excuse

Not at all buddy. My grandparents are from Colombia but the difference is they came here LEGALLY, and worked their asses off for what they have now. Why should they go through the process and work hard for everything my family has now when there are people just walking over the border and demanding special treatment. It's ridiculously unfair to immigrants who do it the right way, essentially punishing their integrity and rewarding people who broke the law

Exactly.
I make a comment about his disgusting description of immigrants, and he gives us some unrelated sob story of his grandparents (as a distraction).
My left arm was itching, and he scratches my right arm.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »

The overturn of DACA, to me, has to be one of the very meanest and most inhuman acts ever perpetrated by a U.S. President, separating adult children from parents and family.  

In December 2015 he was talking about murdering the families of terrorists, but this is what did it for you?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:04 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 03:23:36 PM by TexasGurl »

Exactly.
I make a comment about his disgusting description of immigrants, and he gives us some unrelated sob story of his grandparents (as a distraction).
My left arm was itching, and he scratches my right arm.

LOL.
He is still deflecting.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »

Sure. Paul Ryan's inauguration isn't far away so jumping the ship now doesn't really make any sense anyway Smiley
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 12:35:59 PM »

When liberals start calling you names, chalk it up as a Win
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

Not just liberals.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 12:41:23 PM »

You've literally been calling people "bitch" in at least two of your posts. Look in a mirror, will you? Who exactly do you expect to engage with you in any kind of reasonable dialogue when you're this emotional?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »

True. When anyone resorts to insults it's usually over
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 12:46:35 PM by Singletxguyforfun »

You've literally been calling people "bitch" in at least two of your posts. Look in a mirror, will you? Who exactly do you expect to engage with you in any kind of reasonable dialogue when you're this emotional?

It's a figure of speech bro. I use it all the time, not really an insult when you sayim a word you use like 3 times an hour atleast. And besides, dude insulted my family. What you want me to call him??
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 12:49:05 PM »

Claiming that children who were brought here with no volition of their own are criminals is like claiming that orphans are responsible for their predicament or that heroin-addicted-born babies are no-good criminal druggies. It really requires a complete disconnect from empathy and reality.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »

Claiming that children who were brought here with no volition of their own are criminals is like claiming that orphans are responsible for their predicament or that heroin-addicted-born babies are no-good criminal druggies. It really requires a complete disconnect from empathy and reality.
Orphans are not in violation of the law, and they should be helped, babies born with heroin addictions were not in possession or shot up, so they didn't break a law and should be helped. A kid who came here illegally is in violation of immigration and residency laws, and as such is a criminal under definition of the law. Jesus Christ is it this hard for people to understand a basic law?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »

It's a figure of speech bro. I use it all the time, not really an insult when you sayim a word you use like 3 times an hour atleast. And besides, dude insulted my family. What you want me to call him??

Ahhhhh. His little feelings were hurt. What a snowflake.
And now we have to hear about some corny excuse for using insults, because he uses it "like 3 times an hour atleast." That kind of logic might work on trump cultist, but not here buddy.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »

Orphans are not in violation of the law, and they should be helped, babies born with heroin addictions were not in possession or shot up, so they didn't break a law and should be helped. A kid who came here illegally is in violation of immigration and residency laws, and as such is a criminal under definition of the law. Jesus Christ is it this hard for people to understand a basic law?

No, DACA kids aren't criminals, and you don't need to be an immigration lawyer to know that basic fact. Illegal entry and visa overstay are not crimes, and even if they were, crimes require culpability. Immigration offenses do not require culpability, but that is because they aren't crimes.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 03:26:11 PM by TexasGurl »

And now we have to hear about some corny excuse for using insults, because he uses it "like 3 times an hour atleast." That kind of logic might work on trump cultist, but not here buddy.

Oh, oops, did I insult you? Grow a pair, you snowflake SJW.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 01:08:33 PM by ProudModerate2 »

He thinks he is tough, but he is not.
It's all talk.
I have seen many cowards like this over my lifetime.

Now, he is just acting like a ridiculous psychotic clown. He fits right in with the New Fuhrer Club of America. I mean, read what he is posting. He is literally foaming at the mouth with insanity. Someone commit this guy to a mental-case sanatorium.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 03:26:47 PM by TexasGurl »

Are you really trying to have a dick-measuring contest with a girl?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 03:27:19 PM by TexasGurl »

Are you really trying to have a dick-measuring contest with a girl?
Why not, Cartman did it on South Park. Atleast you get the humor
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 01:20:17 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 03:27:46 PM by TexasGurl »

It's all talk.

Now, he is just acting like a ridiculous psychotic clown. He fits right in with the New Fuhrer Club of America. I mean, read what he is posting. He is literally foaming at the mouth with insanity. Someone commit this guy to a mental-case sanatorium.

Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2017, 03:28:10 PM by TexasGurl »

It's all talk.

Oh wow and you watch the sinpsons. How totally relevant and cool that is (in 1988)
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »

LOL, well this thread went downhill in a hurry.  Just posting in here before the inevitable lock.

Anyways, not a Republican (so I won't submit a vote), but I used to be registered as one in NY years ago.  Were I still to be registered as one though, this move would not alienate me from the party.  Actually on the contrary, I would probably be more likely to stay in the party.

mgop
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2017, 04:23:20 PM »

they don't have to be separated, they can all go
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies