NJ SEN- Booker Leads by 35 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:18:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ SEN- Booker Leads by 35 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ SEN- Booker Leads by 35  (Read 745 times)
PolitiJunkie

« on: September 14, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »

Odd that they're still bothering to poll this election, since there's very little chance of an upset and everyone knows how it's going to go.

Everyone would've been saying that in the MA special election too though.

Did you really just make that comparison? You're trying to equivocate a popular centrist Republican running against a flawed Democrat at a time when the national momentum was very much with the right, with a (as much as I hate him) very popular and charismatic Democrat running against an extremely conservative Republican who has lost several elections whose main campaign message has been accusing his opponent of being gay at a time when the national mood is disgust with the Tea Party obstructionism and extremism? You've got to be kidding me.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »

Odd that they're still bothering to poll this election, since there's very little chance of an upset and everyone knows how it's going to go.

Everyone would've been saying that in the MA special election too though.

Did you really just make that comparison? You're trying to equivocate a popular centrist Republican running against a flawed Democrat at a time when the national momentum was very much with the right, with a (as much as I hate him) very popular and charismatic Democrat running against an extremely conservative Republican who has lost several elections whose main campaign message has been accusing his opponent of being gay at a time when the national mood is disgust with the Tea Party obstructionism and extremism? You've got to be kidding me.

Scott Brown didn't become "popular" until about a month before the election. Before that he was anonymous.

I'm not saying I think Lonegan actually has a chance, just that sometimes there are huge surprises that people miss if they don't poll it just because "everyone knows what will happen anyway". Had nobody polled MA because everyone thought it was in the bag for the Democrats no matter what, the reactions on election day would've been very interesting indeed.

Well, not really, because had nobody polled MA, no one would have known that Brown had a shot, so way less people would have explored him and decided to vote for him despite their Democratic tendencies, and Republican turnout would have been a lot lower. That's moot though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies