Democrats who could fit into European right wing parties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:41:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Democrats who could fit into European right wing parties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats who could fit into European right wing parties  (Read 1189 times)
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« on: March 27, 2023, 03:08:18 AM »

I know one of the least favourite takes of this forum is that 'democrats would be centre right in Europe' and for good reason. With that being said, there are at least some prominent democrats who I think this could accurately apply to, albeit mainly for western and northern europe (can't imagine even the most conservative democrat being in Fidesz). People like Joe Lieberman I could comfortably picture in the moderate wing of the British Tories, same with Michael Bloomberg, who is really only a democrat in the most nominal sense. Can anyone think of any other examples and the 'type' of politician and/or voter this may apply to?

No. Bloomberg was literally endorsed by London's Labour mayor Sadiq Khan during the 2020 Democratic Primaries.

Khan would certainly be a Democrat in the United States, but that's not the question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies