Snowe/Collins vs Nelson/Landrieu (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:33:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Snowe/Collins vs Nelson/Landrieu (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you vote/ Who wins
I would vote for Snowe/Collins
I would vote for Nelson/Landrieu
I think Snowe/Collins would win
I think Nelson/Landrieu would win
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Snowe/Collins vs Nelson/Landrieu  (Read 2082 times)
Neinrein
Rookie

« on: December 18, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »

With an election with an odd map, Snowe wins the election, but Landrieu becomes VP. Jersey is the close state that decides the election, while West Virginia narrowly eludes Collins of the VP spot

I think you underestimate Nelson/Landrieu. Southerners only vote Republican when they do for social issues, not economics. You'd be running two socially conservative economic liberals against two social moderate economic conservatives

Democrats win every state in the South with that kind of ticket, save maybe Texas
Neinrein
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »

I think you underestimate Nelson/Landrieu. Southerners only vote Republican when they do for social issues, not economics. You'd be running two socially conservative economic liberals against two social moderate economic conservatives

Democrats win every state in the South with that kind of ticket, save maybe Texas
Which is why Obama won so many southern states?

Obama is black, and in this election, Obama ran against a social conservative and everything the GOP ran down here talked about guns, talked about abortion, etc and as such what you have presented fails to be a good counterpoint
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies