2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:27:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 120
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 170151 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: October 13, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

NJ and PA and a number of other states posted updates today.  Democrats are energized everywhere.  I think people are too focused on 2016 to realize that this might be an absolute bloodbath for Republicans this year. 
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1101 on: October 13, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2020, 10:26:34 AM by Exopolitician »

I'm in line for early voting in McKinney and it's an hour long wait. This is insane.

Is that a DEM or GOP area?

Trump won Collin county 56-39. Most of the voters in line today were super diverse and young. Usually McKinney and Frisco are pretty conservative.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1102 on: October 13, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »

I'm in line for early voting in McKinney and it's an hour long wait. This is insane.

Trump won Collin county 56-39. Most of the voters in line today were super diverse and young. Usually McKinney and Frisco are pretty conservative.

Thank you for doing your part!
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1103 on: October 13, 2020, 10:31:21 AM »

Thank you for doing your part!

Of course! I've been waiting four years for this.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1104 on: October 13, 2020, 10:32:12 AM »

you can vote by mail, vote on election day or wait a few days... LOL

I mean, I understand the concept of your answer, but two things can happen at once. You could wait till another day to vote, sure, or vote a different way... but at the same time, there's no reason why there isn't more sites in MANY states right now to vote. One drop box in a whole county is insane. Just like in GA, there should've been more remote sites to early vote at.

It's a fundamental Republican philosophy to make it harder for people to vote.  This is why Election Day still isn't a national holiday...it's the ONLY reason they're railing against mail-in ballots...it's why there are hours long lines to vote...it's why they purge voter rolls...it's why they decrease polling sites and limit the ways in which we can cast our ballots.

They know that they're quickly losing demographics and they're grasping at whatever threads they can.

Eventually the only way they'll be able to stay in power is by outright cheating.

It should be quite difficult for people to vote, and suffrage in general needs to be scaled back a lot. Many people who vote should not be allowed to.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1105 on: October 13, 2020, 10:36:07 AM »

Wisconsin is now at 717k returned votes. Dane county's return rate is at 62% out of 54% requested. The Dem Superior counties are matching Dane in terms of rate. Milwaukee is speeding up further. They just hit 50% returned.

All promising signs.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1106 on: October 13, 2020, 10:42:05 AM »

Austrian ORF article about the hour-long wait in GA:

https://orf.at/stories/3185017
Malarkey Decider
United States

« Reply #1107 on: October 13, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »

I mean, I understand the concept of your answer, but two things can happen at once. You could wait till another day to vote, sure, or vote a different way... but at the same time, there's no reason why there isn't more sites in MANY states right now to vote. One drop box in a whole county is insane. Just like in GA, there should've been more remote sites to early vote at.

It's a fundamental Republican philosophy to make it harder for people to vote.  This is why Election Day still isn't a national holiday...it's the ONLY reason they're railing against mail-in ballots...it's why there are hours long lines to vote...it's why they purge voter rolls...it's why they decrease polling sites and limit the ways in which we can cast our ballots.

They know that they're quickly losing demographics and they're grasping at whatever threads they can.

Eventually the only way they'll be able to stay in power is by outright cheating.

It should be quite difficult for people to vote, and suffrage in general needs to be scaled back a lot. Many people who vote should not be allowed to.
Who are you referring to?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1108 on: October 13, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »

Thanks.  So it sounds like Trump might not win the county by as wide a margin this time?
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1109 on: October 13, 2020, 10:53:12 AM »

Thanks.  So it sounds like Trump might not win the county by as wide a margin this time?

I think it's going to be close, but I've never had to wait that long to vote in my life EVER. The turnout is definitely not good for Trump.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1110 on: October 13, 2020, 11:01:42 AM »

NJ and PA and a number of other states posted updates today.  Democrats are energized everywhere.  I think people are too focused on 2016 to realize that this might be an absolute bloodbath for Republicans this year. 

This is a very underrated factor. It is quite possible that the polls are missing the energy on the Dem site. What we're seeing is insane in turns of turnout.
ExSky

« Reply #1111 on: October 13, 2020, 11:05:58 AM »

While Trump won by 17, Cruz only beat Beto by around 6. McKinney is a perfect example of the rapid suburban change.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1112 on: October 13, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »

At least you are living up to your name.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1113 on: October 13, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »

If you wrote that post a decade ago or even five years ago, I'd be laughing hysterically.

As stands, it's actually a good question.

That said, the McKinney part of Collin County is more right wing than the rest of it, so Trump should still carry that poster's area, but not by nearly as much. And Collin County itself is swinging so hard that some people legitimately think Biden might carry it after Trump won it by 17 in 2016 and Romney carried it by 31 in 2012.

Posters like the one quoted above are driving Collin County, once really the bedrock of the TX GOP, into swing territory.

Anyway, I'm planning on voting Thursday here in Dallas because day one early voting is insane. Lines should be a lot more manageable by then.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1114 on: October 13, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »

Who are you referring to?

He has a C-AL avatar. Who do you think he's referring to?
n1240

« Reply #1115 on: October 13, 2020, 11:38:42 AM »

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1116 on: October 13, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »

I don't give a rat's ass about Yellowhammer, but one person recommend this post--Jessica.  Which is interesting because just 5 days ago Jessica posted this

Voting should be by mail in every state. I am a conservative but I believe everyone should have a right to vote and it should be easy!

Please explain yourself
ExSky

« Reply #1117 on: October 13, 2020, 11:45:26 AM »

I don't give a rat's ass about Yellowhammer, but one person recommend this post--Jessica.  Which is interesting because just 5 days ago Jessica posted this

Voting should be by mail in every state. I am a conservative but I believe everyone should have a right to vote and it should be easy!

Please explain yourself

What else do you expect from a republican. They will act nice when they have to and then suppress when they need to.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1118 on: October 13, 2020, 11:48:04 AM »

Great idea. Perhaps we could start by excluding anyone whose grandparents didn’t have the right to vote? Then perhaps we could have a number of literacy tests and give the clerk some leeway in who he gave the test to.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1119 on: October 13, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »

Omg Jessica exposed party.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1120 on: October 13, 2020, 12:02:11 PM »

Can Texans drop off their mail ballots at these early vote locations?
If yes then Abbott's decision to limit drop boxes is just plain stupid and served only to inflame Democrats in big cities.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #1121 on: October 13, 2020, 12:13:36 PM »

Please explain yourself

Honestly, there were good reason for the founders to make it land owning tax paying citizens. That was to prevent traitors and anti-Americans from getting control of the government. Well, look what is happening.  Of course, you think it is fine that cities are burning from people with little to no respect for the law and culture of our country. This is why I endorsed his post but also feel that people that do love this country should have an easy time with voting.

This is all I will say about it as this is off topic.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1122 on: October 13, 2020, 12:16:20 PM »

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1123 on: October 13, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »

Please explain yourself

Honestly, there were good reason for the founders to make it land owning tax paying citizens. That was to prevent traitors and anti-Americans from getting control of the government. Well, look what is happening.  Of course, you think it is fine that cities are burning from people with little to no respect for the law and culture of our country. This is why I endorsed his post but also feel that people that do love this country should have an easy time with voting.

It's entirely on topic, and this goes on your permanent record.  Twenty years from now Mr. Morden will be to recall this exactly.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1124 on: October 13, 2020, 12:44:13 PM »

What an abysmal post. To claim everyone should love America while alluding to "land owners" being the only ones who should have the right to vote.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies