Nov 7th - MA, OH, PA, GA, ME - Mayor, Referendum, PA Supreme Court ONLY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nov 7th - MA, OH, PA, GA, ME - Mayor, Referendum, PA Supreme Court ONLY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nov 7th - MA, OH, PA, GA, ME - Mayor, Referendum, PA Supreme Court ONLY  (Read 14080 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 06, 2017, 03:09:53 AM »

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2017/10/ben_walsh_balances_republican_name_democrat.html

He is part of the Walsh dynasty. So probably in a different world, he would be a moderate Republican.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:49 PM »

PA Supreme Court
55% in

Dwayne D. Woodruff (D): 50.34%
Sallie Mundy (R): 49.66%

Too close and with too many votes left to count for my comfort...
The only thing keeping me optimistic here is the fact that the Democrats are surely going to take 3/4 of the Superior Court seats so maybe Woodruff will pull off a very narrow victory.

This so far looks like a standard narrow Republican victory. The voters after 60% lean heavily Republican typically. Lancaster and York are still completely out as well.

North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »

Mundy has now taken the lead at 63% reporting.

North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »

The thing we saw in 2015 was that Democrats finally overcame the down ballot edge in Philly burbs that Republicans had managed to maintain previous even as they shifted up ballot in prior decades, but hadn't compensated in the rest of the state.

Luzerne, Erie and Lackawanna should be very concerning for Democrats going forward. And Democrats are lucky that Bob Casey Jr. is a home town hero in Scranton.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »

Woodruff closed the gap. It's a .7 race. He still has votes in Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, and Lehigh so he may still have a chance.

Remember in PA, a lot of counties start of Dem and get more Republican as the night goes on. I remember this threw people off in 2010 Senate for instance and in 2016.

A lot of these swing counties also get more Republican. Clinton had some hefty leads in Bucks, Centre, Northampton and by the end they were 50-50 one way or the other.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:23 PM »

Just want to let everyone who is reading way too much into this Supreme court race to know that the turnout in this election is abysmally low. Neither candidate is going to hit a million votes. Think about that. Trump and Clinton both had 2.9 million votes respectively. And as we all know, low turnout benefits Republicans. Mundy actually won Delaware county... think about that.

I do wish Woodruff won. I met him before and he was a very genuine guy with an awesome story, he attended law school while still playing for the Steelers. I hope he runs again for an open seat during a Presidential or Midterm election year.

Mundy just crossed 1 million:
http://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/#

Turnout will likely be double this, not triple.

In 2006 and 2010, they had about 4 million votes. In 2014 it was about 3.5 million.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:42:30 PM »

Tonight was just a complete disaster for Trump and the GOP. 2018 is going to be miserable for them. Plus they lost control of the Gerrymandering process for Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Republicans lost the Supreme Court Majority in 2015, not tonight.

In fact, that on the heels of Wolf's win in 2014, was used to shoot down any talk of Trump winning the state in 2016, and we saw how that turned out.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 11:43:17 PM »

Republicans do not have a veto proof majority in the PA House.

Correct.

The hacks on both sides in this thread need to chill out. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies