Russia deploying forces in Libya, Egypt... how will Trump respond? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:09:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Russia deploying forces in Libya, Egypt... how will Trump respond? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russia deploying forces in Libya, Egypt... how will Trump respond?  (Read 2437 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: March 14, 2017, 01:45:38 AM »

One question - Libya's and Egypt's goverments adopted this deployment??? If so - what questions may be???
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:36:26 AM »

Trump would probably surrender to Moscow for $100.

We will think whether price is too high))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »

One question - Libya's and Egypt's goverments adopted this deployment??? If so - what questions may be???

Libya barely even has a government, and Sisi wants to have an arms dealer with even less scruples than the west.

As weak as they are - they are recognized by UN AFAIK, and thus have every right to invite anybody (including Russians) without asking for US permission.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:36:42 AM »

libya's what?

Whatever is recognized as Libyan government by UN..
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

Libya barely even has a government, and Sisi wants to have an arms dealer with even less scruples than the west.

As weak as they are - they are recognized by UN AFAIK, and thus have every right to invite anybody (including Russians) without asking for US permission.

What matters here is that Russia is an enemy nation; arguably one of the major threats (although obviously not the greatest, even if Putin likes to pretend that this is the case) to American interests abroad.  

Don't forget - i am of Russian origin and right now - live in Russia (because of family reasons). I will answer in one phrase: we are not REALLY an enemies of the US, but if you want us to be one - we will oblige.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 12:47:08 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2017, 12:49:04 PM by smoltchanov »

Don't forget - i am of Russian origin and right now - live in Russia (because of family reasons). I will answer in one phrase: we are not REALLY an enemies of the US, but if you want us to be one - we will oblige.

the russian people are never ever an enemy of anyone but the russian government is an enemy of the european way of life and pushes hard against liberalism in the classical and the modern way.

That's true. But right now that government has a support of majority of "common russian people" (the people like me are rather an exception, not the rule). This is a sad fact, but it's a fact. And it's not a thing that could be (or will be) corrected in one day.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »

That's true. But right now that government has a support of majority of "common russian people" (the people like me are rather an exception, not the rule). This is a sad fact, but it's a fact. And it's not a thing that could be (or will be) corrected in one day.

Can't argue with that, good sir.

Well, i was more optimistic when medwedew was "playing" the president....words can be very powerful...and i am going to be more optimistic again when Mister Putin is gone.

Well, Medwedew is a lightweight and political clown. Putin is ... well, a "son of KGB": distrustful of the West, but (sadly) neither a lightweight nor a clown. What will happen most likely? Putin's reelection in 2018 (i never voted for him and have no intention of doing so) and then - grooming of successor, who may be either better (like Kudrin, whom i see as an ideal candidate for Prime Minister for now) or worse (like defence minister Shoigu). Relations with the West will be cool for now, but, most likely will VERY slowly improve later on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies