Chattanooga VW workers reject UAW, 53-47% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:52:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chattanooga VW workers reject UAW, 53-47% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chattanooga VW workers reject UAW, 53-47%  (Read 5084 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: February 20, 2014, 02:58:51 PM »

If I remember correctly one of the reason (the other was angry unions at home) that VW tried to push unions, was because they was completely unable to keep the good workers, because of the lousy work place "climate", which harmed their product quality, and put their brand value at risk.  Setting up the union was an attempt to improve this by getting input from the workers. So this vote may result in them leaving the South. Of course before people become to happy about this, it just mean that they expand the production in Mexico, which have been able to deliver an acceptable quality in the products.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »

I thought Germany had a law that says German-based corporations must have labor representatives on their corporate boards. I thought that was why Volkswagen was more open to unionization.

Honestly I'm not enough into German law to know that, but even if they have, it doesn't necessary mean that they have to have that abroad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies