French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:50:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: French political discussion megathread: Yellow Vest Redux  (Read 30793 times)
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« on: June 30, 2023, 03:08:11 PM »

Violent riots are always the wrong approach and lead to nothing other than more innocent people or their property getting hurt. What happened is a tragedy and disgrace, but two wrongs don't make a right. Protests should always be peaceful, otherwise it's no protest.

i'm sure you would be the type of person who would chant: "all lives matter" during the BLM protests.

Secondly, i believe in protests, riots and revolution. If you don't than you would simply have obeyed the nazis if you were alive 80 years ago.

I at least would fight, even if that led me to being incarcerated in a concentration camp. My question to you: "what side are you on!".

It's essential to safeguard and protect a democracy.

Congratulations on winning the Godwin's Law award Wink

We're on a forum discussing politics. And yes if you believe violence is never the solution, we would live in authoritarian regimes.

You haven't taken the effort to disprove what i've said, you just mentioned "godwin's law" but that itself doesn't disprove it.

Also please stop responding in size 10 format because you make it look like you think you're above everyone else.

But France is not authoritarian state

On side note, last year there was a movie which predicted current events
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_(2022_film)

kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 05:15:17 PM »

Violent riots are always the wrong approach and lead to nothing other than more innocent people or their property getting hurt. What happened is a tragedy and disgrace, but two wrongs don't make a right. Protests should always be peaceful, otherwise it's no protest.

i'm sure you would be the type of person who would chant: "all lives matter" during the BLM protests.

Secondly, i believe in protests, riots and revolution. If you don't than you would simply have obeyed the nazis if you were alive 80 years ago.

I at least would fight, even if that led me to being incarcerated in a concentration camp. My question to you: "what side are you on!".

It's essential to safeguard and protect a democracy.

Congratulations on winning the Godwin's Law award Wink

We're on a forum discussing politics. And yes if you believe violence is never the solution, we would live in authoritarian regimes.

You haven't taken the effort to disprove what i've said, you just mentioned "godwin's law" but that itself doesn't disprove it.

Also please stop responding in size 10 format because you make it look like you think you're above everyone else.

But France is not authoritarian state

On side note, last year there was a movie which predicted current events
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athena_(2022_film)

My point is that this is a subjective term.

I don't think it's a democratic one either if Macron for controversial decisions bypasses parliament.

Maybe for white people it's democratic, but it's not for non-whites. You don't have the same chances as a non-white like whites do here. (although part of that might be a geographic issue: city demographics).

Well, it is democratic by any possible measure, is considered democratic in all possible ratings etc. If it is not democracy, I don't know, what is, probably no country on Earth is.

Why though? Non-white citizens have similar rights as white (are Arabs white, btw?), there are plenty non-white politicians etc. Like, it's not Israel or Alabama
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 12:22:14 PM »

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20240117-natalist-macron-sparks-uproar-revive-france-birth-rate
The president pledged to offer a better parental leave and combat infertility – which he called "the taboo of the century".

The CIDFF, an association that helps women and families, expressed "deep concern."

"The implementation of natalist policies, profoundly contrary to the autonomy of women, constitutes a worrying political and social regression," the association said.

Also Le Pen is happy of course.

Oh wish, anti-natalist organization. Haven't heard about such a thing in recent memory
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 04:58:25 AM »

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20240117-natalist-macron-sparks-uproar-revive-france-birth-rate
The president pledged to offer a better parental leave and combat infertility – which he called "the taboo of the century".

The CIDFF, an association that helps women and families, expressed "deep concern."

"The implementation of natalist policies, profoundly contrary to the autonomy of women, constitutes a worrying political and social regression," the association said.

Also Le Pen is happy of course.

Oh wish, anti-natalist organization. Haven't heard about such a thing in recent memory

Since when is allowing adults to make their own choices as individuals, without harming the rest of society , anti-natalist?

They are directly attacking pro-natalist policies in a quote.

I wonder what are the calculations on their part, bring more migrants? But almost every region on Earth now has below replacement fertility level, and even in Africa fertility is dropping rapidly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies